Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

James Paxton on diminished velocity: “I’m concerned”

James Paxton on diminished velocity: “I’m concerned”
    The Yankees’ left-hander talks about his second poor outing in a row.

By Tyler Norton Aug 3, 2020, 2:00pm EDT

“I’m concerned,” he told reporters after the game via a Zoom call, “I’m trying to do everything I can to figure out what’s going on. I don’t know if it’s just going to take some time to build it back up, but I’ll get back to looking at the video tomorrow, try to make some more tweaks and just figure out what I can do.”

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...city-mechanics
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

He should be concerned, his avg FB velo was down again over his first start.

He's costing himself a ton of money in FA. I don’t know who I'm more scared to watch pitch, either he or Happ

Its time to call Schmidt up, he can't be worse than either of those 2.

I also think Cash is going to have to go shopping for a starter, soon.

Gio looks like an AS and Talkman has been very good, especially on the basepaths. Andujar either needs to be in the lineup more consistently or they should package him for a TORP. His bat, even though it hasn't shown up yet, is to valuable to be spending that much time on the bench. His greatest value to us might be as a trade chip in a package to get an elite #2

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hopefully it’s a lack of training time and part of the recovery
    If not, won’t be signing him next year

I understood when we got him. It was a good risk reward. I didn’t love it but it was a good move
    Hopefully young guys show they can handle it and we say goodbye to him

Ignorance is bliss

No matter what we need a strong number 2. It would have been really great is Gray could have made it here

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

He's costing himself a ton of money in FA. I don’t know who I'm more scared to watch pitch, either he or Happ

Gio looks like an AS and Talkman has been very good, especially on the basepaths. Andujar either needs to be in the lineup more consistently or they should package him for a TORP. His bat, even though it hasn't shown up yet, is to valuable to be spending that much time on the bench. His greatest value to us might be as a trade chip in a package to get an elite #2
    I think people overrate Andujar's value. If he goes for a TORP, then what is he? The third piece in the deal? At that point I think he is more valuable to hold onto and hope the bat comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think people overrate Andujar's value. If he goes for a TORP, then what is he? The third piece in the deal? At that point I think he is more valuable to hold onto and hope the bat comes around.
    I think u are way under estimating his value, especially now that we have a universal DH. Andujar is a proven middle of the order bat, he can play multiple positions and he has 4 plus yrs of control left. Offensively he was arguably our best all around hitter his rookie yr. Most of the time when teams are trading for a top spec they hope and pray his bat turns out to be as good as Andujar has already proven his is , Andujar is MLB ready to step in from day one making just barely more than league minimum.

I would say Dominguez and maybe Schmidt have more trade value than Andujar.

I think u are way under estimating his value, especially now that we have a universal DH. Andujar is a proven middle of the order bat, he can play multiple positions and he has 4 plus yrs of control left. Offensively he was arguably our best all around hitter his rookie yr. Most of the time when teams are trading for a top spec they hope and pray his bat turns out to be as good as Andujar has already proven his is , Andujar is MLB ready to step in from day one making just barely more than league minimum.

I will respectfully disagree about Andujar.
    He had one very good/great, season. He's not playing enough now to show it wasn't a fluke.
    He needs to get way more ABs to be considered a main piece of a deal. I don't see him as low as the third piece but I don't see him as the main part.
    It's how I think of Frazier.

Would you trade a TORP arm for a package that starts with Andujar and Frazier?
    I wouldn't. Not unless you are throwing in a bunch of upper midlevel (5-15 ranking)

It sucks. Andujar should be playing more

I also don't think we need to hit the panic button regarding pitching. We are 6-1. I think it will work itself out.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I will respectfully disagree about Andujar.
    He had one very good/great, season. He's not playing enough now to show it wasn't a fluke.
    He needs to get way more ABs to be considered a main piece of a deal. I don't see him as low as the third piece but I don't see him as the main part.
    It's how I think of Frazier.

Would you trade a TORP arm for a package that starts with Andujar and Frazier?
    I wouldn't. Not unless you are throwing in a bunch of upper midlevel (5-15 ranking)

It sucks. Andujar should be playing more

I also don't think we need to hit the panic button regarding pitching. We are 6-1. I think it will work itself out.
    Where would u rank Andujar if he was a spec at AAA ? IMO he would be the 2nd most valuable piece we have

As far as trading a TORP for Andujar and Frazier. If I'm a rebuilding team that lack high ceiling MLB ready bats I would make that deal. Just my opinion

As far as being to early to be concerned I'm not so sure. The trade deadline is only eweeks away. Especially with the extra round of playoffs its going to take at minimum 4 good starters to win in the playoffs Imo. I just don't think that rotation is capable of winning in the playoffs if our offense isn't firing on all signals

Where would u rank Andujar if he was a spec at AAA ? IMO he would be the 2nd most valuable piece we have

As far as trading a TORP for Andujar and Frazier. If I'm a rebuilding team that lack high ceiling MLB ready bats I would make that deal. Just my opinion

As far as being to early to be concerned I'm not so sure. The trade deadline is only eweeks away. Especially with the extra round of playoffs its going to take at minimum 4 good starters to win in the playoffs Imo. I just don't think that rotation is capable of winning in the playoffs if our offense isn't firing on all signals
    I wouldn't put him that high. I think he and Frazier are very close with Andjuar having the edge.
    Dominguez
    Garcia, Schmidt, Gil
    Then I put andujar/frazier in the 5- 8 range.

Again Day, he has a fantastic bat. I just don't think he's been able to prove consistency and that is why he wouldn't be higher.

Ignorance is bliss

IMO one season is not considered proven. If he was a proven middle of the order hitter then he would be playing everyday for the Yankees right now. We also have not seen him hit like that in two years. He has no defensive position at the moment which is what really hurts his value. I do think he can have that type of bat which is why I think the Yanks should hold onto him and rebuild that value.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    IMO one season is not considered proven. If he was a proven middle of the order hitter then he would be playing everyday for the Yankees right now. We also have not seen him hit like that in two years. He has no defensive position at the moment which is what really hurts his value. I do think he can have that type of bat which is why I think the Yanks should hold onto him and rebuild that value.
    The problem is he has no position. On the yankees he's going to get 100 abs a year. If not for Gardner and Hicks he could share LF, DH with clint frazier and Stanton. They need to get rid of both him and frazier, if they are going to keep Gardner and Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The problem is he has no position. On the yankees he's going to get 100 abs a year. If not for Gardner and Hicks he could share LF, DH with clint frazier and Stanton. They need to get rid of both him and frazier, if they are going to keep Gardner and Hicks.
    Gardner is done after this year. Hicks will get injured.
    The other guy is Tauchman. I would rather him and Andujar or Frazier play, than hicks and Gardner

Ignorance is bliss

Andujar has proven two very important things: 1) He can hit ML pitching with ease and consistency 2) He can't play ML defense! At 49 yrs old Gardy will still be a better OFer than Andujar.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Should have kept Larry Rothschild. This new Pitching coach is ruining Jimmy.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Hopefully it’s a lack of training time and part of the recovery
    If not, won’t be signing him next year

I understood when we got him. It was a good risk reward. I didn’t love it but it was a good move
    Hopefully young guys show they can handle it and we say goodbye to him
    If this was a full 162 this talk would not be happening. Give the guy a break for at least 5 starts.

The 60 game season has some on here in panic mode already.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast