Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yanks Roster moves.

The Yanks’ active roster will shrink to 28 on Thursday. Who gets cut and why?

Some candidates:

Wade

Estrada

Ford

Andujar

Hale

Avilan

Imo, guys with options like Wade/ Estrada are more likely to get cut. Arms will be in high demand given the pace of the season.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

I would say Estrada since we've been seeing Wade play quite a bit and one reliever.

With all the double headers and having to play almost every day they should leave the roster at 28 for the season

Estrada for sure. I'd be very surprised if Wade is sent down. He's too valuable, can play any position and is a perfect late game pinch runner option.

I'd guess Avilan would be sent down over Hale just bc we've used Hale a few times, even for a 2 inning save yesterday.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 08-02-2020 at 05:02 PM.

They have to cut 2, from 30 to 28.

I included Wade because I believe he has options remaining.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Estrada for sure. I'd be very surprised if Wade is sent down. He's too valuable, can past any position and is a perfect late game pinch runner option.

I'd guess Avilan would be sent down over Hale just bc we've used Hale a few times, even for a 2 inning save yesterday.
    i would agree

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Avilon and Estrada

Estrada has looked really good so it sucks to send him down but Ford is a power lefty bat, Andujar is a fantastic hitter and can play multiple positions, Wade plays everywhere and can run.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The Yanks’ active roster will shrink to 28 on Thursday. Who gets cut and why?

Some candidates:

Wade

Estrada

Ford

Andujar

Hale

Avilan

Imo, guys with options like Wade/ Estrada are more likely to get cut. Arms will be in high demand given the pace of the season.

Estrada and Avilan.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

The Yankees announced Thursday that they’ve selected the contract of right-hander Nick Tropeano from their alternate training site. He’ll go onto the 40-man roster and into the big league bullpen. Right-hander Tommy Kahnle, who had Tommy John surgery earlier this week, was moved to the 45-day IL to clear a 40-man spot for Tropeano.

It’s a homecoming of sorts for Tropeano, a Long Island native who grew up a Yankee fan. The 29-year-old (30 later this month) has pitched in parts of five big league seasons, working to a combined 4.51 ERA with 8.0 K/9, 3.6 BB/9 and 1.57 HR/9. Tropeano was at one point a fairly well-regarded prospect in the Astros and Angels organizations, but his career has been derailed by persistent arm injuries. The righty had Tommy John surgery with the Angels back in 2016 and has since battled shoulder and elbow troubles that have limited him to a combined 182 innings (between the minors and big leagues) across the 2017-19 seasons. MLBTR

The New York Yankees will make a decision about Aroldis Chapman’s timeline to return to action after a throwing session on Tuesday, per ESPN’s Marly Rivera. Chapman has yet to make an appearance this season. He tested positive for COVID-19 back on July 11th after showing mild symptoms. Chapman has been working his way back to full strength and hopes to return to the back end of the Yanks bullpen shortly. Last season, Chapman put together another top-notch campaign with 37 saves in 60 games and a 2.21 ERA/2.28 FIP while striking out 13.4 batters per nine innings. MLBTR

The Yankees have announced five roster moves. Catcher Erik Kratz joins the active roster after signing a Major League contract with the team, and Kratz will take the place of catcher Kyle Higashioka, who is headed to the 10-day injured list (retroactive to August 6) due to a right oblique strain. The Yankees also brought up infielder Thairo Estrada from their alternate training camp and named righty Albert Abreu as their extra 29th man for the double-header. Right-hander Nick Tropeano has also been designated for assignment to create roster space for Estrada. MLBTR

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Why are Frazier and Andujar being held down? Unless it's a financial/business maneuver, it makes zero sense

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Why are Frazier and Andujar being held down? Unless it's a financial/business maneuver, it makes zero sense
    Good question. My only thought, aside from it being financial, they need to keep the arms fresh. More need for pitching than hitting (with marginal D)?

I am surprised we haven't heard more trade rumors involving those two.

Andujar needs like 2 weeks in the minors to gain another year of control.

Frazier belongs on another team.

Andy Martino@martinonyc
    28m
    Indications are Yankees will call up Clint Frazier today. Not official at this point.

SNY guy usually reliable source.

Confirmed.

Joel Sherman@Joelsherman1
    https://nypost.com/2020/08/10/yankee...g-opportunity/ #Yankees plan is to call up Clint Frazier before tomorrow’s game against the #Braves

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast