Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If we actually have a developmental program, who should we develop

I say this because I think it is foolish to get yet another young guard to develop "from scratch" based on potential when we have 2 "potential" highly rated drafted guards who have been in a program that desired to tank more than develop. I hope the tank lovers recognize that you can't tank and develop at the same time. It teaches bad and losing habits

I can imagine that if Curry was drafted by the Knicks, with his size, we most likely would have ruined his career. Hero as well.

So I am off track... I say pick at least one guard between DSJ and Frank and draft another position. I prefer frank but I am intrigued by DSJ. I think bron knows basketball bettter than most

I actually don't want another young guard. LET'S DEVELOP what we have.
    model the heat and nuggets organization. Stop trying to be like the tanking sixers who have achieved NOTHING!

Mitch/RJ. The problem with Frank and DSJ isnít the program itís that neither player is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 10-05-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I agree here. It's better to develop what you already have instead of starting fresh and counting on a miracle to happen that there will be teamwork. It doesn't work that way. It's much better to keep the people you know from scratch!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I don't thin Bron's preference for DSJ had to do with hoops. If he knew so much he would have squawked about the Knicks not drafting Mitchell.

RJ, Mitch and Frank. DSJ will be a nice addition for a team that needs a scoring threat off the bench.
    Frank can still grow as a player. His D is excellent develop him.

Ignorance is bliss

Lebron James was squawking about Frank Ntilkina because for the second consecutive year, the Knicks drafted a Euro.

There's definitely a thick division between Euros and US Ballers. Euros are looked at as immigrants stealing the shoes off US ballers many of whom come from impoverished settings.

Lebron mentioned Dennis Smith Jr because his team had played Dallas right before playing the Knicks. WHY GM Scott Perry and former Team President, Steve Mills took that so much to heart as to make a deal for him is beyond me.

Then again, Lebron James advocated for Tristan Thompson getting a ridiculous contract from the Cavs (then left for LA)...who just got his last $18.5M this season.

Who needs development? ALL OF THEM.

RJ Barrett: Learn to hit a free throw. When Rachel Nichols is on your case, you know you bad. Also a jump shot would help.
    Frank Ntilikina: Learn to use those freakish arms in a drive. Expand that range on the jumper. Be selfish.
    Dennis Smith Jr: Shooting, passing, and being an unselfish teammate.
    Mitchell Robinson: Some post up moves would be nice. Passing in transition.
    Kevin Knox: Confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Mitch/RJ. The problem with Frank and DSJ isnít the program itís that neither player is very good.

You don't even believe this. They're in the nba for a reason

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Lebron James was squawking about Frank Ntilkina because for the second consecutive year, the Knicks drafted a Euro.

There's definitely a thick division between Euros and US Ballers. Euros are looked at as immigrants stealing the shoes off US ballers many of whom come from impoverished settings.

Lebron mentioned Dennis Smith Jr because his team had played Dallas right before playing the Knicks. WHY GM Scott Perry and former Team President, Steve Mills took that so much to heart as to make a deal for him is beyond me.

Then again, Lebron James advocated for Tristan Thompson getting a ridiculous contract from the Cavs (then left for LA)...who just got his last $18.5M this season.

RJ Barrett: Learn to hit a free throw. When Rachel Nichols is on your case, you know you bad. Also a jump shot would help.
    Frank Ntilikina: Learn to use those freakish arms in a drive. Expand that range on the jumper. Be selfish.

For Frank, I totally agree. While I don't think he will be dynamic as a scorer, I still believe he can grow and be a vey effective one. If he learns to use his frame and length, I think he will vie able to back down many defenders. A nice turnaround to bounce off contact an the strength to go through it will make him formidable. I think that comes with the confidence. Hopefully he gets some and get a bit selfish as you said.

DSJ- Add defensive and effort to that. The kid is an electric athlete and has the ability to blow by people and finish. He just doesn't seem to get the other parts of the game. Arrogance? Maybe. Or maybe he isn't aware enough to understand.

Knox- He needs D. I think a guy like him would gain confidence if he played better D. If you are contributing and working your arse off on D, you have more room for error on the other end.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

The reason bron forced cle to sign thompson to that insane contract was because Thompson is signed to his sports agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't thin Bron's preference for DSJ had to do with hoops. If he knew so much he would have squawked about the Knicks not drafting Mitchell.

RJ, Mitch and Frank. DSJ will be a nice addition for a team that needs a scoring threat off the bench.
    Frank can still grow as a player. His D is excellent develop him.
    Agreed. I think at pick 8 Devin Vassell may help this team/be a better fit than anyone else on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    You don't even believe this. They're in the nba for a reason
    You are right all NBA players are good at basketball. These two are not very good for NBA players
    Last edited by ewing; 10-05-2020 at 05:48 PM.

You are right all NBA players are good at basketball. These two are not very good for NBA players
    Have some faith and patience my friend

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agreed. I think at pick 8 Devin Vassell may help this team/be a better fit than anyone else on the board.
    Vassell is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Have some faith and patience my friend
    The OP uses Tyler Herro as an example. Tyler Herro has game. If he were in NY heíd turn the ball over bc his handle is a little lose and heíd get exposed a little more on D but that would happen bc he would be by far our most skilled offensive player so he would have the ball and a spot light. It would still be clear that he is good. The difference bt Herro and DSJ isnít setting its game. Knicks culture didnít stop Danilo or KP from looking like players. DSJ and Frank are just disappointing players so far

Last edited by ewing; 10-06-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Knicks don't do a great job of developing their players especially their young players because I believe if they had great technical staff who could help develop their guys from G League up to the NBA, the Knicks would most definitely be a much better team

The OP uses Tyler Herro as an example. Tyler Herro has game. If he were in NY heíd turn the ball over bc his handle is a little lose and heíd get exposed a little more on D but that would happen bc he would be by far our most skilled offensive player so he would have the ball and a spot light. It would still be clear that he is good. The difference bt Herro and DSJ isnít setting its game. Knicks culture didnít stop Danilo or KP from looking like players. DSJ and Frank are just disappointing players so far

Knicks culture cant develop talent and sends the the good ones packing lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast