Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

RAW 8/3: The Son Rises

Shane is back

A new faction is supposed to debut (The Undisputed Era?)

Asuka revenge
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

It's not TUE, just "The Hurt Business" is officially a recognized faction.

I just realize "The Hurt Business" is the WWE version of TNA/IMPACT'S Beat Down Clan, even with the exact members of MVP, Benjamin and Lashley. Throw in TMDK was in the group in TNA/IMPACT and they've already interacted with MVP in WWE, I suspect they will be joining soon.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 08-04-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

Apparently the new faction that debut on Raw will be called "RETRIBUTION." It would not surprise if this new faction is simply "The Undisputed Era" under a new name.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm at a point in life where I'm busier than ever and just don't have the time to invest in all the hours of WWE tv in a week. For the last year+, I mostly just watch the PPV's and rarely watch Raw or Smackdown, even after recording them. There are so many PPV's now that just watching those alone I still feel pretty caught up on the weekly shows. So, IDK if that answers your question or not, but that's where I've been at with it.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinanorman99 View Post
    Idk Why, but now i start feeling bore from wrestling. What do you think guys?
    I am not going to say I am bored with wrestling; I think a lot of the issues today stem from the fact that live fans are not in the buildings like they used to be. I believe fan reaction makes matches, returns, etc, much more exciting than they currently are. Drew McIntyre beat Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship, and it might have been the most non-exciting thing I have ever seen.

NXT and AEW are not as exciting as before without live fans.

I also believe WWE is not doing as much because all of their superstars are not involved due to Covid-19.
    Eichel Tower

There are some really good elements to Raw. The problem is 3 hours is still too much to sit through every week. Its difficult to sift through the garbage to get to the good stuff as well.

I love Drew as champion though. I hope they keep the title on him.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There are some really good elements to Raw. The problem is 3 hours is still too much to sit through every week. Its difficult to sift through the garbage to get to the good stuff as well.

I love Drew as champion though. I hope they keep the title on him.
    I can agree with that. I enjoy the stuff with Drew as champion; I enjoy the back and forth between Asuka and Sasha Banks/Bayley. But there just isn't enough good content to get 3 hours of television.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I can agree with that. I enjoy the stuff with Drew as champion; I enjoy the back and forth between Asuka and Sasha Banks/Bayley. But there just isn't enough good content to get 3 hours of television.
    Yeah Rollins is doing his best work as a heel imo as well. I wish his stable was more than just him and Murphy but I know one of the AOP guys are hurt. I like the Hurt Business as well but i think they should be booked stronger honestly. I think Montez Ford and Garza are going to be big stars too.

I like Raw more than I do Smackdown at the moment. I just wish it wasn't couched in between so much **** on Raw and for 3 hours.

Some of these decisions Raw makes is so stupid. For instance Hurt Business eliminated Ali and Richochet way too easily and quickly (atp are either anything more than enchancement talents for THB?) leaving Crews facing a three on 1 handicap match. WWE tries to present this as Crews being a fighting champion, someone who is not afraid, but I saw it as Crews being a dumbass before a PPV event. Would anybody here actually walk into a 3 on 1 match, willingly? The smart decision Crews (considering his championship match at Summerslam) would have been to simply drop from the mat, grabbed his belt and take the countout loss. No rationale person would be willingly to walk into a 3 on 1 fight.

Or what about HBK walking into the arena when a "Viper" was loose? Considering the damage he has done to other legends like Ric, BS, E/C, etc, him walking into the arena was stupid.

These are contrive reasons to keep the story going and they insult the viewers and make the characters look stupid. NXT tells logical stories, Raw and sometimes Smackdown tells stupid stories. The above mention scenarios are part of the problem and why I don't watch Raw/Smackdown from start to finish.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Some of these decisions Raw makes is so stupid. For instance Hurt Business eliminated Ali and Richochet way too easily and quickly (atp are either anything more than enchancement talents for THB?) leaving Crews facing a three on 1 handicap match. WWE tries to present this as Crews being a fighting champion, someone who is not afraid, but I saw it as Crews being a dumbass before a PPV event. Would anybody here actually walk into a 3 on 1 match, willingly? The smart decision Crews (considering his championship match at Summerslam) would have been to simply drop from the mat, grabbed his belt and take the countout loss. No rationale person would be willingly to walk into a 3 on 1 fight.

Or what about HBK walking into the arena when a "Viper" was loose? Considering the damage he has done to other legends like Ric, BS, E/C, etc, him walking into the arena was stupid.

These are contrive reasons to keep the story going and they insult the viewers and make the characters look stupid. NXT tells logical stories, Raw and sometimes Smackdown tells stupid stories. The above mention scenarios are part of the problem and why I don't watch Raw/Smackdown from start to finish.
    The thing I thought was weird with the HBK thing was when Orton punted him, he liked jump right back up, I mean he looked dazed and all of that but, he like hit the mat then sprang up to his knees and managed to make it to his feet and went into the corner. All those other guys from what I have seen played out the punt as if they were knocked out. that was weird.

I know not to trust any of these things but, I did watch a video that talked about "rumors" and supposedly they are trying to bring CM Punk back to be the leader of Retribution. if it happens, it could be cool but, I highly doubt it happens.

Finally getting a heel Roman Reigns as he has now aligned with Paul Heyman.
    Screw sabermetics.

Yeah, potentially the most epic thing that happened in WWE in years and no live crowd. Mannnnn imagine the reaction of a live crowd when that cam moved to the right.

They should have put Reigns with Heyman years ago and made him the badass heel he is supposed to be. WWE has their chance now to do it the right way. Better late than never.