Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stephen Curry

    6 54.55%
  • Dwyane Wade

    3 27.27%
  • Kobe Bryant

    0 0%
  • Bill Walton

    0 0%
  • Kevin Garnett

    0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

    0 0%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

    1 9.09%
  • Karl Malone

    0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

    0 0%
  • Julius Erving

    0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

    0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

    0 0%
  • Jerry West

    1 9.09%
  • David Robinson

    0 0%
  • James Harden

    0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

    0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

    0 0%
  • Rick Barry

    0 0%
  • John Havlicek

    0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

    0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

    0 0%
  • Steve Nash

    0 0%
  • Chris Paul

    0 0%
  • John Stockton

    0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

    0 0%
  • Willis Reed

    0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

    0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

    0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

    0 0%
  • Anthony Davis

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am leaning Curry here, too bad I missed the last vote as he was the key to that Warriors team in reality.

    Curry was pretty easily seen as better coming off those MVP's and a title, many even argued him with Lebron at that time (it was who is best in league between them after 15). It was hating at the time to point out Curry's legacy would actually likely be limited by KD joining in his status/rankings given the system but here we are he is now behind KD. I think this is a pretty common view now after their time together.
    So 1 game winner takes all youíre taking a guy who folds or gets outplayed by his teammates on the biggest stage?
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

    8/24/2

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,835
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Am I missing something here? I looked at the thread for No. 13, and it was still a three-way tie between Curry, Durant and Wade. I didn't see a tiebreaker thread. Did someone just make an executive decision on Durant? That's about as BS as Durant getting upset every time someone reminds him he took the easy way out.
    Saddle never voted in the poll if you look at who was listed above. In the thread he did say this though

    "He was a snake and **** him for that but in one game where his coach/teammates are random, I canít think of anyone over him that still hasnít been taken (and a few who have)."

    Which I am guessing was counted as the tie breaker.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    So 1 game winner takes all youíre taking a guy who folds or gets outplayed by his teammates on the biggest stage?
    I am going for the guy who creates for the offense at such a high level the rest of the team goes 4v3. The reason he gets outplayed by his teammates is they go 1v1 or even 1v0 while he goes 1v2 30 ft away from the hoop.

    When a team isn't doing that to him he lights it up but in the finals that is how Cle played him (and moreso than other teams, biggest stage and he gets bigger attention for a reason). When a team does that a guy like Iggy can be FMVP by boosting his offense in that 1v0 role. A guy like KD all of a sudden becomes a better player than him.

    I am taking the impact over the individual stats if that is what you are getting at, sure. I have always been about the context.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,427
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Saddle never voted in the poll if you look at who was listed above. In the thread he did say this though

    "He was a snake and **** him for that but in one game where his coach/teammates are random, I canít think of anyone over him that still hasnít been taken (and a few who have)."

    Which I am guessing was counted as the tie breaker.
    Yeah, I canít vote from my phone or see the tallies. NY cleared it.

    Going Wade here but Iím cool with whomever between these top guys (Curry/Kobe/Walton).

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yeah, I canít vote from my phone or see the tallies. NY cleared it.

    Going Wade here but Iím cool with whomever between these top guys (Curry/Kobe/Walton).
    For sure you can vote from phone/off poll as I have too lol. You just never said "KD here for me" so I gave the statement to show what was probably counted. I can see why someone looking at thread wouldn't catch that immediately.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    49,754
    Walton


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,427
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    For sure you can vote from phone/off poll as I have too lol. You just never said "KD here for me" so I gave the statement to show what was probably counted. I can see why someone looking at thread wouldn't catch that immediately.
    Gotcha. Maybe I assumed NY would put me down for KD after voting him in on 12 or how I veiled 13. Iíll try to be more exact going forward.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    It doesn't, it's just a hypothetical game happening today, with today's rules and emphasises

    Would you guys say Walton is like a better defensive version of Nikola. Maybe a better rebounding version of the gasols?


    I think arvydas was better than all of them, when does he get voted in? Hell, he has better range than all too, perfect for today
    Nope, people are genuinely dismissing older players because they imagine that they wouldn't be able to play now without shooting threes or whatever.

    How about taking Curry or even Durant back in the 70s with no 3 point shot? Why don't they get hurt by this as well?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,880
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Nope, people are genuinely dismissing older players because they imagine that they wouldn't be able to play now without shooting threes or whatever.

    How about taking Curry or even Durant back in the 70s with no 3 point shot? Why don't they get hurt by this as well?
    If you want to do a poll where we pretend that they are shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket with 9 players on each team be my guest.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If you want to do a poll where we pretend that they are shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket with 9 players on each team be my guest.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

    San Antonio Spurs

    PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If you want to do a poll where we pretend that they are shooting a soccer ball into a peach basket with 9 players on each team be my guest.
    What's to pretend?
    You are clearly discriminating against players that you haven't seen, do not know their characteristics, assume that they'd not be good in this cupcake era and then have an inflated idea of how these modern stars would kill anyone else just because they get to shoot more threes.

    This is probably the worst ongoing attitude on this message board. And it screams ignorance in basketball.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,880
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    What's to pretend?
    You are clearly discriminating against players that you haven't seen, do not know their characteristics, assume that they'd not be good in this cupcake era and then have an inflated idea of how these modern stars would kill anyone else just because they get to shoot more threes.

    This is probably the worst ongoing attitude on this message board. And it screams ignorance in basketball.
    I have to disagree. I personally think that people that enter threads just to complain and make condescending posts have the worst ongoing attitude on this message board. If you think that the older generation has superior players, PICK ONE AND MAKE AN ARGUMENT. Oscar Robertson and Jerry West were two guards/wings who, by all accounts, could do everything well out on the court (including shoot!). Pick one of them and make a case. I'm open to it. Hell, if you had been going HAM for The Big O since #6 (like Iggie with D-Wade) then he probably would have gone by now.

    Another great example of a better way to handle a thread like this is VCaintdead17 debating me about Moses. I disagreed with a lot of things that he said but he definitely changed my opinion on Moses and has me second guessing that vote. These pot shots from the cheap seats are a just a waste of time man. Either roll up your sleeves and pick someone or don't even bother opening the thread. I hope you actually have a vote here. I would love to hear who you would pick.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47,598
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Nope, people are genuinely dismissing older players because they imagine that they wouldn't be able to play now without shooting threes or whatever.

    How about taking Curry or even Durant back in the 70s with no 3 point shot? Why don't they get hurt by this as well?
    Well yeah you can make that kind of thread, this is his idea of peak performance, we're just playing along. Relax

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,436
    i dunno, with somewhere around 9 votes each time, i don't think there's even a point in these topics. not a big enough sample size

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Well yeah you can make that kind of thread, this is his idea of peak performance, we're just playing along. Relax
    What do you mean "his idea of peak". If it's his idea, then there's no need for a poll. He just makes his list based on that.

    This is "everyone's" idea of peak. And it's appalling really

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •