Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2020 Training Camp

Figured we could talk about all things training camp developments here.

First thing I came across when reading the Day 5 training recap by Pride of Detroit. They didn't play in pads today, more uptempo. Here is a snippet I laughed out loud at:

The Lions ran their first set of two-minute drills this camp on Saturday. The first-team and second-team each ran one drive using the following situation: Down five points, 1:23 left in the game, starting at their own 42-yard line. I believe there were no timeouts allowed. Here are the play-by-play results for each unit.

Matthew Stafford:

-Short completion over the middle
    -10-15 yard gain to Marvin Jones Jr.
    -Incomplete
    -Incomplete
    -Pass to Kenny Golladay for 12 yards
    -Deep pass to Kerryon Johnson for what looked like a touchdown (ruled down at 1-yard line)
    -Incomplete
    -Incomplete (Marvin Jones catch just out of the back of the endzone)
    -Incomplete
    -Touchdown to Jones after a long scramble by Stafford (could’ve been a sack)

Total: 5-for-9, 58 yards, TD
    It's great to see that when we are at the 1 yard line we will run 4 straight pass plays hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Figured we could talk about all things training camp developments here.

First thing I came across when reading the Day 5 training recap by Pride of Detroit. They didn't play in pads today, more uptempo. Here is a snippet I laughed out loud at:

It's great to see that when we are at the 1 yard line we will run 4 straight pass plays hahaha.
    That's funny crazy lol. No possible way our OC would've botched a Super Bowl by not running with the HOF RB at 1 yard line, instead calling a pass play where the WR runs a 1 yard slant and the ball is picked off... is there?

figured we could talk about all things training camp developments here.

First thing i came across when reading the day 5 training recap by pride of detroit. They didn't play in pads today, more uptempo. Here is a snippet i laughed out loud at:

sol...

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Lions and injuries, name a better (worse) combo. Well outside of Hall Road and ****** driving.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    That's funny crazy lol. No possible way our OC would've botched a Super Bowl by not running with the HOF RB at 1 yard line, instead calling a pass play where the WR runs a 1 yard slant and the ball is picked off... is there?

Lions cancelled practice today to protest the shooting of Jacob Blake that happened in Kenosha, Wisconsin on Sunday. If you haven't watched the video I highly suggest you watch the entirety of it. Quite sickening to watch.

This is the first time in a long time that I can say I am genuinely proud to be a Lions fan. As far as I know they were the only ones to do it so for a change they can be the leaders in something. Enough is enough, and has long since been enough, but yet nothing changes. I am glad sports teams are taking this opportunity to empower their players to stand up for their beliefs. Better or worse, sports teams have a lot of influence and hopefully this can carry over to people who don't know what is going on, unsure of what or how to feel, and look into these issues and work together to make the world a better place (or at least try our hardest).

Also, because I know it will come (not necessarily here on PSD I feel like most are level headed) nobody gives a **** if you stop watching. NFL is still doing fine after the Kaepernick kneeling issue and will continue on after this.

Lions cancelled practice today to protest the shooting of Jacob Blake that happened in Kenosha, Wisconsin on Sunday. If you haven't watched the video I highly suggest you watch the entirety of it. Quite sickening to watch.
    Lions realized they suck and practicing won't help so they protested the NFL instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    This is the first time in a long time that I can say I am genuinely proud to be a Lions fan. As far as I know they were the only ones to do it so for a change they can be the leaders in something. Enough is enough, and has long since been enough, but yet nothing changes. I am glad sports teams are taking this opportunity to empower their players to stand up for their beliefs. Better or worse, sports teams have a lot of influence and hopefully this can carry over to people who don't know what is going on, unsure of what or how to feel, and look into these issues and work together to make the world a better place (or at least try our hardest).

Also, because I know it will come (not necessarily here on PSD I feel like most are level headed) nobody gives a **** if you stop watching. NFL is still doing fine after the Kaepernick kneeling issue and will continue on after this.
    yea, I was actually shocked to see this was the top link on the Top Headlines section of ESPN. The Lions organization doesn't like media coverage, good or bad. One of the reason they love Stafford for all of these years, he doesn't say ****. Kudos to them for making a stand and speaking out about it.

and as I am typing this I'm watching the news and of course they are focused on the destruction from the riots instead of focusing on why cops, who were called to the scene of two women fighting, felt the need to shoot a man in the back 7 times because he was walking away from them.

The Athletic's Chris Burke reports Lions RB D'Andre Swift (leg) remains absent from practice.
    Meanwhile second-year RB Ty Johnson has taken reps in drills behind Kerryon Johnson. It's possible the Lions are holding Swift back for precautionary reasons, but his extended absence at least needs to be monitored ahead of Week 1. The rookie was garnering rave reviews for his shiftiness in the passing game prior to injury.
    Bo Scarbrough has missed time too. Not ideal of course but we knew that this was a possibility given the injury history of the backs.