Siakam: 2-8
    Harden: 1-7
    Towns: 1-6
    Lavine: 1-6
    Lowry: 0-5
    Middleton: 0-5
    Holiday: 1-5
    Luka: 1-5
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Can you go further into detail? Defensively Bam is far better, numbers wise he’s much better. Passing Bam is better. Siakam is definitely a good player but I don’t see how there could be much of an argument the more you look into it. Siakam is put in handcuffs when he’s guarded by bam too, just completely disappears.
    Siakam is a focal point scorer. A guy who dictates how defenses play you. There isn’t a more important or valuable skill than that in the NBA. Bam isn’t that guy. He’s not as valuable as someone who brings those things.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Are you kidding me? It's not even close.
    I know right, the answer is obviously Dean Wade

unsure... i always thought siak was overrated while bam is starting to come into his own... there is rumors that the heat will let him walk after this season to go get a top free agent. Is this true?

When defended by Bam:

Giannis: 8-23
    Kristaps: 5-18
    AD: 6-14
    Westbrook: 5-13
    no joel? : )

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    unsure... i always thought siak was overrated while bam is starting to come into his own... there is rumors that the heat will let him walk after this season to go get a top free agent. Is this true?
    Unlikely

0% chance that is true. Heat only have like $48 million on the books, including dead cap... For the 2021 season I assume you're talking about because Bam is under contract next season for $5 million.

Range is definitely limited but he can create for himself a lot better than people think but these opinions are expected as of right now as he continues to make a name for himself.

Defensively though I couldn’t disagree more and I don’t even think it’s close. Bam is a far better defender and can guard 1-5. I can’t find the graphic now but I saw it on twitter within the last week showing the variety of players he’s locked up such as Giannis, Siakam, Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Embiid, etc. he should be 1st team defense but worst case he’ll be 2nd
    Lol the majority of Bam's scoring comes from the PnR and making basket cuts. He can create for himself with some okay post moves and direct drives to the basket that's about it. Don't get me wrong, he's strong as hell but he's not crossing up guards and putting them in the spin cycle. Yeah he can do stuff like that to big men but Siakam has moves he can put on anyone. Bam is pure muscle with amazing finishing ability.

Bam has an amazing combination of speed and skill but you conveniently ignored his incompetence defending around the rim. For someone who plays centre he's not very good. He's 49th in the NBA with 3 defended field goals a game under 6ft. Then again his frequency in that area is only 39% which is pretty low for a centre. I guess he lets other players do the dirty work. He's quick and capable of switching on almost anyone but I still give the edge to Siakam on defence. Obviously neither of us will budge on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

When defended by Bam:

Giannis: 8-23
    Kristaps: 5-18
    AD: 6-14
    Westbrook: 5-13
    Why did Bam only defend 8 of Siakam's shots? Did he need to worry about Marc Gasol? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Siakam is a focal point scorer. A guy who dictates how defenses play you. There isn’t a more important or valuable skill than that in the NBA. Bam isn’t that guy. He’s not as valuable as someone who brings those things.
    Jerry stackhouse wasn't better at basketball than Shane battier.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I know right, the answer is obviously Dean Wade
    He knows, Cleveland legend, d Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Stackhouse was inefficient. He wasn’t an effective “focal point scorer” he just took a lot of shots. That doesn’t apply to Siakam.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    The statement is true but the comparison isnt close.

In this era Bams lack of offensive versatility makes him less valuable than a more complete two way player in Siakam.

I’d have to disagree, he’s our 2nd option and he’s worlds better defensively. This guy can literally guard all 5 positions and lock up and the numbers with his matchups back this claim. Offensively he doesn’t score in as many ways as Siakam but he’s more efficient and he’s a better passer. He’s expanded his game out to the mid range now too so the next step is the 3 now. His numbers destroy Siakams outside of PPG
    Hes more effecient because he takes less shots and mostly all inside 10-15.

They are two different players, with different roles. Its hard to compare imo.

Hell no it’s not true lmao! They’re not going to extend him more than likely to preserve cap for 2021 then go over the cap to resign him after landing a star. Hell be on board with it.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast