Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Is there any chance of next season happening?

With baseball about to be shut down and football having no chance of happening what is the likelihood of next season happening for the nba? This bubble thing wont happen for an entire regular season because there is 0 chance players agree to being locked down that long.... basketball and hockey are able to finish there seasons by mostly just going to the playoffs... can the league do an entire nba season next season or will it have to be super condensed?

Yes

Only way it happens is if it's in a bubble again. Even then I'm still not anticipating a 2020-21 season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Holy negative Nancy. Do you ever not whine about sports/Corona? They're playing now, they'll play next season, MLB will finish, NFL will happen. There's way too much money to be lost by not playing.

If all of those happen in spite of dangerous covid numbers , that's 'Murca for ya.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

yes

in a bubble

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Holy negative Nancy. Do you ever not whine about sports/Corona? They're playing now, they'll play next season, MLB will finish, NFL will happen. There's way too much money to be lost by not playing.
    arent you the same dude that basically thought corona was the flu and it was no big deal? riddle me this... do you think basketball players will be alright with being in a bubble for 4 months or more because that is what will be needed... there is 0 chance baseball finishes man

on top of the marlins etc we now have this

Mish] There have been several Cardinals players that have tested positive for Covid-19. Per sources. More than five.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-01-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    If all of those happen in spite of dangerous covid numbers , that's 'Murca for ya.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It's the world it seems. People all over the world are trying to continue despite the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's the world it seems. People all over the world are trying to continue despite the virus.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 08-01-2020 at 03:09 PM.

I would be all for a condensed bubble season. But coronavirus will 100% still be present in the fall. I don't see a scenario where the NBA had a traditional 82-game season with fans and flying between cities. But could I envision a shorter bubble season? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    arent you the same dude that basically thought corona was the flu and it was no big deal? riddle me this... do you think basketball players will be alright with being in a bubble for 4 months or more because that is what will be needed... there is 0 chance baseball finishes man

on top of the marlins etc we now have this

Mish] There have been several Cardinals players that have tested positive for Covid-19. Per sources. More than five.
    Correct. And I admitted I was wrong a couple months ago.

I just don't think it should be that difficult to not go out all the time while the risk is still there. Stay home/in hotels when on the road. They take private flights to and from games. Wear masks when traveling to be safe.

With the money these guys have it should be super easy to just hang out and keep plenty entertained.

Marlins only had a blow up bc half the team decided to go out clubbing in Atlanta right before the season began. Their own dumb fault for breaking the agrees upon rules.

Correct. And I admitted I was wrong a couple months ago.

I just don't think it should be that difficult to not go out all the time while the risk is still there. Stay home/in hotels when on the road. They take private flights to and from games. Wear masks when traveling to be safe.

With the money these guys have it should be super easy to just hang out and keep plenty entertained.

Marlins only had a blow up bc half the team decided to go out clubbing in Atlanta right before the season began. Their own dumb fault for breaking the agrees upon rules.
    i agree it shouldnt be hard.... see the marlins/lou williams etc.... people are idiiots and now the cards are having a blow up... NHL and basketball will be fine but i am not sure players will be willing to play a 60 plus game season and then playoffs in a bubble.

Hundreds of thousands of people are traveling now. There is no way to prevent everyone from getting exposed, at some point (maybe now) it's going to be about being careful and making decisions on what is best for you and your family. In sports that will mean some players will opt to not play, and if fans are invited to go to games some will go and some will opt to not go. There was never a chance things would never start up again, it's just a matter of managing the risk and for sports leagues managing the PR. The NBA has already decided the PR issue has already passed, and now it's about managing each step along the way. Silver straight up said they were not going to go backward ... to me that means they will play.

Yes. It may not be with all the stars but there's plenty of scab labor available. Maybe that g league hero the Lakers kept signing at the end of several seasons will come out of retirement.

Athletes especially have less fear to this virus. But we will protect the vulnerable, let the healthy cowards hide and the Americans make money, just as we have in every other industry. Yes I'm scared of the virus but you can't suppress your immune system by living in fear.
    Last edited by Chronz; 08-02-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast