Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 69
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    34,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    GIo is surprising me. I didn't think he'd be bad at the plate but he is hitting really well.

    His test will be against good pitching (as much of the lineup). His glove was never going to be an issue. If he can keep hitting like this?

    I wouldn't bat him ahead of Sanchez. Gio at 7 makes the bottom of the lineup very dangerous.
    I get your last point, but hes hitting so well you have to move him up IMO. Hes OPSing over 1000. Cant be wasting him behind a black hole like Sanchez right now.

    If he were just hitting well then Id be onboard with your point, but hes tearing the cover off the ball.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Quit playing a fool. That's fake news and you know it. I'm very good when it comes to weather. By the way NICKY, is it raining today? Is there a Yankee game today? First answer is YES. Second answer is NO. Thanks for playing.

    FAKE NEWS MY ***!


    And at the game time it is cloudless and sunny!

    Hell at 4:30 pm when I was driving back from Key West the weather in NY and Philly was SUNNY!


    Plus with no fans they could have EASILY played this game!

    So you are wrong yet again!

    You tend to forget that storms that move up the east coast start racing after passing North Carolina!


    At 7:24 New York and Philly reporting SUNNY skies!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-04-2020 at 07:35 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I get your last point, but hes hitting so well you have to move him up IMO. Hes OPSing over 1000. Cant be wasting him behind a black hole like Sanchez right now.

    If he were just hitting well then Id be onboard with your point, but hes tearing the cover off the ball.
    Sanchez is a mess!

    Dude will never be a Manny Ramirez like people said he would. He may swing and then pose like Manny but he can never be consistent.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,639
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I get your last point, but hes hitting so well you have to move him up IMO. Hes OPSing over 1000. Cant be wasting him behind a black hole like Sanchez right now.

    If he were just hitting well then Id be onboard with your point, but hes tearing the cover off the ball.
    Gio is proving last year was not a fluke and that he is a stud. I agree he should hit higher. He should hit in the 5 or 6 spot IMO. Sanchez should be at 8 or 9. I'd be cool with Gio at 6 with Hicks in between Gio and Stanton to put a lefty in the middle of those two.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,437
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Gio is proving last year was not a fluke and that he is a stud. I agree he should hit higher. He should hit in the 5 or 6 spot IMO. Sanchez should be at 8 or 9. I'd be cool with Gio at 6 with Hicks in between Gio and Stanton to put a lefty in the middle of those two.
    There is another option.
    Put Gary on the bench. lol
    GIo moves up to 6. Higgy bats 8 and Gardner 9



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    There is another option.
    Put Gary on the bench. lol
    GIo moves up to 6. Higgy bats 8 and Gardner 9
    Maybe his cold spell of 2020 happens to be in his first 10-15 games?

    All players go through a deep cold spell of about 10-15 straight games.

    We gotta ride this thing out a little longer before we start throwing dirt on the poor guy.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,437
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Maybe his cold spell of 2020 happens to be in his first 10-15 games?

    All players go through a deep cold spell of about 10-15 straight games.

    We gotta ride this thing out a little longer before we start throwing dirt on the poor guy.
    I agree. it was more of a joke.

    He needs 100 ABs before any major change happens



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree. it was more of a joke.

    He needs 100 ABs before any major change happens
    Ok, figured. You just have the more serious Nick now. All of my BS will be put aside.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    We are facing Wheeler and Nola, a good tough test for the troops today.


    When is Bonehead Boone announcing our 2 starters?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,639
    I don't see how a team with world series aspirations can continue to trot out Happ every 5 days. He isn't even competitive. He has nothing. He is guaranteed to give up a lot of runs.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,730
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't see how a team with world series aspirations can continue to trot out Happ every 5 days. He isn't even competitive. He has nothing. He is guaranteed to give up a lot of runs.
    even with the addition of cole yanks starters are the achillies heel of this team..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,639
    People really thought Nick Nelson was the answer because he threw 3 good innings his first game? Good reminder of small sample sizes.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    Seen enough of Crapp and The kid Nelson.

    Send these 2 stiffs packing!
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

    1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    19,088
    No use watching Game 1 now.....

    What a debacle!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    even with the addition of cole yanks starters are the achillies heel of this team..
    Just Paxton and Happ, the other 3 are going to be fine. Sure would be nice if we had one or even both of Sevy and German

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •