Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Around the NBA 2020 Edition: Meaningful Hoops from the Perspective of Knicks' Fans

While I appreciate/contribute to the NBA Draft and/or Trade thread, I find it muddled with posts from NBA games and performances past and present. I wanted to make a separate thread with the intention of looking at how teams are playing...and whether or not that could potentially compliment the Knicks.

1. Is Bulking Up in today's NBA, setting up a player for Injuries?

Roll the clocks back to 2016, the Sixers tell Ben Simmons to bulk up before preseason. He added 15 lbs of muscle then fractured his right foot that required surgery. In 2017 the Knicks asked Porzingis to add more muscle to his frame, he comes in with 10lbs of muscle added and puts up career highs in every category before blowing out his knee in early 2018.
    In 2018-19 the NBA reports the most recorded injuries of players under 30.

Last night, The Dallas Mavs (or Knicks South) and the Rockets played an overtime thriller. The Dallas coaches asked Porzingis to drop weight. Curious right? He did, he had quicker explosion and his jump shot had more fluid elevation. Porzingis finished with 39 pts and 16 rebounds in an OT loss.
    Porizingis wasn't the first person told to drop weight. Personal trainers for Lebron, Melo, & Mo Bamba worked with their clients to drop weight.

Part of it has to do with the fact, the NBA trend has been this up tempo pace. It's very exciting to watch...and I think the Knicks have the horses to play that way. They just need a playmaking point guard to put it altogether.

2. Five Brooklyn Nets opt out of the Bubble, Kyrie Irving still trying to convince owner Joseph Tsai that the world is flat.

The Nets might be playing for a playoff spot but I can't imagine a franchise moments away from a full implosion. DeAndre Jordan has walked away from $1M because once you cleared x2 COVID tests and cleared to play...you risk leaving money on the table if you walk out. He's not he only one. Ex-Knick Wilson Chandler and Spencer Dimwittle. Kevin Durant who has been cleared to practice as well as Kyrie Irving have declined to play, which is fine because no one seems to care anymore. Somewhere Kenny Atkinson has to be thankful the Nets released him. Joseph Tsai hasn't learned yet, don't trust star athletes to run your team.

3. To Stand or not to stand (Kneel)

Apparently, Head coach Gregg Popovich and assistant coach Becky Hammon who have been very vocal in supporting Black Lives Matter were scrutinized for not kneeling during the National Anthem. Kudos for Derozan, calling out the haters as being ridiculous. PEOPLE. Let's judge a person by their character. NOT by what they should do for MY satisfaction. Geezus.

Does watching Porzingis in the playoffs in the west count?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Does watching Porzingis in the playoffs in the west count?
    Definitely.

Anyone catch some of the Jazz vs Nugget overtime barnburner?

Donovan Mitchell dropped 57 napalm but Jamal Murray should be acknowledged with 36 pts. That game came down to the bench. Denver had just a little more balance than Utah in game 1.

Former Knick Emmanuel Mudiay went 0-2 but hit a free throw. They don't call David Fizdale, Mr. Fix-dale for nothin' folks.

KP averaging 30 pts a game since season restarted.

DSJ averaging 30 piece bucket of bojangles fried chicken a day. Seriously, anyone got a update on what dsj looks like these days?

Best trade him before he shows 50 lbs overweight.

DSJ aka Ariel Spears, is going to show up to camp "in the best shape of his life"

It's crazy to see the mavs coach consistently tread carefully when referring kp

That second tech was softer than Jenna Jameson's implants.

Let's get to another CLASSIC Philly vs Boston series, two towns with as much personality as a stack of bricks.

Pretty much Boston let Philly keep pace till the 4th where the Celtics took control 34-22 edge. The ability to close games is the mark of a Championship contender.

Just a barometer reading where do the Knicks stack up against their division rivals.

Vs the Celtics
    1. I think RJ Barrett is good enough right now to play man to man against Gordon Hayward.
    2. Jayson Tatum would destroy Julius Randle, Christian Wood, or anyone the Knicks played.

Vs the Sixers
    1. RJ Barrett should be ok matching up against Tobias Harris. Harris plays no defense.
    2. Randle vs Horford is like watching the Ringu. It'll make your eyes bleed.
    3. Embiid vs Mitchell Robinson...Hmm....is Mitch ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post

That second tech was softer than Jenna Jameson's implants.
    Both techs were aweful.

Everyone knows morris is a bully, and clearly just tried to ragdoll doncic, cant fault zingis for sticking up for the league mvp.

On a side note one thing I notice with zingis, is he still doesnt jump. Still not 100% trusting that knee. Remember when he used to get all those dunks and blocks, he doesnt anymore.

Both techs were aweful.

Everyone knows morris is a bully, and clearly just tried to ragdoll doncic, cant fault zingis for sticking up for the league mvp.

On a side note one thing I notice with zingis, is he still doesnt jump. Still not 100% trusting that knee. Remember when he used to get all those dunks and blocks, he doesnt anymore.

Hmmm...Think so? I mean, Youtube has more Doncic to KP alley-oops from different games. I just think when you're that tall, you don't always need to exert yourself when putting the ball in.

Hmmm...Think so? I mean, Youtube has more Doncic to KP alley-oops from different games. I just think when you're that tall, you don't always need to exert yourself when putting the ball in.
    Not really seeing him jump in traffic. You remember the blocks and dunks he was getting his rookie year, in traffic?

Just dont see it anymore.

Not really seeing him jump in traffic. You remember the blocks and dunks he was getting his rookie year, in traffic?

Just dont see it anymore.
    Well, he sustained a heel injury which is why he didn't play the final game of the season. Having said that,

Statistically, Prozingis' numbers are categorically either just as good or better.

Knicks fans complained he could average double digit rebounds? He averaged 9.8 per game.

Blocks were consistent. He averaged 2 per game, which is what he put up the other 2/3 seasons with the Knicks.

Most importantly, he's getting to the line. He averages 5 free throw attempts per game.

Dallas is using KP more from the perimeter, which is how I've ALWAYS seen him. I always thought it was stupid for the Knicks to use him in the post. He's more of a small forward than a power forward.

Every one laughed at Charles Barkley when he suggested the Blazers could give the Lakers trouble. Well, riot city drew first blood.

Every one laughed at Charles Barkley when he suggested the Blazers could give the Lakers trouble. Well, riot city drew first blood.
    Blazers have 3 very good Iso Scorers and assembled very good players to round it out. If they manage to find a defensive rythm, they're a pretty well build for the playoffs.
    `

Ehh the Lakers should be attacking the bigs of the blazers not trying to shoot 3s with them. Most of the bubbles games have been terrible to watch. Everyone is just running down the court chucking 3s

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast