Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Durant

3 27.27%
  • Stephen Curry

3 27.27%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Dwyane Wade

3 27.27%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

1 9.09%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

1 9.09%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I just love how people only use things that fit their narrative when it means ******** all over durant lol
    I can be honest and say that my hate for Durant makes me less than objective when ranking him amongst the all time greats.

However, I can also make a great argument that peak wise, Dirk is superior. While Durant may have the edge in raw numbers, Dirk has proven himself more in the playoffs. Dirk joins a select few (Kawhi is another player) who elevates his game in the playoffs. Dirk also didn't have the luxury of playing for stacked teams in order to win championships.

In other words, Dirk did more with less than Durant in their peaks (at least so far). I can't really use the fact Dirk beat down the OKC with Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka because they were all young... but I can use Durant's inability to get the ring without having to join a 70+ win team. To me, this exploits his lack of impact in spite of his highlighted raw and advanced numbers. Furthermore, when we compare their playoff numbers, they are in within the same ballpark. The only difference is, Dirk did more with less as I mentioned before which indicates he had a higher impact on the game than Durant at their respective peaks. Although, Durant is still young enough to do something other worldly... I just think it's highly unlikely he'll top Dirk.

Just imagine Durant having to roll with Erick Dampier and Josh Howard. He wouldn't even sniff the finals with that #2 and starting C.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 08-04-2020 at 09:16 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Kawhi has never taken his game to the level Wade did in the 2006 nba finals though so that’s where my confusion comes from. We’re picking guys like Kawhi when there’s guys who have taken their game to a further level in the biggest moments.
    Cuz peak isn't about just 1 series, I would argue peak wade lost in r1 not looking his best that series but combined with his step ups other years, gives us a clear view of peak wade.

Then you factor in the team building aspect, wade can't space you out as much so in terms of portability, he's not as valuable without the ball as much as a dpoy who can dominate the game without dominating the ball. I do think you have a case, I just love the mj style of play, if Kobe has an argument here, which he does, and I find kawhi superior, then its him easy for me

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    When you have to show that much “evidence” to prove something and it’s still not proven, you know you’re grasping.

And it’s plain as day that you’re just Wad3 with a new computer or VPN. You’re not fooling anyone. Get wrecked.
    Not grasping at all. Refs didn’t make Dallas choke from the field or Dirk choke from the stripe in the closing moments. Refs didn’t make Wades shot for him.

“Get wrecked” lmao!!

does wade have multiple or any seasons better than durants best?
    We're picking a player at their absolute peak to win a game. That's what the OP says. I use playoff performance, because that's where the competition is the best. Wade's 2006 playoffs — particularly his finals, the best since the NBA-ABA merger — are better than anything Durant has done. And Wade was the lone alpha on that team, compared to Durant being hyper-efficient because he joined a loaded team. Take Curry away from Durant, and we'll see how effective he is running the show in Golden State.

I just love how people only use things that fit their narrative when it means ******** all over durant lol
    The only reason you care about Durant so much is to fit your narrative of ******** all over Curry lol!

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He’s won multiple MVPs when it mattered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He got an MVP when the best player of the series was still the King. He was just a little less invincible that series despite still playing great so they gave it to Kawhi. Simply to avoid awarding it to a player on the losing team.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    The only reason you care about Durant so much is to fit your narrative of ******** all over Curry lol!
    Yeah, his narrative argument is bs anyways, already refuted it in the other thread and I know plenty share my viewpoint on kd

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He got an MVP when the best player of the series was still the King. He was just a little less invincible that series despite still playing great so they gave it to Kawhi. Simply to avoid awarding it to a player on the losing team.

Bron only scoring effectively when kawhi wasn't on him or when the lead was in double digits with his team putting up the smallest fight against those spurs was kind of bad and Kawhi had a lot to do with it. He also had some 20pt outings iirc

Kawhi's last playoff was better than any from KD not benefitting greatly by joining a 73 win team/previous championship team with a better offensive player/creator on the team opening it up for him. Even then per 100 possessions in the playoffs only last post season when he got injured/missed time did KD EVER match Kawhi's per 100 in his career. If you include before getting injured in 2017 by the Curry/KD/Klay/Green team that needed Zaza to take him out, the last 36 playoff games for Kawhi we are talking over 39 pp100 on 124 ortg. The only time in his career KD had an ortg that high in any playoff run was the first one with GS when teams were playing their system and allowing him the easiest opportunities I have seen from a supposed "star". Adding in the context and who was taking focus of defense compared to playing off better offensive creators like Curry handling that load makes it further towards Kawhi.

Then add in Kawhi being the superior defender while rebounding/playmaking for each is similar.

KD is a bigger issue in this range than Kawhi.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 08-05-2020 at 02:00 PM.

This is the worst list I have ever seen on PSD. Like WTF? Peak Curry/KD is already batter than multiple top 20 ALL-TIME greats? You people are insane.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #13

King lol. You’re a homer. KL was the MVP bc he was the MVP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234