Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Durant

3 27.27%
  • Stephen Curry

3 27.27%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Dwyane Wade

3 27.27%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

1 9.09%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

1 9.09%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I mean, Dirk Nowitzki had Josh Howard as his sidekick in 2006 and Jason Terry in 2011... I'm not going to say Dirk didn't have ANY help, but compared to Durant and Wade, Dirk had hot garbage and was able to win a ship. He really should have 2x ships, taking the ship the refs gave Wade in 2006.

Let's not forget 2006 is arguably one of the most infamous NBA Finals, right there with the LA/Kings Finals. It later came out post 2006 that refs would bet on games. The ref who SERVED TIME for his misconduct even EXPLICITLY stated that the 2006 Finals were rigged. Wade's 2006 performance has a huge asterisk next to it. It's not his fault ref's cheated and gave them the trophy, but it doesn't mean he is worthy of the accolade either.

If we are talking raw numbers, then this is a very primitive vote. If we are taking CONTEXT into account as well as impact and raw figures, then Dirk should probably be the guy.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    I mean, Dirk Nowitzki had Josh Howard as his sidekick in 2006 and Jason Terry in 2011... I'm not going to say Dirk didn't have ANY help, but compared to Durant and Wade, Dirk had hot garbage and was able to win a ship. He really should have 2x ships, taking the ship the refs gave Wade in 2006.

Let's not forget 2006 is arguably one of the most infamous NBA Finals, right there with the LA/Kings Finals. It later came out post 2006 that refs would bet on games. The ref who SERVED TIME for his misconduct even EXPLICITLY stated that the 2006 Finals were rigged. Wade's 2006 performance has a huge asterisk next to it. It's not his fault ref's cheated and gave them the trophy, but it doesn't mean he is worthy of the accolade either.

If we are talking raw numbers, then this is a very primitive vote. If we are taking CONTEXT into account as well as impact and raw figures, then Dirk should probably be the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    There's some confusion on what peak means, its mostly who you would take to win a game today. Peak Kawhi has the skill set to play with everyone, has few holes in his game and has consistently raised his level of play every post season.

His playoff production is elite, who goes ahead?
    Kawhi has never taken his game to the level Wade did in the 2006 nba finals though so that’s where my confusion comes from. We’re picking guys like Kawhi when there’s guys who have taken their game to a further level in the biggest moments.

@Wade/iggy

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-of-2006-title

“Basically, Dallas was up in the series,” Donaghy said on the Forgotten Maverick Podcast. “With that being said, the way it was back then, was that the NBA would come in in order to extend a series, to go over plays that they felt should have went in Miami’s favor that didn’t and that went in Dallas’s favor that shouldn’t have and they started to program and training the referees to look for certain things.”
    "I think basically Dallas basically got screwed out of a championship in that situation because the NBA started to manipulate the series to make sure it was extended and Dallas could never recover from it,” Donaghy said.
    The dominant majority of non Heat fans and Mavericks fans tend to think the Lakers/Kings and Mavericks/Heat finals are the 2 most rigged Finals in history. I actually think peak Wade was superior to Kobe's peak. I don't hate Wade, though, 2006 has an asterisk by most people's standards, and rightfully so.

San Antonio Spurs

In conclusion, Wade needed LeBron and Chris Bosh to win a ship. In 2006 he needed the refs and an end-of-prime Shaq.

All Dirk needed was Jason Terry in 2011... add to that, he got revenge for the rigged 2006 Finals on Wade. Dirk gets the nod here.

Wade and Durant were on Finals teams that were expected to win over their opponents. Both lost to inferior teams. Dirk is the only one to go against the 2nd greatest player in NBA history as well as a top 25 NBA player in Wade and a top 15 player in the NBA at the time in Chris Bosh and come out victorious. Dirk's peak over such dominant players/teams has to give him the edge.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 08-04-2020 at 05:08 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

Or if we are going to pretend Wade is the 13th best peak, I can FACTUALLY state that Dirk, with Jason Terry as his sidekick, beat out 2x top 13 peak NBA players (LeBron James and D. Wade) along with a top 15 player in the NBA (Chris Bosh) in 2011.

Not only should this automatically exclude Wade from consideration, this should prop up Dirk's claim to #13.

San Antonio Spurs

Giannis/Redrum

So you didn’t read any of that? Did the refs make Dirk miss his free throws in the last seconds of game 3? Did they lock him and Terry up on the 4th quarter of games? Didn’t Dirk shoot the most free throws in playoff history that season? Must’ve rigged it for the Mavs to get there. The facts are in my post above, Mavs had every chance to win that series but they choked many different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Or if we are going to pretend Wade is the 13th best peak, I can FACTUALLY state that Dirk, with Jason Terry as his sidekick, beat out 2x top 13 peak NBA players (LeBron James and D. Wade) along with a top 15 player in the NBA (Chris Bosh) in 2011.

Not only should this automatically exclude Wade from consideration, this should prop up Dirk's claim to #13.
    That wasn’t Wade or LeBrons “peak” but good try. 2011 finals was rigged anyways and Wade outplayed Dirk

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Both are pretty average though and the 1st should’ve went to Duncan.
    He’s been a fantastic playoff performer, deserved both finals MVPs, and won the first one at 22! Dude is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He’s been a fantastic playoff performer, deserved both finals MVPs, and won the first one at 22! Dude is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely an awesome playoff performer. I disagree on the 1st but definitely agree with the 2nd, neither were anything spectacular though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It’s all related.

When you have to show that much “evidence” to prove something and it’s still not proven, you know you’re grasping.

And it’s plain as day that you’re just Wad3 with a new computer or VPN. You’re not fooling anyone. Get wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Please never compare those other players teams to the te KD joined. I know you love to love KD because it helps your narrative that Curry is a horrible player but this is ridiculous. Take Jordan, Kobe, Magic away from any team they were ever on and they win a total of zero rings and never do they win 60+ games much less 73. Unfortunately we will never know what a prime KD could do because during his prime he was either bowing out and blowing a 3-1 lead like a ***** or he was getting the same attention as TJ Warren.....***** please, this isn't a comparison man. KD should not be in the discussion yet.
    i wont hold it against curry being a top 15 player ever or 10 ever when its all said and done has well... holding he joined a top team against him but then having guys who played on stacked *** teams as all time greats is honestly stupid... durant was never the 2nd best player on his team... he was the guy even on the warriors. This logic just baffles me... I guess kobe shouldnt be in the top 10 ever then correct? I mean he forced his way to LA and played 3 of his titles with shaq? See you either use the argument for all or dont use it period

if durant was drafted by the warriors and led them with curry/dray/klay then it would be ok right? totally legit logic

also curry with klay and dray begged durant to join even saying he would take a backseat to durant... should we hold this against curry as well? i mean begging the 2nd best player in basketball to help you take down 1 guy is a little silly isnt it? does this now mean lebron--------> MJ considering MJ was never so god like that an arguable top 3 player along with 2 other top 15 players at the time had to beg a top 2 player to come help them beat big bad lebron.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.

I just love how people only use things that fit their narrative when it means ******** all over durant lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast