Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Rock and his group buying the XFL

https://sports.yahoo.com/dwayne-rock...160415773.html

well, maybe it ain't quite dead yet

...don't mind the guy, if he'd just drop that WWE tag line.......yes, I can smell your cooking already
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

3rd time is the charm?

Wish I could waist 15M.

Just posted this on the Wrestling forum as well.

Vince to Gronk

I feel like if they would get support from the NFL they could actually turn this into quite the developmental league. Create a farm system and you'd be able to attract so many great players away from the NCAA with the ability to actually pay these players.

why....

like WHY.... the one sport that cant ****ing be touched in the USA and everyone seems to think welp its a good buy.... take a run at baseball/hockey or basketball for **** sakes.... dont try to make a league in the US IN FOOTBALL.... it wont/cant work... stop... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk4prez View Post
    wish i could waist 15m.
    lol

When I read the Rock and his group I pictured D'Lo Brown, Kama and Mark Henry all there with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by r. Johnson#3 View Post
    when i read the rock and his group i pictured d'lo brown, kama and mark henry all there with him.
    nod

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    why....

like WHY.... the one sport that cant ****ing be touched in the USA and everyone seems to think welp its a good buy.... take a run at baseball/hockey or basketball for **** sakes.... dont try to make a league in the US IN FOOTBALL.... it wont/cant work... stop... STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
    I wholeheartedly disagree. The AAF was on a perfect track to be exactly what is needed- a feeder league for the NFL where players can showcase their talents in the NFL's offseason in order to earn a tryout, and use the league to work on things needed to make the jump. Otherwise, every year there are players who are just good enough to not quite make teams' rosters or taxi squads but have the talent if given the chance. With an affiliation to the NFL they could the testing ground for new rules and equipment as well. In their short history, I think the product on the field was generating enough interest to make it financially, they just didn't have the backing to get there.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I wholeheartedly disagree. The AAF was on a perfect track to be exactly what is needed- a feeder league for the NFL where players can showcase their talents in the NFL's offseason in order to earn a tryout, and use the league to work on things needed to make the jump. Otherwise, every year there are players who are just good enough to not quite make teams' rosters or taxi squads but have the talent if given the chance. With an affiliation to the NFL they could the testing ground for new rules and equipment as well. In their short history, I think the product on the field was generating enough interest to make it financially, they just didn't have the backing to get there.
    The XFL was doing much better than the AAF, and they had plans for next year to up the talent in the league, but the pandemic happened and Vince decided to cash out instead. It sucks but it is what it is. It was certainly booming in St Louis, who just lost the Rams not too long ago, and Washington DC, where our NFL team has sucked for decades.

he Rock should rebrand it into XBall and turn it into a Rollerball style kill or be killed sport

We just need to implement a European football model where the best team in the XFL gets to move up to the NFL and the worst team has to move down. Obviously no NFL team would ever agree, but it'd be exciting and elevate the XFL a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    We just need to implement a European football model where the best team in the XFL gets to move up to the NFL and the worst team has to move down. Obviously no NFL team would ever agree, but it'd be exciting and elevate the XFL a ton.
    European football just has it down. It would be genius to do that

The reason it also works - and its a better system- is there isnt a draft system in European football.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.