Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I know a lot of people hate this. My father in law says he is never watching another NBA game again. But I love it.
    I have said good riddance to the dying generation of old racist whites whether family or family friends if they are overtly racist and bigoted. Don't need their old crusty "who moved my cheese" attitude. Let the old 70 year old racists ******* stop watching. I doubt many of the advertisers care.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I have said good riddance to the dying generation of old racist whites whether family or family friends if they are overtly racist and bigoted. Don't need their old crusty "who moved my cheese" attitude. Let the old 70 year old racists ******* stop watching. I doubt many of the advertisers care.
    I disagree with the message but I will still watch the sport. This is America and they can display whatever they want if the league rules allow it. I am not 70 and I am not a racist, so your comment is astoundingly shallow.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I honestly think that the NBA messed up a bit by having the pre-approved list on there. I've read that some guys like Butler wanted a blank name plate, some wanted to use names of minorities killed by cops, some wanted to used phrases not listed on here.
    I did like the idea of giving them a list, because many people aren't creative enough to think of something good to put on there. I am disappointed that they didn't allow guys to submit their own ideas though. I can't remember which Raptor it was, but he wanted "Am I next?". I thought that was a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I disagree with the message but I will still watch the sport. This is America and they can display whatever they want if the league rules allow it. I am not 70 and I am not a racist, so your comment is astoundingly shallow.
    What part of the message do you disagree with? The NBA wants equality and itís on every Mavericks player jersey. Do you disagree with equality? Iím curious what part are you confused on.

Education reform
    Stop killing us
    Equality
    Love us
    Freedom
    Stand up
    Peace
    Vote
    I canít breathe

Where is the disconnect? These are positive messages or am I missing something?

You guys will probably think I'm kidding, but mark my words... one day, when we are taking a s--- and realize we are low on toilet paper, we will order toilet paper and somehow... some way... picking the brand of toilet paper will be highly political.

My theory, a marketing genius will put "Black Lives Matters" on toilet paper and then other companies will quickly mark every sheet of toilet paper with "Black Lives Matters" out of fear that if they don't conform, the world will see them as NOT thinking Black lives matter.

We can't seem to separate politics from sports/entertainment anymore. It'll leak into ever facet of our lives (as if it hasn't already). The most trivial non-political details of our lives will transform into heavily divisive politics. Something to look forward to in the future!
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Imagine thinking that saying black lives matters (too) is political lmao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    What part of the message do you disagree with? The NBA wants equality and itís on every Mavericks player jersey. Do you disagree with equality? Iím curious what part are you confused on.

Education reform
    Stop killing us
    Equality
    Love us
    Freedom
    Stand up
    Peace
    Vote
    I canít breathe

Where is the disconnect? These are positive messages or am I missing something?
    I have a problem with kneeling during the anthem, first and foremost. I all of this is a non-issue if it's not an election where the Democrats lost the previous one. Philando Castille was an upstanding Minneapolis citizen, and there was barely a whisper when he got wrongly killed by a police officer, Jorge Floyd was a career criminal and he was made into a martyr(he didn't deserve to die and the police officer that killed him clearly deserves everything coming to him). That's just for starters, but I could go on for a page or two.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Imagine thinking BLM ISN'T a political movement (albeit, with many worthy causes).

San Antonio Spurs

The second Black Lives Matters really believes and acts like all Black lives matter, instead of selective outrage/focusing heavily on secondary issues, the second they become a universally legitimate movement. I actually think one day Black Lives Matters will stop with their selective outrage and truly encompass ALL Black lives... maybe I'm too much of an optimist though.

San Antonio Spurs

If anyone sold toilet paper with the words Black Lives Matter in every sheet, racist pricks around the globe would buy it and use it.

Think about it, Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    If anyone sold toilet paper with the words Black Lives Matter in every sheet, racist pricks around the globe would buy it and use it.

Yep, and black people would buy it, use it and say it's not racist because they are black. It's so sad, it's funny what our society has become. We deserve the leadership we have, is all I can say.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You guys will probably think I'm kidding, but mark my words... one day, when we are taking a s--- and realize we are low on toilet paper, we will order toilet paper and somehow... some way... picking the brand of toilet paper will be highly political.

My theory, a marketing genius will put "Black Lives Matters" on toilet paper and then other companies will quickly mark every sheet of toilet paper with "Black Lives Matters" out of fear that if they don't conform, the world will see them as NOT thinking Black lives matter.

We can't seem to separate politics from sports/entertainment anymore. It'll leak into ever facet of our lives (as if it hasn't already). The most trivial non-political details of our lives will transform into heavily divisive politics. Something to look forward to in the future!
    Wiping my *** with BLM toilet paper doesn't seem like I'm supporting BLM lol

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

You don't have to imagine, its why most BLM donations go to the Dems

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    The second Black Lives Matters really believes and acts like all Black lives matter, instead of selective outrage/focusing heavily on secondary issues, the second they become a universally legitimate movement. I actually think one day Black Lives Matters will stop with their selective outrage and truly encompass ALL Black lives... maybe I'm too much of an optimist though.
    You're asking for too much from the plebeians , blm has vilified cops. Cops lost funding so now homicides are up in major cities (I'd wager mostly black criminality and suffering too), iirc we lost a sex crimes unit here. Brilliant

I didn't think I could lose more respect for harden but the mask fiasco did it for me. Dude didn't even know the branding during a blm event lolol.

Thx for the 24% increase in murders nation wide BLM and dunce athletes/celebs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

So all lives matter then? Or change tp to another product, you get his point tho right. I applaud the companies not bending the knee to these off movements.

Einstein was a fraud and a plagiarist btw

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast