Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Simple, stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If we just use Green, Zero, Zach and Chap.

Why did Boone give that game away in Game 1?

We are down 4-3 with time running out and he sends out a rookie. Green should have been used for multiple innings and see if they could of made a comeback. And of course we score 7 but that damn rookie got his *** handed to him as Boone bungled up another loss.

7 inning game Aaron! You use Green in Game 1. You have to have urgency in every game with the shorten season. Now granted the playoff system is a fckn joke. There is zero incentive to win the Division. MLB just gives out playoff tickets to anybody now. Typical USA sports. Give trophies to everybody.

Don't you just hate managers that can't win every game? It's ridiculous.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If we just use Green, Zero, Zach and Chap.

Why did Boone give that game away in Game 1?

We are down 4-3 with time running out and he sends out a rookie. Green should have been used for multiple innings and see if they could of made a comeback. And of course we score 7 but that damn rookie got his *** handed to him as Boone bungled up another loss.

7 inning game Aaron! You use Green in Game 1. You have to have urgency in every game with the shorten season. Now granted the playoff system is a fckn joke. There is zero incentive to win the Division. MLB just gives out playoff tickets to anybody now. Typical USA sports. Give trophies to everybody.
    green has proven as a yankee in big playoff games he will choke and give up big home runs he did it against cleveland in 2017 against houston.. i have seen enough of green in big playoff games.,.

Not worried about Cole, Montgomery, or Tanaka. Very worried about Paxton and Happ

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Not worried about Cole, Montgomery, or Tanaka. Very worried about Paxton and Happ
    Agree.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Agree.
    Yep.

Actually, I would say I am worried about Pax. I am not worries about Happ because I wasn't expecting much from him and he is replaceable.
    I really hope we get to see Schmidt/King sooner than later. Garcia clearly still needs work.

edit- I forgot king pitched last night. It was forgettable. Hopefully he gets back to form.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-09-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep.

Actually, I would say I am worried about Pax. I am not worries about Happ because I wasn't expecting much from him and he is replaceable.
    I really hope we get to see Schmidt/King sooner than later. Garcia clearly still needs work.
    Yep. Not ready for prime time ....yet.

Schmidt and King look to be keepers. This season will afford the opportunity to get a look at the young guns in action, like Abreau. Some may not be ready for the big stage, but early indications are encouraging.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

What would you give up for Eovaldi ? COLE, Tanaka, Paxton, Eovaldi in the playoffs is not as good as Washington but is pretty impressive.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-15-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Lol eovaldi just got tagged by the yanks for 4 runs and yet you want to trade for hiM lol

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Lol eovaldi just got tagged by the yanks for 4 runs and yet you want to trade for hiM lol
    Sure do. He is a proven pitcher in the playoffs and would be a play off pitcher for us. So he gave up four runs. He kept his team in the game agaignst the Yankees. So yes, Eovaldi if the price is right would be great. Eovaldi would be a great acquisition, not an ace, but a tough veteran like a Key or Gooden was back in the 90s. Boston may get lots of offers at the deadline if they seek to deal him. Yankees often prefer veterans and he pitched very well for the Yankees before, and showed tremendous heart for the Sox in the World Series. In a game 3, 4, or 5 he would not be afraid in the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Sure do. He is a proven pitcher in the playoffs and would be a play off pitcher for us. So he gave up four runs. He kept his team in the game agaignst the Yankees. So yes, Eovaldi if the price is right would be great. Eovaldi would be a great acquisition, not an ace, but a tough veteran like a Key or Gooden was back in the 90s. Boston may get lots of offers at the deadline if they seek to deal him. Yankees often prefer veterans and he pitched very well for the Yankees before, and showed tremendous heart for the Sox in the World Series. In a game 3, 4, or 5 he would not be afraid in the play offs.

Make that 7 runs off of eovaldi tonight lol and btw 2 starts in the playoffs in one season is hardly proven in the playoffs . Just do yourself a favor and stick with the political thread because you are not making much sense here

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Make that 7 runs off of eovaldi tonight lol and btw 2 starts in the playoffs in one season is hardly proven in the playoffs . Just do yourself a favor and stick with the political thread because you are not making much sense here
    I was going to ask you to take a moment and ask yourself if your not holding a grudge and being combative over our discusions about politics. We are not discusing politics now. So Eovaldi had a rough game. Most pitchers the Yankees would be in the market for would be non aces, the Yankees wouls be looking for veteran arms for the end of the rotatation. Eovaldi if he is healthy and not expensive would be an improvement to Happ and a proven play off pitcher. I would have to see his contract numbers to see if he would be attainable.

Eovaldi signed a 4 year deal back in 2018 for some decent money. So Boston likely would be looking to trade his contract for a bag of balls. But the Yankees would likely not look into him.

I was going to ask you to take a moment and ask yourself if your not holding a grudge and being combative over our discusions about politics. We are not discusing politics now. So Eovaldi had a rough game. Most pitchers the Yankees would be in the market for would be non aces, the Yankees wouls be looking for veteran arms for the end of the rotatation. Eovaldi if he is healthy and not expensive would be an improvement to Happ and a proven play off pitcher. I would have to see his contract numbers to see if he would be attainable.
    Actually I didn’t say anything negative about your posts in the political threads here . I am just telling to continue posting there because you aren’t making a lot of sense here that is all . If the Yankees are gonna add 17 mill or most of that to their payroll they should just resign Tanaka . He is making about 17 mill right now. And as for the back end of the rotation , I would much rather give Schmidt and king a shot long before I would trade for eovaldi
    Last edited by Posada20; 08-15-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Eovaldi signed a 4 year deal back in 2018 for some decent money. So Boston likely would be looking to trade his contract for a bag of balls. But the Yankees would likely not look into him.

I would not trade it’s the Red Sox right now because trading with them would just be helping them out and adding overpaid talent to the payroll that they don’t really need right now

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast