Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Curry

6 54.55%
  • Dwyane Wade

3 27.27%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

1 9.09%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

1 9.09%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

0 0%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    . I hope you actually have a vote here. I would love to hear who you would pick.
    It's a list, not a random question.

If I participate after that awful #2 pick it means I consider that this is a legit list of any sort. I just cannot take this seriously and cannot participate in something that aggregates based on something that was off to a terrible start and cannot be rectified anyway.

Larry Bird being #6 is another one.

How can you ask me to vote on some list that will have me select someone like Barkley, Tmac, Walton, Grant Hill and Isiah Thomas as having an inferior peak to Kawhi freaking Leonard, while Kobe and Wade are still out there.
    The list is outrageous, the participation is too low and there's no actual discussion going on about who and why should get picked apart from some random one on one (both members and about one player each) that is irrelevant and rarely to the actual point. Which is peak.

Maybe if you didn't feel that you've started some great "official" list that is going to be a point of reference in the future I wouldn't have bothered opening it and wanting to punch my eye sockets out seeing the results.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    It's a list, not a random question.

If I participate after that awful #2 pick it means I consider that this is a legit list of any sort. I just cannot take this seriously and cannot participate in something that aggregates based on something that was off to a terrible start and cannot be rectified anyway.

Larry Bird being #6 is another one.

How can you ask me to vote on some list that will have me select someone like Barkley, Tmac, Walton, Grant Hill and Isiah Thomas as having an inferior peak to Kawhi freaking Leonard, while Kobe and Wade are still out there.
    The list is outrageous, the participation is too low and there's no actual discussion going on about who and why should get picked apart from some random one on one (both members and about one player each) that is irrelevant and rarely to the actual point. Which is peak.

Maybe if you didn't feel that you've started some great "official" list that is going to be a point of reference in the future I wouldn't have bothered opening it and wanting to punch my eye sockets out seeing the results.
    I appreciate the laugh. I do. Do me a favor and just don't open the threads anymore. No one wants to hear this incessant whining. I have done my best to be patient with you and to try and engage in a discussion but you clearly have no interest so please move along.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

All this started because you refuse to have a conversation about why you seem to judge players based on "the modern era". You have repeatedly stated that directly and indirectly. You keep ignoring the question and now you preach about having a!n interest in a discussion? The only person who bothered to reply was Chronz and it wasn't even directed at him.

Minutes per game during +30ppg season:
    LeBron = 40.4mpg
    Kobe = 41.5, 41, 40.8
    Durant = 39.5, 38.5
    Kareem = 40.1, 44.2, 42.8, 42.3
    Wade = 38.6
    MJ = 37.7, 38.8, 39.3, 39, 40.2 40.4, 40
    Wilt = 44mpg or MORE every year
    Moses = 42mpg

Stephen Curry = 34.2 minutes per game

You can't touch that. In 15-16 destroyed the league in 3 quarters and chilled'. It was absurd.

Kristaps Porzingis

All this started because you refuse to have a conversation about why you seem to judge players based on "the modern era". You have repeatedly stated that directly and indirectly. You keep ignoring the question and now you preach about having a!n interest in a discussion? The only person who bothered to reply was Chronz and it wasn't even directed at him.
    Oh please! I never refuse. I'm always here my friend. I have never had THIS debate before. "peak" only "1 game" only. No concerns about health (hi tmac and walton!!!) and of course I would just use the modern era because that it is the one we know the best. Now don't try and sucker me in to side discussions. Either give me your guy or like I said...

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

Kristaps Porzingis

Minutes per game during +30ppg season:
    LeBron = 40.4mpg
    Kobe = 41.5, 41, 40.8
    Durant = 39.5, 38.5
    Kareem = 40.1, 44.2, 42.8, 42.3
    Wade = 38.6
    MJ = 37.7, 38.8, 39.3, 39, 40.2 40.4, 40
    Wilt = 44mpg or MORE every year
    Moses = 42mpg

Stephen Curry = 34.2 minutes per game

You can't touch that. In 15-16 destroyed the league in 3 quarters and chilled'. It was absurd.
    That’s what you’re basing your decision on lol? Thats garbage.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    He destroyed the regular season more than any player... EVER. He can't go #14? Son you crazy

Kristaps Porzingis

He destroyed the regular season more than any player... EVER. He can't go #14? Son you crazy
    Giannis is scoring 0.97pts per minute he plays this season, it is by far the best record ever (LOL... 1pt per minute, it's crazy) and has been drafted 15th!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    Giannis is scoring 0.97pts per minute he plays this season, it is by far the best record ever (LOL... 1pt per minute, it's crazy) and has been drafted 15th!
    how manyrings?

Kristaps Porzingis

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Why do people assume if someone posts a single stat to bolster their argument that means they are ONLY using that stat to formulate their argument?

What a garbage assumption

Because it’s the end result of the leagues evolution. For the same reason we don’t go “sure Tom Brady is a good QB now, but he would suck before the forward pass is invented so he can’t be the best”

Also, you needing to go back before the 3pt line to try to devalue players like Curry shows you understand the value of spacing and 3pt shooting (even if you won’t admit it) and if they’d be dropped back to the 80’s with the line, they’d still do amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why do people assume if someone posts a single stat to bolster their argument that means they are ONLY using that stat to formulate their argument?

What a garbage assumption
    Bc we all know if we are judging based on his post season history he isn’t going 14

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because it’s the end result of the leagues evolution. For the same reason we don’t go “sure Tom Brady is a good QB now, but he would suck before the forward pass is invented so he can’t be the best”

Also, you needing to go back before the 3pt line to try to devalue players like Curry shows you understand the value of spacing and 3pt shooting (even if you won’t admit it) and if they’d be dropped back to the 80’s with the line, they’d still do amazing.
    But the issue here is not bashing modern players but assuming that previous generations wouldn't be able to do stuff just because they weren't in the rules back then! I'm not bashing modern players as you always assume, what I'm doing is responding to you guys who are constantly bashing older generation players and assume they aren't as skilled because the rules never let them express or highlight those skills.
    If anything, less is demanded from modern players than in the past (going as back as the late 70s) in terms of skillset. Just as they are highlights specific traits to make everyone - but the game of basketball - look better, you're also doing the same thing in your arguments. You are completely cancelling out extremely important factors to highlight how someone wouldn't cope in the modern era; hence's "not good enough".

And thank you for finally pointing out, flat out, that your opinion is that we're currently in the best version of the NBA ever. Thought so, but you'd never openly state this absurd view.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 08-08-2020 at 05:58 AM.

yea i dont mind curry here... next would probably be wade.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast