Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Naaa they aint got no chance. LA bigs play D and actually rebound. I am impressed with the nuggs tho. They still need to consider moving jokic
    No way. Jokic is their best player. He's the best passing big man in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    No way. Jokic is their best player. He's the best passing big man in the NBA.
    Hes still a huge defensive liability.

You go through the years and look at teams that make the championship, and you dont see many with bad defensive bigs playing big minutes.

Those guys get isolated too often in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Hes still a huge defensive liability.

You go through the years and look at teams that make the championship, and you dont see many with bad defensive bigs playing big minutes.

Those guys get isolated too often in the playoffs.
    Stop. Big men do not bang or play defense anymore.

This season, Joel Embiid has played LESS games than K. Porzingis, butt hurt Knick fans refuse to ackowledge this fact.

Embiid was impotent in the opening around of the Bubble Playoffs. Guys just pulled up and shot from the perimeter all night long.

Anthony Davis spends more time D-ing up a guard or small forward. He's more interested in looking good than taking a punch.

Giannis doesn't play defense. The Celtics exposed him before he limped out and used a bum ankle for his craptastic play.

Would you deal RJ for Herro tomorrow? I know I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    No.
    In a heart beat. Kid is going to get stronger and be legit. He’s got very skill he needs already. Just needs a little experience and some upper body strength.

In a heart beat. Kid is going to get stronger and be legit. He’s got very skill he needs already. Just needs a little experience and some upper body strength.

I can see why a contender like the Heat would definitely want a player like Herro over RJ with his defined and useful skillset.

A team like the Knicks needs to be betting on a guy like RJ with higher upside.

I also like Herro’s game. But I’m not sure I see a Booker-like growth to his development. I see more of a young, more athletic Korver. Maybe a bit more skill with the ball in his hand, but he’s a pretty shaky creator imo.

What would Herro look like on a team like the Knicks last year? Would it be much better than the most recent iteration of THJ on the Knicks?
    Last edited by Bubba313; 09-19-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Let me put it another way.

If Nesmith ends up on a team like the Suns, Spurs, Pelicans or Celtics in that 10-14 range, and plays a nice role on a good team shooting it really well from 3. And Anthony Edwards or Lamelo Ball end up struggling in their rookie year shooting, particularly from 3 in the ballpark of 30-32 percent.

Are you going to suggest the Timberwolves or whoever picks Edwards or Ball should trade them for Nesmith?

By the way, I think the above scenario is not only realistic, but more probable than not.

Around the NBA 2020 Edition: Meaningful Hoops from the Perspective of Knicks' Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I can see why a contender like the Heat would definitely want a player like Herro over RJ with his defined and useful skillset.

A team like the Knicks needs to be betting on a guy like RJ with higher upside.

I also like Herro’s game. But I’m not sure I see a Booker-like growth to his development. I see more of a young, more athletic Korver. Maybe a bit more skill with the ball in his hand, but he’s a pretty shaky creator imo.

What would Herro look like on a team like the Knicks last year? Would it be much better than the most recent iteration of THJ on the Knicks?
    If he was on the Knicks he’d shoot a lot. The kid does not lack confidence. Idk if he’d be better the THJ as a rookie. THJ was pretty good for stretches here. I do think Tyler is a creator. He actually reminds me of Manu off the bounce. Not the passer Manu was at all but he’s got those long strides and a lot of creativity. I see it the opposite way. I think Tyler could be an all star. I think RJ is a solid starter but I don’t see an all star

Last edited by ewing; 09-19-2020 at 11:15 PM.

THJ came into the league at 21 whereas Herro came into the league at 19 just like RJ did. Herro could develop into one of the best shooters and 2-guards in the league. RJ is going to have to be a jack-of-all trades kind of 3, but I don’t see real defensive impact and his shot obviously has a long way to go to be even average.

Not yet.

You think Herro would have played better on a clueless Fizdale coached team? Naw. No one is going to think that.

Gotta give RJ a chance on a well coached team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Not yet.

You think Herro would have played better on a clueless Fizdale coached team? Naw. No one is going to think that.

Gotta give RJ a chance on a well coached team.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    THJ came into the league at 21 whereas Herro came into the league at 19 just like RJ did. Herro could develop into one of the best shooters and 2-guards in the league. RJ is going to have to be a jack-of-all trades kind of 3, but I don’t see real defensive impact and his shot obviously has a long way to go to be even average.
    If we just comparing rookie years. I think Herro would have been better here the THJ here

If we just comparing rookie years. I think Herro would have been better here the THJ here

Agreed, he has more talent. Herro got knocked mostly for his negative wingspan (6’5” with 6’3” wingspan)

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Agreed, he has more talent. Herro got knocked mostly for his negative wingspan (6’5” with 6’3” wingspan)
    I didn’t realize. I feel like most guys with short wing spans have that fire hydrant build. Herro actually has really long legs and a long stride that helps him on the drive. I guess he just doesn’t have the long arms to match

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast