Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Philadelphia Phillies @ NY Yankees Aug 3-6

The Yankees are red hot. The Phillies haven’t played in eight days. Gerrit Cole is undefeated. The Yankees have won five in a row. The teams are scheduled to play four straight games with two games apiece in New York and Philadelphia. They were originally slated to get together last week but the games were postponed after the Miami Marlins saw numerous players test positive for coronavirus. Miami opened its season in Philadelphia so MLB kept the Phillies sidelined for the last week.

While the Phillies have been idle since their 11-6 loss to the Marlins on July 26, the Yankees are on a six-game winning streak. After sweeping two games in a makeshift series in Baltimore, the Yankees completed a three-game sweep of Boston, thanks to Judge.

Mon, Aug 3 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: NBCSP, YES
    Makeup of 7/29 PPD

Jake Arrieta
    RHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Arrieta missed the second half of last season and pitched the first half with bone spurs in his elbow. He said he is feeling fine and ready to have a strong season in the final year of his contract.

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 3.09 ERA, 12 SO
    Cole will aim to notch his third victory of the year, coming off a 6 2/3-inning effort against the Orioles on Wednesday. Cole has struck out 12 against three walks in 11 2/3 innings. He's 4-3 with a 3.38 ERA in seven career starts vs. the Phils.

Tue, Aug 4 • 6:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    Makeup of 7/30 PPD

TBD

J.A. Happ
    LHP
    0-0, 9.00 ERA, 2 SO
    Happ allowed four earned runs on four hits and two walks while striking out two across four innings Thursday against the Orioles. He did not factor into the decision.

Wed, Aug 5 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Citizens Bank Park
    Makeup of 7/27 PPD

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-0, 1.59 ERA, 4 SO
    Montgomery (1-0) allowed one run on five hits and one walk while striking out four over 5.2 innings as he earned the win Friday against the Red Sox.

TBD

Thu, Aug 6 • 6:05 PM EDT
    At Citizens Bank Park
    TV: NBCSP, YES, FS1
    Makeup of 7/28 PPD

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    0-0, 3.38 ERA, 3 SO
    Tanaka allowed two runs (one earned) on four hits and one walk over 2.2 innings during Saturday's 5-2 win over Boston. He struck out three and did not factor into the decision.

TBD
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The Yankees are red hot. The Phillies haven’t played in eight days. Gerrit Cole is undefeated. The Yankees have won five in a row. The teams are scheduled to play four straight games with two games apiece in New York and Philadelphia. They were originally slated to get together last week but the games were postponed after the Miami Marlins saw numerous players test positive for coronavirus. Miami opened its season in Philadelphia so MLB kept the Phillies sidelined for the last week.

While the Phillies have been idle since their 11-6 loss to the Marlins on July 26, the Yankees are on a six-game winning streak. After sweeping two games in a makeshift series in Baltimore, the Yankees completed a three-game sweep of Boston, thanks to Judge.

At Yankee Stadium
    Makeup of 7/29 PPD

Jake Arrieta
    RHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Arrieta missed the second half of last season and pitched the first half with bone spurs in his elbow. He said he is feeling fine and ready to have a strong season in the final year of his contract.

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 3.09 ERA, 12 SO
    Cole will aim to notch his third victory of the year, coming off a 6 2/3-inning effort against the Orioles on Wednesday. Cole has struck out 12 against three walks in 11 2/3 innings. He's 4-3 with a 3.38 ERA in seven career starts vs. the Phils.

At Yankee Stadium
    Makeup of 7/30 PPD

TBD

J.A. Happ
    LHP
    0-0, 9.00 ERA, 2 SO
    Happ allowed four earned runs on four hits and two walks while striking out two across four innings Thursday against the Orioles. He did not factor into the decision.

At Citizens Bank Park
    Makeup of 7/27 PPD

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-0, 1.59 ERA, 4 SO
    Montgomery (1-0) allowed one run on five hits and one walk while striking out four over 5.2 innings as he earned the win Friday against the Red Sox.

TBD

At Citizens Bank Park
    Makeup of 7/28 PPD

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    0-0, 3.38 ERA, 3 SO
    Tanaka allowed two runs (one earned) on four hits and one walk over 2.2 innings during Saturday's 5-2 win over Boston. He struck out three and did not factor into the decision.

TBD

Their 1st basemen needs to be 6ft away at all times.
    My Top 3 Rush Guitar solos

1. La Villa Strangiato
    2. Limelight
    3. Between the Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

At Yankee Stadium
    Makeup of 7/29 PPD

Jake Arrieta
    RHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    2-0, 3.09 ERA, 12 SO

At Yankee Stadium
    Makeup of 7/30 PPD

TBD

J.A. Happ
    LHP
    0-0, 9.00 ERA, 2 SO

At Citizens Bank Park
    Makeup of 7/27 PPD

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    1-0, 1.59 ERA, 4 SO

TBD

At Citizens Bank Park
    Makeup of 7/28 PPD

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    0-0, 3.38 ERA, 3 SO

TBD

They should have made today a doubleheader. It's going to rain a ton tomorrow.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    They should have made today a doubleheader. It's going to rain a ton tomorrow.
    Everytime you predict rain it is a cloudless sky.

5. 08-03-2020, 06:55 PM

i see a lot of frustration with cole on the mound... he talks to himself... so far cole is averaging less than a strikeout per inning..as a yankee starter..although outside of the k's his overall stats are not bad so early on...

I was afraid all the preseason predictions were gonna be a jinx and they'd get off to a bad start but this team is playing amazing.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Gio is proving last year was for real. He's been our 2nd best player so far.

They also need to move him up in the order,no way Sanchez should be in front of him

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

They also need to move him up in the order,no way Sanchez should be in front of him
    i'm ready to move on from gary he is not worth keeping if this is the player he will be.. low average a million strikeouts all or nothing hitter..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I was afraid all the preseason predictions were gonna be a jinx and they'd get off to a bad start but this team is playing amazing.
    Damn. FIngerbang. You are always a peasant surprise.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

GIo is surprising me. I didn't think he'd be bad at the plate but he is hitting really well.

His test will be against good pitching (as much of the lineup). His glove was never going to be an issue. If he can keep hitting like this?

I wouldn't bat him ahead of Sanchez. Gio at 7 makes the bottom of the lineup very dangerous.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-04-2020 at 11:44 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Everytime you predict rain it is a cloudless sky.

Quit playing a fool. That's fake news and you know it. I'm very good when it comes to weather. By the way NICKY, is it raining today? Is there a Yankee game today? First answer is YES. Second answer is NO. Thanks for playing.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    GIo is surprising me. I didn't think he'd be bad at the plate but he is hiding really well.

His test will be against good pitching (as much of the lineup). His glove was never going to be an issue. If he can keep hitting like this?

I wouldn't bat him ahead of Sanchez. Gio at 7 makes the bottom of the lineup very dangerous.

What's he hiding from?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Judge finally in a slump. Only 2 hits and no home runs. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    What's he hiding from?
    Lol

Supposed to be "hitting"

Good catch.

If posada is reading hopefully he sees that we all get crap from each other when we do that.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-04-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

GIo is surprising me. I didn't think he'd be bad at the plate but he is hitting really well.

that is an excellent point and your right leaving him at 7 gives us a really lethal hitter towards the bottom of the order, no breather for a pitcher

Lol

Supposed to be "hitting"

Good catch.

If posada is reading hopefully he sees that we all get crap from each other when we do that.
    I think I was the one who made the error that he was talking about. U guys roasted by, RC even sent me a discount coupon for an online typing school. We all tease each other, Posada just thinks everything has to be taken as a personnel attack.. I'm sure he'll tell us all in great length why it was 3 other peoples fault and he just got the raw end of the stick, when he gets back sometime next week.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast