Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178

    Update: Raiders trade PJ Hall to Vikings fails after Hall fails physical

    If they had any sense they would've used him in the position where he was meant to play, and that is defensive end. People didn't realize that his college coach actually ruined him by moving Hall to the inside at DT. All his incredible stats came at the defensive end position along with his awards. Never could understand the stupidity of some coaches.

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-by-las-vegas
    Last edited by HunterNRoss; 08-04-2020 at 04:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    154
    Yet another wasted and failed second round pick. Thought they would have at least have him one more year he must have been in horrible shape. I agree they didn't use him right though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    These guys should show up being in reasonable shape....it's their job. He probably was given a warning.
    Maybe this will be his wake up call. Maybe not.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    These guys should show up being in reasonable shape....it's their job. He probably was given a warning.
    Maybe this will be his wake up call. Maybe not.
    Yes there was some mention about him being overweight when he showed up for camp last year. Although he might have been a reach at rd 2 he was still one of the best DEs in college football. I don't know how they could expect Nassib and Key to be the backup DEs. Key is undersized for a lineman and should've been drafted by a 3-4 team. Nassib proved during his time with the Bucs that he was better as a rush linebacker in the 3-4. They keep making the same mistake in bringing in players who don't fit the scheme.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Yes there was some mention about him being overweight when he showed up for camp last year. Although he might have been a reach at rd 2 he was still one of the best DEs in college football. I don't know how they could expect Nassib and Key to be the backup DEs. Key is undersized for a lineman and should've been drafted by a 3-4 team. Nassib proved during his time with the Bucs that he was better as a rush linebacker in the 3-4. They keep making the same mistake in bringing in players who don't fit the scheme.
    Maybe Clowney?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Maybe Clowney?
    Clowney wants an arm and a leg for his services. They need to play Ferrell at his best position which is defensive end and stop moving him around.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Clowney wants an arm and a leg for his services. They need to play Ferrell at his best position which is defensive end and stop moving him around.
    I think reality will hit him. I would welcome him. Obviously, they're interested, but it's like people in a new car showroom. Until the paper is signed, it's not official.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    17,416

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    58,196
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I was just coming to post this, lol Mayock strikes again!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    They don't have the cap space and I don't think he's worth the money. Ferrell is the answer as the run stopping DE and he'll provide some pass rush too if they just quit trying to turn him in to a DT.
    Iím sorry, but Ferrell is a bust at de. You donít draft a runstuffing de in the top 5 picks. He was known for bullrushing ots in college and working off blocks. Heís not explosive enough to get by ots and he isnít strong enough to bullrush ots in the nfl. Now he can anchor and set the edge very well. But you draft des in the top ten to get to the qb. And he doesnít. Heís gonna have teams block him one on one while Crosby gets doubled on every play. At least with Clowney, you have to gameplan for him and Crosby both.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Iím sorry, but Ferrell is a bust at de. You donít draft a runstuffing de in the top 5 picks. He was known for bullrushing ots in college and working off blocks. Heís not explosive enough to get by ots and he isnít strong enough to bullrush ots in the nfl. Now he can anchor and set the edge very well. But you draft des in the top ten to get to the qb. And he doesnít. Heís gonna have teams block him one on one while Crosby gets doubled on every play. At least with Clowney, you have to gameplan for him and Crosby both.
    A bust Meg...I don't think so. Not a bust. Not reaching projected sacks or meeting some people high expectations last year does not equate to being a bust. He contributed in many ways and will be better this season.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    58,196
    Ferrell is already a bust? Lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,544
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Ferrell is already a bust? Lol
    Megatron knows everything about every college guy. Thatís why he is on PSD and not employed by an NFL team.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    7,178
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Ferrell is already a bust? Lol
    Ditto!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    7th rounder.....better than nothing. Ferrell was only a rook, he'll be fine. I'd love to see Clowney across from Crosby. I can only hope. Just curious what happens if we sign him for a year, and then there's no season?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •