Stafford is on Covid IR list

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre...amp/5564072002

Not 100% sure what this means for us
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

He could be asymptomatic. Either way he's going to be in quarantine for two weeks. I saw it on twitter somewhere so take it for what it is; the Lions require two consecutive negative Covid tests to enter the facility so he's going to have to be clean two days in a row post those 2 weeks.

As for the Lions nobody knows what it means in the long run. He could come back and play but he has 4 kids and a wife with many health issues. He could say **** it and throw in the towel. The season doesn't seem likely to play as it stands so it may mean nothing in the long run. Certainty is certainly not certain in 2020.

Means he either tested positive for it, or came close to someone who did test positive for it.

Cases are going to continue to pop up, no matter what precautions the NFL, MLB, government, etc. put into place. Which, with how the media is covering the case rate, the season isn't going to happen. You're seeing it right now with the MLB and every day a new positive case comes up. It's either the NFL and NFLPA put into place x amount of precautions and everyone agrees to what the stakes are, or you don't start the season.

I just hope his wife and kids are healthy.

annnnd he tested positive.

He's off the covid list according to Schefter. Stafford had a false positive test Friday and further testing of his family showed negative for covid as well.

That's good news for Staffdong and his family.

So quick question, how is the publication of these individuals testing positive for Covid-19 legal? Isn't this some type of HIPAA violation?

Whether HIPAA applies to an injury report or COVID-19 test for an athlete depends on who does the treatment. If the clinician is employed by the team, then HIPAA likely does not apply. Even though the clinician is a health care provider, to be a covered entity the health care provider also needs to engage in an electronic transaction (this really means submitting a billing claim electronically). For a clinician employed by a team, all of the care is probably provided without any charge to insurance, which means the clinician operates outside of HIPAA. However, if the athlete goes to their personal physician or other clinician, then that physician or other clinician is very likely bound by HIPAA and information should not be shared.

That does not end the analysis though. In many, if not all, instances, an athlete must sign an authorization for release of medical information to their team. In this case, the team is the employer and receiving the health information in an employment context since the medical information bears on the athlete’s ability to perform. Given the authorization and the context of how it is received, the information once transferred to the team comes out from under the protection of HIPAA. Further, the athlete has also probably signed a waiver to enable the team to make injury reports.

In light of the various waivers, the initial stance from Major League Baseball of not identifying which players test positive for COVID-19 is interesting. The tests are reportedly being administered by MLB and not through private physicians. Those elements would argue toward HIPAA not applying. However, the players association suggested that it fought to have COVID-19 results kept confidential for privacy reasons. While there is a privacy interest in not having the information posted, HIPAA is not that reason and any player absence without a stated injury reason will create the clear implication of a positive test since non-COVID-19 issues will still be reported.
    https://mirickhealthlaw.wordpress.co...-19-responses/

So HIPAA does not apparently apply to team doctors but the team still needs to sign a waiver to release the information.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    https://mirickhealthlaw.wordpress.co...-19-responses/

So HIPAA does not apparently apply to team doctors but the team still needs to sign a waiver to release the information.
    On top of all this Kelly Stafford blames the NFL for the "nightmare" 4 days she went through.

Here's the Article

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

He really should sit out

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    He really should sit out
    i agree and if he does he has until tomorrow to decide whether or not he will opt out. I just don't see that happening because he is too hard headed.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    On top of all this Kelly Stafford blames the NFL for the "nightmare" 4 days she went through.

Here's the Article
    It's terrible to read her experience. Honestly, with how ****ing irrational the American public is I cannot imagine the type of things people were saying when they saw her out and about. I don't for one second doubt people vocalized their opinions.

Per the information LionsFan..LOL posted, it seems like the teams have the right to post it but honestly why? What does it matter to the general public which player posts positive? So we can talk about it, that is it. I'd like them to go the route of the MLB and not say who tested positive. Sure, if the player wants to come out and say they have it they can but let them have that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    It's terrible to read her experience. Honestly, with how ****ing irrational the American public is I cannot imagine the type of things people were saying when they saw her out and about. I don't for one second doubt people vocalized their opinions.

Per the information LionsFan..LOL posted, it seems like the teams have the right to post it but honestly why? What does it matter to the general public which player posts positive? So we can talk about it, that is it. I'd like them to go the route of the MLB and not say who tested positive. Sure, if the player wants to come out and say they have it they can but let them have that ability.
    100% agree.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

I don't like the reporting either. Like every day for a while I'd open up rotoworld and in big red notification/font "SO AND SO TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID". Let the damn family handle their business in peace. Otherwise you subject them to witch hunts and nutty fan behavior.

Same reason why in therapy we keep what is said between therapist and counselor private. We don't need gossip (and for some paranoia) about the health of someone else running rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    So quick question, how is the publication of these individuals testing positive for Covid-19 legal? Isn't this some type of HIPAA violation?
    I've always wondered this about all athletes. We have full access to most athlete's medical information through leaks in the media. No idea how this doesn't actually violate the laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast