Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Theyíd need to drop a lot more than Q to get under the tax. I donít think itíll be possible now that they are off to a good start. Youíd only be saving 1 months salary per player at this new trade deadline.
    The tax isn't prorated like the salaries are?

Isn't the tax number going to be about 37% of 208 million? That would be about 77 million. Is the Cubs salary at the same rate, which would be about 79.7 million this year? So are they not just 2.7 million over right now? Q's salary this year is about 4.2 million. Am I missing something?

Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
    Last edited by thawv; 08-07-2020 at 12:13 PM.

I doubt they would make a trade with the White Sox for Q. Theo gave up 2 high end prospects who are contributing on the Sox team now, I canít see him sending Q back to the Sox a few years later for a reliever or a marginal position player. Donít see his ego allowing that one. Maybe with another team

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'd hold onto Quintana, a couple of these SP are pitching over their heads now and will eventually come down to earth a bit.

Why the offense need to start getting it together, especially Bryant and Rizzo, because the SP gonna start hitting a rough spot eventually

Unless they're looking to get under the threshold, any trade they make for relievers will be sonewhat minor.
    I'm thinking that as well. It seems like it's safer to hold onto him. There'd have to be a deal like CP mentioned to tempt me.

Tonights game will be cancelled after more Cardinals positive tests.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Tonights game will be cancelled after more Cardinals positive tests.
    https://twitter.com/markasaxon/statu...684559360?s=20

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No baseball this weekend..
    Fukn Cardinals

By Monday, the Cardinals will be a dozen games behind schedule.

It sucks, but this thing just didn't work. I hope the NFL learns from MLB's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    The tax isn't prorated like the salaries are?

Isn't the tax number going to be about 37% of 208 million? That would be about 77 million. Is the Cubs salary at the same rate, which would be about 79.7 million this year? So are they not just 2.7 million over right now? Q's salary this year is about 4.2 million. Am I missing something?

Can someone help me with this? Thanks.
    My understanding, and I could be wrong since it seemed like everything changed a bunch of times in different CBA talks this summer, is that it isnít prorated. The tax is still 208 but they use the normal full salaries of the players to calculate it. So Heyward still counts as $20+ and KB counts at his full number, etc even though they arenít actually getting all that money.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    By Monday, the Cardinals will be a dozen games behind schedule.

It sucks, but this thing just didn't work. I hope the NFL learns from MLB's mistakes.
    It been working fine for 28 other teams

(Cardinals Marlins )

It been working fine for 28 other teams

(Cardinals Marlins )
    So do we move forward with a 28 team season. Or do the Cardinals have to play 20 doubleheaders... And what happens when another team gets besieged by the virus, or two or three more teams.

So do we move forward with a 28 team season. Or do the Cardinals have to play 20 doubleheaders... And what happens when another team gets besieged by the virus, or two or three more teams.
    Marlins are back playing, all the other 27 teams appear fine and should be ok if they keep following protocol and such..

The Cardinals situation, I just saw Levine say it was 1 new player, I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later how he caught it if it not a false positive.

So, as of now there no reason not to continue going .

Hopefully it just tonight game and theyll be playing a DH tomorrow or Sunday to make it up

Sucks for Cardinals but , they're going to be playing a few DHers to catch up

Some teams will probably not play 60 games. The 7 inning double headers help.

Marlins are back playing, all the other 27 teams appear fine and should be ok if they keep following protocol and such..

The Cardinals situation, I just saw Levine say it was 1 new player, I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later how he caught it if it not a false positive.

So, as of now there no reason not to continue going .

Hopefully it just tonight game and theyll be playing a DH tomorrow or Sunday to make it up

Sucks for Cardinals but , they're going to be playing a few DHers to catch up
    Well, I like your optimism. It's not impossible, but I fear it's just going to keep getting more and more difficult.

8/5 & 8/6: Cubs (9-2) at Royals (3-9) IGT

Yikes. I think itís likely there will be no games this weekend
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 08-07-2020 at 02:20 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yikes. I think itís likely there will be no games this weekend
    I can't see how in the world there could be. I'm more worried about the fate of the season than the fate of the weekend.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast