Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

The bubbles “worst kept secret”? Where Giannis wants to go next.

I’ve been telling y’all this. Just like Jimmy Miami fits exactly who Giannis is and what he stands for, he will be in Miami by 2021. Him and Bam also have the same agent and Bam is who he works out with in the summer.

Part of me wanted to play them in the playoffs because I knew we were the only team in the East that could beat them and part of me didn’t want to play him because there’s that change of beef starting between guys in the Heat of the moment and I know how intense him and Jimmy can get so I didn’t want to burn that bridge. If the Bucks don’t win it all this year or the next he’s 100% gone.

We can basically have this exact team and add Giannis to it in 2021 and lose none of the young talent while these guys also mature even more over next season. This team is the floor of where will be over the course of Jimmys contract.

Giannis, you can be a top 30 player ever and stay in Milwaukee and never win a championship or you can come to Miami and win a bunch of championships and challenge the top 5-10 all time in a place where players will be lining up to play with you every year. We will take you to the next level just like we did LeBron!!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

There’s also the rumors of an Oladipo/Giannis pairing coming to Miami. If you all remember there were talks from executives saying they believe the bubble will lead to the next great super team with 4 star players. That being said I think I’d say no to Oladipo and have Herro start, I don’t want him to come in and stunt his growth. Herro has an elite scoring package and he just thrives in the biggest moments, he’s never scared.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

8/24/2

I feel so sorry for small market teams. What can they do to keep superstars?

Anyone else so disappointed to read this?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Milwaukee will lose Giannis. San Antonio (and Toronto) lost Kawhi. Cleveland lost LeBron (twice). OKC lost Durant. NO lost Anthony Davis. Portland even lost LMA.

Seriously, small markets have no shot. The last 3 small market teams to win a title (Cleveland, Toronto, San Antonio) all had their star player leave after winning the title.

Just depressing being a small market fan.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Milwaukee will lose Giannis. San Antonio (and Toronto) lost Kawhi. Cleveland lost LeBron (twice). OKC lost Durant. NO lost Anthony Davis. Portland even lost LMA.

Seriously, small markets have no shot. The last 3 small market teams to win a title (Cleveland, Toronto, San Antonio) all had their star player leave after winning the title.

Just depressing being a small market fan.
    Hard to hear "small markets have no shot" when you list 3 teams that have titles in the recent past and San Antonio was the greatest franchise of the last 20 years.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

I feel so sorry for small market teams. What can they do to keep superstars?
    I mean technically Miami and San Antonio are small market teams too and they dont seem to have problems.

Theres only like 9 big market teams in the NBA. The Bulls and Knicks have been terrible for along time. There really isnt that many big markets tbh.

So the reason Toronto would get consideration is because of the connection between Masai and Giannis' family.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...o-toronto.html

No. The bucks have had ample time to build a contender with Giannis. The trend is a super star usually will leave after x amount of years if hes not closer to getting a ring. Or you become KG and waste most of your career sticking it out. Even then KG didnt win anything until he left Minni.

Hard to hear "small markets have no shot" when you list 3 teams that have titles in the recent past and San Antonio was the greatest franchise of the last 20 years.
    I should say they have almost no shot at sustained success. Like I said, every single one of those teams had their best player leave after winning the title.

And San Antonio is a perfect example. They were the greatest franchise over the last 20 years and had a culture and reputation for sustained excellence. Their star player still left them. If the Spurs can't keep star players as a small market despite winning 5 titles, the greatest coach ever, and an impeccable reputation, what hope is there for other small market teams?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I mean technically Miami and San Antonio are small market teams too and they dont seem to have problems.

Theres only like 9 big market teams in the NBA. The Bulls and Knicks have been terrible for along time. There really isnt that many big markets tbh.
    Miami is not a small market team in the sense we are talking about. It is a highly desirable location. There is a massive difference between Miami and say Portland, Salt Lake City, Milwaukee, etc.

And yes San Antonio does have problems. Their star player left them. Despite all their success, the star player still left. That is far from "no problems".

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No. The bucks have had ample time to build a contender with Giannis. The trend is a super star usually will leave after x amount of years if hes not closer to getting a ring. Or you become KG and waste most of your career sticking it out. Even then KG didnt win anything until he left Minni.
    Unfortunately it looks like Lillard is on that same path.

8/24/2

I should say they have almost no shot at sustained success. Like I said, every single one of those teams had their best player leave after winning the title.

And San Antonio is a perfect example. They were the greatest franchise over the last 20 years and had a culture and reputation for sustained excellence. Their star player still left them. If the Spurs can't keep star players as a small market despite winning 5 titles, the greatest coach ever, and an impeccable reputation, what hope is there for other small market teams?
    So what do you realistically want? It's a given that if you draft well as an organization you will have 7 years with a player. Simply make the best use of it. Winning cures all.

Yes, guys like Kobe, Wade, Pierce all played for attractive markets and stayed with their team throughout their prime. Duncan and Lillard were drafted by not so attractive markets but also stayed. The common thread is their teams consistently made the playoffs. Sometimes that works, sometimes it won't.

Think about just regular life. How many friends, family, neighbors, schoolmates, co-workers have been with a single company longer than 7 years. Why do you guys believe it should be any different in the NBA?

7 years is long when the average NBA career is like 5 years. If after 6-7 seasons you either couldn't do enough to convince a player it was worth staying or you weren't smart enough to flip them for someone else, you're inept as a management staff. But I totally disagree with the mindset of either 'what else can teams do?' or 'Why doesn't he want to stay?'

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast