Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What? We successfully flattened the curve, the goal was never to hide forever. Put it this way, what's an acceptable amount of cases per day before we start up?

Kids aren't in real danger and they're not super spreaders, what u mean?

Also u don't know much about the so called Spanish flu I bet
    America didnít flatten the curve. Thatís a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What? We successfully flattened the curve, the goal was never to hide forever. Put it this way, what's an acceptable amount of cases per day before we start up?

Kids aren't in real danger and they're not super spreaders, what u mean?

Also u don't know much about the so called Spanish flu I bet
    it literally came out 2 days ago from the cdc or whatever about how kids can pass it just as easily and get it just as easily

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william.../#36826b4019fd

want more information?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    this

No, heís just that clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it literally came out 2 days ago from the cdc or whatever about how kids can pass it just as easily and get it just as easily

want more information?
    I work in science.

The people in my company are not sending their kids back to school. They don't feel like there's enough data (either way) for the children to go back and refuse to let their children be part of this experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

want more information?
    OK so have the kids go back to school and let them socialize with other kids. Have them wear a mask around Grandma and Grandpa or have Grandma and grandpa wear N95's. Or limit interactions with The grandparents to zoom for a few more months.

Is that plan 100% guaranteed to not cause a single death? No-Neither is our current way of life though. Its a reasonable plan to address the childrens need to develop and societies need to keep the vulnerable safe.

The median age of people who are dying from this is like 78 or 79. People under 55 dying from this are basically statistical outliers. The idea that every age group should completely give away their lives and futures indefinitely while we wait for a vaccine has got to stop being thought of as realistic. A vaccine could help- atleast 50 or 60 thousand people will die from this every year even with a vaccine (Probably more the next few years).

[QUOTE=mike_noodles;33543944]America didnít flatten the curve. Thatís a joke right?[/QUOTE

yep- and if we stayed locked down another 3 years and a single person died from covid after that.... youd be saying The US did nothing.

I work in science.

The people in my company are not sending their kids back to school. They don't feel like there's enough data (either way) for the children to go back and refuse to let their children be part of this experiment.
    so theyre participating in the experiment of letting their kids spend their childhoods with out regular socialization with other kids. Lets see if they turn out as serial killers or cult leaders in 10-20 yrs

I work in science.

Kids are going to spread this like wildfire. I have a buddy who lives in Arkansas and his wife is a teacher. She has no choice but to go until thereís an outbreak and heís just hoping she doesnít bring it home to him and their 3 children.

Masks at home arenít going to work but some people just have no common sense and are a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    so theyre participating in the experiment of letting their kids spend their childhoods with out regular socialization with other kids. Lets see if they turn out as serial killers or cult leaders in 10-20 yrs
    You are way overblowing it. They are still socializing, just not with hundreds and hundreds of others in one building. You can always catch up in school and make up these things that are lost, but not if you're dead. Or how about the mental/emotional well being of the children who spread to their families and one of them dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Kids are going to spread this like wildfire. I have a buddy who lives in Arkansas and his wife is a teacher. She has no choice but to go until thereís an outbreak and heís just hoping she doesnít bring it home to him and their 3 children.

Masks at home arenít going to work but some people just have no common sense and are a waste of time.
    I agree with you, and I have friends and relatives that are teachers that are strongly considering opting out, signing petitions or just plain quitting. This **** is going to get really nuts if those studies that MTM posted are correct (I believe they are). The reason I think the data was misleading before is that for the most part children have been extremely sheltered during all of this, so it was really hard to get an accurate read on how much they are driving the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    OK so have the kids go back to school and let them socialize with other kids. Have them wear a mask around Grandma and Grandpa or have Grandma and grandpa wear N95's. Or limit interactions with The grandparents to zoom for a few more months.

Is that plan 100% guaranteed to not cause a single death? No-Neither is our current way of life though. Its a reasonable plan to address the childrens need to develop and societies need to keep the vulnerable safe.

The median age of people who are dying from this is like 78 or 79. People under 55 dying from this are basically statistical outliers. The idea that every age group should completely give away their lives and futures indefinitely while we wait for a vaccine has got to stop being thought of as realistic. A vaccine could help- atleast 50 or 60 thousand people will die from this every year even with a vaccine (Probably more the next few years).
    I dont think its indefinitely, I think November 4th is probably the target day.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

There is some wiggle room in there. A lot of people do have common sense, take all the regular precautions, and get it, and expose their families to it anyhow.

Our "inner circle" is about 9 people which is pretty small, but all of us have made shopping trips at one time or another over the last 4 months, and wearing masks and cleaning our hands and not touching our faces and maintaining distance and sterilizing etc doesn't stop the fact that the 2 generations deep exposure at this point is probably tens of thousands of people considering we've been exposed to checkout tellers who are talking to and exchanging things with literally hundreds of "strangers" a day.

I'm really starting to be bothered by this idea that all of the spread of the virus is down to "idiots who don't follow science". In my experience the vast majority of people are taking this seriously but that doesn't mean they are not going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There is some wiggle room in there. A lot of people do have common sense, take all the regular precautions, and get it, and expose their families to it anyhow.

Our "inner circle" is about 9 people which is pretty small, but all of us have made shopping trips at one time or another over the last 4 months, and wearing masks and cleaning our hands and not touching our faces and maintaining distance and sterilizing etc doesn't stop the fact that the 2 generations deep exposure at this point is probably tens of thousands of people considering we've been exposed to checkout tellers who are talking to and exchanging things with literally hundreds of "strangers" a day.

I'm really starting to be bothered by this idea that all of the spread of the virus is down to "idiots who don't follow science". In my experience the vast majority of people are taking this seriously but that doesn't mean they are not going to get it.
    everyone is going to get it.. or at least be exposed to it.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    everyone is going to get it.. or at least be exposed to it.
    Of course, and when I was saying that in February people were calling me a nut job. It's been true of every major moderately virulent virus to come along, no reason for this one to be different. I think a lot of people think they can still dodge it as long as everyone "follows science".

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast