Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Storm report Everyone OK?

This month marks the one year anniversary of our move out of the city and down to the jersey shore. We are on a barrier Island below AC and above Cape May, so pretty far south. We lost power yesterday afternoon it was finally restored around 6am. Minimal beach damage, some erosion. Few trees and limbs down nothing serious at all. It was scary when the winds were gusting off the water!

How is everyone? Hopefully all is well. How were things in Fla Nick? My daughter is in NC, the coast got smacked but she is in the mtns of Asheville she claims it wasn't bad at all.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Very thoughtful of you. Yesterday, I was overjoyed. I have a neighbor who has a tree between our homes, who he refuses to prune even when I asked him as branches are beginning to grow over my roof. Well the storm knocked that tree down onto his yard. No more tree, i wont have to worry about it or sweep up leaves anymore. I doubt he will plant an other one

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Thanks Doc, we are good up north. Tons of down trees and some heavy rain but aside from that, nothing to report.

Ignorance is bliss

Good to hear. Flim, sometimes fences make the best neighbors. Glad it fell on his side! Karma.

AC took a battering, but nothing like Sandy!

When those winds were howling I had serious doubts about the move. Then the power goes out. I was ready to pack up the truck and head north. But it passed in reasonable time.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Good to hear. Flim, sometimes fences make the best neighbors. Glad it fell on his side! Karma.

AC took a battering, but nothing like Sandy!

When those winds were howling I had serious doubts about the move. Then the power goes out. I was ready to pack up the truck and head north. But it passed in reasonable time.
    Get a generator!!!

You will love outages.

Ignorance is bliss

Dr, that was only a tropical storm. Maybe a low 1 hurricane.

You all act like you had Irma hitting up there.

We had Irma(Cat 5)that slammed southern Florida and then was a 3 when it went past where I live in the Tampa Bay Area.you probably had stronger Nor easters up there than that weak storm.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 08-05-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Get a generator!!!

You will love outages.
    My ole lady still complains why we don’t have a generator.

I usually wait until the models show a direct hit towards our area.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

We had Irma(Cat 5)that slammed southern Florida and then was a 3 when it went past where I live in the Tampa Bay Area.you probably had stronger Nor easters up there than that weak storm.
    No Nick. I know what a Cat5 feels like!

I have NEVER been on the ocean, on a barrier island, with only two escape routes off during a storm. No power, no wi fi, my only communication was phone and that was limited due to cell tower damage. It was a bit intimidating. You are correct it was rather tame, nor'easter I have lived thru on Cape Cod similar in intensity.

I am already getting estimates for a generator!

All is well here. Just hot as hell every day. Everyone happy and healthy.

Why don't you tell the thousands that are still without power it was just a weak storm. And while you're at it, tell the people that had to move out of their homes because a tree came crashing down. Tell them about the weak storm.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    All is well here. Just hot as hell every day. Everyone happy and healthy.

I know everyone missed me yesterday. Lost my wifi connection the entire day. It was a living hell. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I know everyone missed me yesterday. Lost my wifi connection the entire day. It was a living hell. LOL
    Sounds rough

Im sure your old lady, is not surprised her old man doesnt respond appropriately to real world facts. Your too busy watching TV ( sports and Fox news ) to actually do the real things that matter. Hey those increasing hurricanes your getting in Florida are part of a Chinese hoax so you dont have to buy a generator, the Hurricanes will all just disappear one day... nothing you need to do about protecting yourself.....oh boy.

Maybe if you bought her a generator and stop calling her your, ole Lady, you wouldn't sleep on the couch so much

Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 08-08-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Maybe if you bought her a generator and stop calling her your, ole Lady, you wouldn't sleep on the couch so much

The old lady probably doesnt want the Old Man ranting and raving about this and that, and prefers his old man balls else where, any way, since he is always talking about Trump in some way or another, when not dreaming of doing his hair, like the young men. I bet old man is always asking " Dont I look young " ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast