Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    He also didn't put them in the best position for success. It felt like I was watching la rockets with heavy iso and limited player movement. I also think he was the main reason they lost game 5
    I think that’s fairly typical. Teams are more iso heavy in the playoffs and put the ball in their best player’s hands. Even the Warriors became that in recent years with Durant.

Doc isn’t blameless, but it’s ultimately up to the players on the court to deliver and they both came up extremely small in a big moment.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The past two seasons, yes...and MAYBE his last year in San Antonio. Before that and throughout his career, no.
    I dont know what that matters though.

For the past 4-5 years hes among the top handful of players in the nba.

What else does he need to do to be considered elite?

I'm wondering...when should the NBA take the Denver Nuggets seriously?

Basically the team of over looked players that play with a chip on their shoulder and just don't understand how to stay down when the big bully knocked them down.

Nikola Jokic, 2nd round #41. Michael Porter Jr 1st round #14. Gary Harris 1st round #19. Monté Morris 2nd round #51. Jamal Murray 1st round #7 pick acquired via Knicks pick in 2016 as part of the compensation for the Melo trade.

That's essentially 5 solid players, 4 of which start...drafted & developed by the coaching staff.

Now, do any of these guys come close to the talent level of Lebron James and the unibrow, Anthony Davis? No. The Denver Nuggets don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

Basically the team of over looked players that play with a chip on their shoulder and just don't understand how to stay down when the big bully knocked them down.

Nikola Jokic, 2nd round #41. Michael Porter Jr 1st round #14. Gary Harris 1st round #19. Monté Morris 2nd round #51. Jamal Murray 1st round #7 pick acquired via Knicks pick in 2016 as part of the compensation for the Melo trade.

That's essentially 5 solid players, 4 of which start...drafted & developed by the coaching staff.

Now, do any of these guys come close to the talent level of Lebron James and the unibrow, Anthony Davis? No. The Denver Nuggets don't care.
    That's the advantage they have though.

They developed together on the same team over a longer period of time, compared to the overnight built teams.

Clip had everything right on paper, but at no point did I ever watch them and think to myself, "wow that's a really good team."

I wish we could do it the way denver did, but I dont think that's what dolan wants, dolan will push rose to built something quick.

Dolan doesn’t care if they win or not, it’s the pressure from media and fans having expectation of them fixing it quick always has been. Phil was the start of Dolans hands off approach and has been that way since. Now whoever after Phil comes in and ****s up you can blame the FO.

The only thing Rose has done right is not talk to media at all or mention anything. He’s just going to do it his way and if it fails he’ll get fired also without finishing anything.

Rangers doesn’t have this issue and he owns them also.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    “I will be the first to admit that I am a pessimist by nature. It is, after all, the wisest way to be. We pessimists have everything to gain, whereas optimists have a fifty-fifty chance of being disappointed.”
    ― Tamar Myers
    “Don't let them drag you down by rumors just go with what you believe in.”
    ― Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I dont know what that matters though.

For the past 4-5 years hes among the top handful of players in the nba.

What else does he need to do to be considered elite?
    Nothing. It’s just a response to people crowning him the best player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    That's the advantage they have though.

They developed together on the same team over a longer period of time, compared to the overnight built teams.

Clip had everything right on paper, but at no point did I ever watch them and think to myself, "wow that's a really good team."

I wish we could do it the way denver did, but I dont think that's what dolan wants, dolan will push rose to built something quick.
    There were times during the reg season when Clips did look great, but they never came close to regaining that in the bubble...

If you don't have top 5 talent, you can succeed in the NBA with talent that develops into a top 5 team over time.

Cohesiveness, familiarity, teamwork, it's REAL!... & It took Denver 4 years of patience to develop into what they are, not 10 years, 4...

First 2 years, they missed the playoffs, 3rd year lost in 2nd round, now in Conf Finals...

They're becoming hungrier as a group to get better....

It's a formula that works...

We'll see if Knicks ever try it for a change....

Of the 4 remaining teams, 3 were essentially built the old fashioned way -- with good scouting and coaching, draft picks, smart trades or signings. Only the Lakers went the Super Friends route, and it has become pretty clear that Lebron is the only player who can pull this method off. I hope Dolan and his new FO realize this and don't fold to the pressure of media and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Of the 4 remaining teams, 3 were essentially built the old fashioned way -- with good scouting and coaching, draft picks, smart trades or signings. Only the Lakers went the Super Friends route, and it has become pretty clear that Lebron is the only player who can pull this method off. I hope Dolan and his new FO realize this and don't fold to the pressure of media and fans.
    This

At the end of the day, you need top 5/10 guys. Actually you don't, you just need guys who can play like they are top 5/10 guys in the right moments (i.e. deep playoff runs). That is what Jokic and Murray have been doing. That is what Jimmy Buckets is doing. You could probably make the case that Tatum has been doing that as well. That is what Dirk did during his memorable run. It is less likely for guys like that to put on playoff runs like this because they have to play above their heads for an extended period, where a guy like LeBron plays top 5 in his sleep.

So I wouldn't necessarily say DEN and Miami are really doing it another way. Miami is playing like last years Raptors with Jimmy playing Kawhi and DEN has two guys playing like top 10 players. They are rallying around guys playing like superstars, they just aren't your conventional superstars you are used to seeing out there.

The Miami Heat are unreal. Talk about playing with ice water veins.

The Boston Celtics had them in a deep hole during both game 1 & 2. Yet...I'm wondering two things:

1. These are not the Celtics from the 80s, they have problems closing games. They stomp on a team, then fall asleep and leave the door open.

2. Miami Heat are so balanced. Jae Crowder and Jimmy Butler didn't have fantasy stat night but got the stops necessary to allow the back court to get them back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    At the end of the day, you need top 5/10 guys. Actually you don't, you just need guys who can play like they are top 5/10 guys in the right moments (i.e. deep playoff runs). That is what Jokic and Murray have been doing. That is what Jimmy Buckets is doing. You could probably make the case that Tatum has been doing that as well. That is what Dirk did during his memorable run. It is less likely for guys like that to put on playoff runs like this because they have to play above their heads for an extended period, where a guy like LeBron plays top 5 in his sleep.

So I wouldn't necessarily say DEN and Miami are really doing it another way. Miami is playing like last years Raptors with Jimmy playing Kawhi and DEN has two guys playing like top 10 players. They are rallying around guys playing like superstars, they just aren't your conventional superstars you are used to seeing out there.
    But they were not acquired as "superstars" (i.e. mortgaging the future through giving up massive amounts of assets and killing of cap space). Not even Butler who certainly was an accomplished player.

Gonna give the coaches some credit here also.

Lakers crushed the Nuggets but didn't the Clippers do the same thing early in their series? Regardless, the Nuggets have this "devil may care" attitude.

Lakers crushed the Nuggets but didn't the Clippers do the same thing early in their series? Regardless, the Nuggets have this "devil may care" attitude.
    Naaa they aint got no chance. LA bigs play D and actually rebound. I am impressed with the nuggs tho. They still need to consider moving jokic

I want the Lakers to lose but man they are men playing boys.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast