Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I bet you spend a lot of time in black communities and network those trying to improve black communities. You would know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, I'm engaged to a Black woman who volunteers with me at the Arlington Life Mission, my firm does Pro Bono cases for minorities, and I've protested next to many BLM people (though I do not consider myself a part of the BLM movement).

I'm not a saint, nor am I trying to depict myself to be one. It's just funny you would say that sarcastically when in reality, I do. It's why I'm as passionate about this as I am.

Want to know an interesting fact? I actually know more Black people who think like me about the BLM movement than I do who think it's truly a champion for ALL Black Lives. You must agree with Joe Biden, if Black people don't agree with you on BLM then they aren't Black...
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Iím just tying to be on the right side here. Redrum obviously believes trump and Nike are evil to humanity. Yet Oefarmy believes itís hypocritical to attack Nike for being like Trump and ďeveryone elseĒ.

So which is it? Is Nike and Trump evil or are we hypocrites?
    Why can't it be both: Trump and Nike are evil, and the Republicans and Democrats are hypocrites? Would you answer the question I asked earlier to zook though? Is the NBA and all the players a bunch of hypocrites for wanting us to recognize one group of people for being exploited (Blacks) when they support another entity exploiting a different group of people (Chinese)? You can't really deflect and say "what about Trump", that "whatabout'ism" doesn't work for independent free thinking people as they don't blindly cheer for either political "team".

I never voted for Trump nor do I think I'll be voting for him this year, even though I do believe he's the lesser evil between he and Biden.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 08-07-2020 at 12:38 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

Iím just tying to be on the right side here. Redrum obviously believes trump and Nike are evil to humanity. Yet Oefarmy believes itís hypocritical to attack Nike for being like Trump and ďeveryone elseĒ.

So which is it? Is Nike and Trump evil or are we hypocrites?
    This is pure capitalism, that's how it is supposed to work. We all live in the most capitalist country in the world, so let's not act like we are not enjoying our immense buying power. The US rapes other countries by dictating who can do what financially, militarily, culturally, etc and any country that dares go against the grain are deemed an enemy and is sanctioned or straight out attacked if it's a small and weak foe. This is the reality. We may not always agree with our government, but that's what gives us a much higher standard of living than all but a few other countries in the world.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 08-07-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typo

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Why can't it be both: Trump and Nike are evil, and the Republicans and Democrats are hypocrites? Would you answer the question I asked earlier to zook though? Is the NBA and all the players a bunch of hypocrites for wanting us to recognize one group of people for being exploited (Blacks) when they support another entity exploiting a different group of people (Chinese)? You can't really deflect and say "what about Trump", that "whatabout'ism" doesn't work for independent free thinking people as they don't blindly cheer for either political "team".

I never voted for Trump nor do I think I'll be voting for him this year, even though I do believe he's the lesser evil between he and Biden.
    I would say there is a huge gap between saying that the black minority is underprivileged and saying they are exploited. Please, show me said "exploitation?"

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I'm in no way judging/questioning...........just commenting...how freaking sad is it that anyone would feel compelled to think Trump is the lesser evil?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

And just as a comment on SJWs these days...........how freaking sad is it that an Oakland A's bench coach had to apologize profusely because he went to do a virtual high five/air high five after they won and got bashed for 'appearing to display a Nazi sign' because he didn't bend his elbow when he reached his arm out.......
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Gotcha. I need some help becoming a free thinking person. So help me understand something. When you say Trump is less evil do you mean like tier base? Is Trumpís level of evilness on the same tier as say a rapist? Is mass exploitation of human lives on a grand scale equal to or greater then rapist? I want to know what level of evil do I place Trump in. Help me give the right answer to our kids.

As for your question you want answered. I say yes. Basically itís like saying ďall lives matterĒ while wearing evil 2020 branding. You canít wear red shirts and red hats with rapist level branding on it and say you care for all lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    This is pure capitalism, that's how it is supposed to work. We all live in the most capitalist country in the world, so let's not act like we are not enjoying our immense buying power. The US rapes other countries by dictating who can do what financially, militarily, culturally, etc and any country that dares go against the grain are deemed an enemy and is sanctioned or straight out attacked if it's a small and weak foe. This is the reality. We may not always agree with our government, but that's what gives us a much higher standard of living than all but a few other countries in the world.
    Ok I see. So Nike is off the hook then. Nike is basically making America great again. By being just that. American.

So the NBA having Nike branding all over makes them patriotic and helping make American great again. Anything else would be un American and the NBA donít want that. Hard to argue your point so Nike gets a pass and is now labeled ďAmericanĒ. The swoosh can stay.

Gotcha. I need some help becoming a free thinking person. So help me understand something. When you say Trump is less evil do you mean like tier base? Is Trumpís level of evilness on the same tier as say a rapist? Is mass exploitation of human lives on a grand scale equal to or greater then rapist? I want to know what level of evil do I place Trump in. Help me give the right answer to our kids.

As for your question you want answered. I say yes. Basically itís like saying ďall lives matterĒ while wearing evil 2020 branding. You canít wear red shirts and red hats with rapist level branding on it and say you care for all lives.
    You responded to my post and made the argument about Trump. I don't wish to make this about him, it's bigger than him. Nevertheless, you answered my question, so I'll answer yours even thought it's moot.

I don't see Trump's level of "evil" on a tier basis. I don't even know how to quantify his level. I just think the alternative, Biden, is worse in the sense that he literally has dementia. His brain is deteriorating and I don't see him fit whatsoever to be the president of the US.

I agree with Trump more politically, but I'd rather Bernie Sanders be president even though I disagree with him on many important issues. The reason for that is I don't think Bernie is evil at all. I think he's the only respectable and trustworthy candidate of both parties... it's just a shame he's so far left. In that sense, he would have been the lesser evil for me.

My ideal choice would be Ben Shapiro. I'm pretty homo for him.

And thank you for answering my question. We agree... the NBA is a joke with it's hypocrisy.

San Antonio Spurs

It's amazing how ignorant people are of how terrible the Chinese government treats their own people. I understand that we are all the way across the world, we lack education on anything outside the US, but JC... why would the NBA not allow names which were critical of China and their oppression of their people? Money? I get it... the NBA has a lot at stake with deals with China, but to champion social justice for one people and completely forbid social justice for Chinese people against their government is such a double standard.

Steve Kerr gets away with it by saying how he's ignorant and so he won't speak out about it... How is that any different from White people who don't see ANY racism going on in their life and choose to stay silent on racism in 2020? It's true, most White people don't experience racism, but we should educate ourselves on social injustices and inequalities, no??? We should concern ourselves with people who may not look like us, no???

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I'm sure you do too. I bet you are a white dude, that lives in a $600K home in suburbia somewhere who is really outraged about all of the black injustice(which, statistically speaking there isn't any - speaking from the blue on black point of view) from 25 miles away from the nearest black neighborhood. Look at the protests in Portland, there isn't a single black person within 5 miles of these riots. I know plenty of white people in the Minneapolis area that are outraged by police brutality towards blacks and gay/somali/flavor of the day injustice who live in the most expensive suburbs in the area. Hell, they don't even drive through North Minneapolis and if they do, they make sure to raise the windows and lock the doors. If you are so concerned, sell your mansion in Wyzata and move to the north side and help make the community batter. I can understand black people being outraged(even though due to a false narrative about blue on black violence once again) but the white folks that we constantly see marching, they are just doing it because it's the IN thing to do. I don't see them donating to causes that truly help bring black people(or other people) out of poverty. They all write off every possible cent on their taxes so that the government doesn't guess their money(guess what funds all of the welfare projects). I am fine with people being passionate about an issue, even if they believe the wrong information, but I'm not OK with hypocrites and that's what most with "liberal" values are. They are doing it so that the hypocrite next to them doesn't accuse them of being "not woke enough". To sum this tirade up: 1) This is all political and there isn't any more social injustice towards black now than during the 2 previous presidencies 2) 90%(I don't know the real statistic and we will never know, but this is gut feel) of white people that are outraged by injustices to the black communities are hypocrites and don't give a **** about anyone other then themselves 3) This will all magically disappear after the election cycle because this is all political
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The only reason Nike was ever truly brought up is when Nike told the Washington Football team that zero merchandise was going to be sold at itís stores. Nike used BLM to get itís message across and here came all lives matter ect, to defend the football logo. Many groups instantly became redskins fans in many protests in the streets. Even seen a car that looked like it was purchased on NFL.com. Nike using BLM to help eliminate hate is what triggered these groups of people. They never cared for the Native people. They never cared for all lives. These groups only care to take shots at BLM. Itís basically the only reason all lives matter was ever started. All lives matter biggest message in its movement is, BLM is bad. Not what you would call a positive message. It tryís to attach any black crime with BLM just to let out hate. Act like they really do care about the Washington logo while teaching hate.

BLM represents whatís good about humanity. It has zero messaging about hate and disagrees with Americans dying. BLM wants unity and equality for all Americas. BLM in powers Americaís and saves many from being Killed. So why protest saving lives? Why protest against them? Other than hate of course.

Letís let BLM save America before we ask them to save the world.

In a book we call a dictionary. The definition of the logo is a racial slur or Redskins = racial slur. If we go by the dictionary.

Ok I see. So Nike is off the hook then. Nike is basically making America great again. By being just that. American.

So the NBA having Nike branding all over makes them patriotic and helping make American great again. Anything else would be un American and the NBA donít want that. Hard to argue your point so Nike gets a pass and is now labeled ďAmericanĒ. The swoosh can stay.
    I don't think exploitation of other people is "good" in any shape or form. I just don't understand why people have to be selectively outraged about social issues, or why they pin it all on Trump as if these same issues didn't exist under Obama, Bush Jr, Clinton, Bush Sr. Regardless, in the modern world "truth" and "right/wrong" are subjective unfortunately.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

I mean, I'm engaged to a Black woman who volunteers with me at the Arlington Life Mission, my firm does Pro Bono cases for minorities, and I've protested next to many BLM people (though I do not consider myself a part of the BLM movement).

I'm not a saint, nor am I trying to depict myself to be one. It's just funny you would say that sarcastically when in reality, I do. It's why I'm as passionate about this as I am.

Want to know an interesting fact? I actually know more Black people who think like me about the BLM movement than I do who think it's truly a champion for ALL Black Lives. You must agree with Joe Biden, if Black people don't agree with you on BLM then they aren't Black...
    You donít **** anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You donít **** anyone

I don't what?

San Antonio Spurs