Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 288
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,256

    Around the NBA 2020 Edition: Meaningful Hoops from the Perspective of Knicks' Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I didnít realize. I feel like most guys with short wing spans have that fire hydrant build. Herro actually has really long legs and a long stride that helps him on the drive. I guess he just doesnít have the long arms to match


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While Herro has short arms, he seems to have high shoulders because his standing reach is a very respectable 8í4Ē. I think standing reach is more important than wingspan because it impacts shooting, finishing, etc much more.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    50,692

    Around the NBA 2020 Edition: Meaningful Hoops from the Perspective of Knicks' Fans

    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    While Herro has short arms, he seems to have high shoulders because his standing reach is a very respectable 8í4Ē. I think standing reach is more important than wingspan because it impacts shooting, finishing, etc much more.
    He looks long. I think its the high socks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 09-20-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Stop. Big men do not bang or play defense anymore.

    This season, Joel Embiid has played LESS games than K. Porzingis, butt hurt Knick fans refuse to ackowledge this fact.

    Embiid was impotent in the opening around of the Bubble Playoffs. Guys just pulled up and shot from the perimeter all night long.

    Anthony Davis spends more time D-ing up a guard or small forward. He's more interested in looking good than taking a punch.

    Giannis doesn't play defense. The Celtics exposed him before he limped out and used a bum ankle for his craptastic play.
    Bigs have to play defense, because every position on the court can attack it.

    Jokic is obviously too good to bench, but most teams will hide their big defensive liabilities on the bench.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,955
    Yea bigs gotta play D and rebound. It's a must

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Bigs have to play defense, because every position on the court can attack it.

    Jokic is obviously too good to bench, but most teams will hide their big defensive liabilities on the bench.
    I'm sorry. I don't see it.

    Tonight you saw a prime example. Former Knick, Plumlee was covering Anthony Davis. Apparently he lost Davis, then stood next to Lebron who had a man guarding him...and while Jokic tried to rotate over, it was too late.

    What is considered "playing defense" in Ben Wallace's generation vs today doesn't compare.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I'm sorry. I don't see it.

    Tonight you saw a prime example. Former Knick, Plumlee was covering Anthony Davis. Apparently he lost Davis, then stood next to Lebron who had a man guarding him...and while Jokic tried to rotate over, it was too late.

    What is considered "playing defense" in Ben Wallace's generation vs today doesn't compare.
    Anthony davis destroyed jokic all night but you don't see it?

    Jokic is a free bucket, davis 1v1 does whatever he wants to jokic. and when jokic is under the rim guys go right at the rim like hes not even there.

    Jokic is very skilled, plays high iq ball, very good catch and shooter, but athletically he moves like a elderly person.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,027
    Murray/Jokic run that high pick and pop for the Jokic three, with Murray delivering the slip pass...

    Frank & KP ran that same play real well then we just stopped doing it for some reason... hopefully under Thibs we see the return of some high P&R, I legit have no clue what our coaches were trying to do strategy wise last year.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,099
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Anthony davis destroyed jokic all night but you don't see it?

    Jokic is a free bucket, davis 1v1 does whatever he wants to jokic. and when jokic is under the rim guys go right at the rim like hes not even there.

    Jokic is very skilled, plays high iq ball, very good catch and shooter, but athletically he moves like a elderly person.
    I think thats a bit harsh. Heís no DPOY, but heís not that bad. I see him making some plays. And heís not horrible in rotations/help D. And to be fair, AD isnít an easy cover. How many people stop him? AD has a strong defensive rep, Jokic scores plenty on him too

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,099
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    At the end of the day, you need top 5/10 guys. Actually you don't, you just need guys who can play like they are top 5/10 guys in the right moments (i.e. deep playoff runs). That is what Jokic and Murray have been doing. That is what Jimmy Buckets is doing. You could probably make the case that Tatum has been doing that as well. That is what Dirk did during his memorable run. It is less likely for guys like that to put on playoff runs like this because they have to play above their heads for an extended period, where a guy like LeBron plays top 5 in his sleep.

    So I wouldn't necessarily say DEN and Miami are really doing it another way. Miami is playing like last years Raptors with Jimmy playing Kawhi and DEN has two guys playing like top 10 players. They are rallying around guys playing like superstars, they just aren't your conventional superstars you are used to seeing out there.
    Jokic is definitely a top 10 player. Closing in on top 5. If he isnít there, heís right outside

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Jokic is definitely a top 10 player. Closing in on top 5. If he isnít there, heís right outside
    Thank you.

    I don't think ANYONE is saying Anthony Davis is a terrible player.

    He's very good player. Here's the thing, is he a transcendental player? That means, does he elevate every one around him?

    I'm not convinced because if he is. Lebron is the facilitator. He's a finisher.

    As for Jokic...right now, there isn't a better passing big man. He's a double/double almost every night. Is he a transcendental player? Well due to his passing, he does open up the offense for Denver. So that's a yes. He makes guys around him better by setting them up with good looks at the basket.

    Does it mean, he's a lock to win a Championship? No. You still need a supporting cast of great players.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I think thats a bit harsh. Heís no DPOY, but heís not that bad. I see him making some plays. And heís not horrible in rotations/help D. And to be fair, AD isnít an easy cover. How many people stop him? AD has a strong defensive rep, Jokic scores plenty on him too
    Hes probably not kevin love bad on defense as far as big men go, but hes def not good.

    I mean hes just very slow, that's why he fell in the draft.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,420
    I said this when clippers lost, but I think it's for sure pg is getting traded with the rumors about his teammates questioning him.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,853
    Patrick Beverly is renown for being a trash talker and a defensive point guard. He's not even the 4th option on the Clippers.

    The REAL question at hand...the Clippers gave away an obnoxious amount of First Rounders for Paul George and Kawhi Leonard looked uninterested.

    While it's unfair to put all the blame on Doc Rivers...just know up until Kevin McHale traded away Kevin Garnett, he was going to be fired.


    Meanwhile....

    Well if anyone thought the Miami Heat were not for real....they do now. And here's the scary thing, we haven't even seen Jimmy Butler go into god mode.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Patrick Beverly is renown for being a trash talker and a defensive point guard. He's not even the 4th option on the Clippers.

    The REAL question at hand...the Clippers gave away an obnoxious amount of First Rounders for Paul George and Kawhi Leonard looked uninterested.

    While it's unfair to put all the blame on Doc Rivers...just know up until Kevin McHale traded away Kevin Garnett, he was going to be fired.
    I think they'll give it another year & blame the results on the bubble format more then Doc...

    It's WCF or bust next year though...

    Don't think they'll make a dramatic move on the roster, but Beverly does seem like he would be the one to be replaced....

    The "platoon" PG of him and Lou Will for defense/offense didn't work as designed...

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,853
    Must see TV. Do the Nuggets have the horses to run the tables and even up the series or do the Lakers take a commanding lead in a fun series?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •