Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the G.O.A.T at their absolute peak?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Durant

3 27.27%
  • Stephen Curry

3 27.27%
  • Kobe Bryant

0 0%
  • Dwyane Wade

3 27.27%
  • Kevin Garnett

0 0%
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo

0 0%
  • Julius Erving

0 0%
  • Bill Walton

0 0%
  • Oscar Robertson

0 0%
  • Elgin Baylor

0 0%
  • Jerry West

0 0%
  • Charles Barkley

1 9.09%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

0 0%
  • Karl Malone

0 0%
  • David Robinson

0 0%
  • James Harden

0 0%
  • Isiah Thomas

0 0%
  • Scottie Pippen

0 0%
  • Rick Barry

1 9.09%
  • John Havlicek

0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

0 0%
  • Allen Iverson

0 0%
  • Steve Nash

0 0%
  • Chris Paul

0 0%
  • John Stockton

0 0%
  • Patrick Ewing

0 0%
  • Willis Reed

0 0%
  • Russell Westbrook

0 0%
  • Clyde Drexler

0 0%
  • Bob McAdoo

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Still Wade. He has several legitimate cases, including the 2006 finals, the most dominant performance since the merger of the NBA and ABA; the 2010 playoffs, when he was putting up 33 points, 6.8 assists, 5.6 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 1.6 blocks and 40% from three on 7.4 a game; or his monstrous 2008-09 season.
    does wade have multiple or any seasons better than durants best?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he def should but people are stupid tbh... they worry about his decision to leave but ignore the teams around jordan/magic/kobes and so on down the list.... hell if anything duncan should be the goat then... duncan won how many rings with parker and gino? imagine if he had pippen or kobe or so on down the list... jesus
    I like how people get mad at KD going to the Warriors because it made them a “cheat code” but don’t give him the props at being one of the top 12 talents ever in a “one game takes all” list. Not like GS got Horford or Oladipo. With the exception of Lebron (who went #2), Durant was the only guy that would have pissed people off to that level.

He was a snake and **** him for that but in one game where his coach/teammates are random, I can’t think of anyone over him that still hasn’t been taken (and a few who have).

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I like how people get mad at KD going to the Warriors because it made them a “cheat code” but don’t give him the props at being one of the top 12 talents ever in a “one game takes all” list. Not like GS got Horford or Oladipo. With the exception of Lebron (who went #2), Durant was the only guy that would have pissed people off to that level.

He was a snake and **** him for that but in one game where his coach/teammates are random, I can’t think of anyone over him that still hasn’t been taken (and a few who have).
    durant is a ***** no doubt but i dont just ignore the talent and skill because he is a ***** like others... its amazing how people are about to vote wade over KD when KD is far better peak wise/skill wise/currently and will continue to be and will end up a top 10 player ever... do i agree with the move KD made? Nope... do i understand it? Your ****ing right I do... we are in a league where rings-----------> everything else with no questions asked... duncan had the goat coach... kobe had shaq.... jordan had everything and we are butthurt because durant couldnt win with a westy who by the way pg13 wanted out from and so very many more

the way we measure guys is hilariously awful and the butthurt we hold for certain guys is just as bad... durant peak is insanity and we are taking about wade over him? gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Absolutely hilarious that Kawhi is already voted for. Completely ruins this. Dude hasn't even gotten an MVP.
    Look how good the raptors still are without him.

He's great but he's been on stacked teams his entire career. Since he was a rookie.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    He’s won multiple MVPs when it mattered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

he def should but people are stupid tbh... they worry about his decision to leave but ignore the teams around jordan/magic/kobes and so on down the list.... hell if anything duncan should be the goat then... duncan won how many rings with parker and gino? imagine if he had pippen or kobe or so on down the list... jesus
    I mean Duncan is a top 7 player or so for a reason lol

Please never compare those other players teams to the te KD joined. I know you love to love KD because it helps your narrative that Curry is a horrible player but this is ridiculous. Take Jordan, Kobe, Magic away from any team they were ever on and they win a total of zero rings and never do they win 60+ games much less 73. Unfortunately we will never know what a prime KD could do because during his prime he was either bowing out and blowing a 3-1 lead like a ***** or he was getting the same attention as TJ Warren.....***** please, this isn't a comparison man. KD should not be in the discussion yet.

Rippin' lips son!!

I don’t see how someone can think this when he’s never won a championship when the odds weren’t completely stacked in his favor and he choked away a 3-1 series lead.

does wade have multiple or any seasons better than durants best?
    What Wade did in 2006 as a whole ***** on anything KD ever did, prove me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He’s won multiple MVPs when it mattered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both are pretty average though and the 1st should’ve went to Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I'm convinced Walton would be better than Russell in the modern game.
    Why do you adjust this comparison for the modern game?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I don’t see how someone can think this when he’s never won a championship when the odds weren’t completely stacked in his favor and he choked away a 3-1 series lead.
    That Mavs in ‘06 weren’t some colossal juggernaut. I’d imagine you’d have Dirk higher because of him taking down your boy + the #2 guy on this list before you’d pick someone who bested the Mavs in ‘06.

BTW, are you still denying that you’re Wad3?

That Mavs in ‘06 weren’t some colossal juggernaut. I’d imagine you’d have Dirk higher because of him taking down your boy + the #2 guy on this list before you’d pick someone who bested the Mavs in ‘06.

BTW, are you still denying that you’re Wad3?
    What point are you trying to make? KD has never won a championship when the odds weren’t stacked completely in his favor. No I wouldn’t because Wades performance was more impressive and Wade outplayed Dirk in 2011, he just couldn’t carry LeBrons dead body to close it out.

You’re obsessed with “Wad3” that is not who I am and this has actually already been discussed with the mods after giannis was saying this, more than most can vouch for that too. Idk what he did to you but I hope you all are able to kiss and make up one day.

Absolutely hilarious that Kawhi is already voted for. Completely ruins this. Dude hasn't even gotten an MVP.

He's great but he's been on stacked teams his entire career. Since he was a rookie.

Agreed. He walked into a perfect situation, can rest at will as "the man", his roster support is Larry/Magic level in that he continually has championship level support, and the dude has never been a guy I would pick as THE best player.

Not even sure how he was voted so high, but that is why voting is interesting..

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Agreed. He walked into a perfect situation, can rest at will as "the man", his roster support is Larry/Magic level in that he continually has championship level support, and the dude has never been a guy I would pick as THE best player.

Not even sure how he was voted so high, but that is why voting is interesting..
    There's some confusion on what peak means, its mostly who you would take to win a game today. Peak Kawhi has the skill set to play with everyone, has few holes in his game and has consistently raised his level of play every post season.

His playoff production is elite, who goes ahead?

You're taking this player at his best, in a playoff level atmosphere. Regular season isn't as important so mvps are irrelevant. Its why wade has a case too, he's not exactly durable either.

Then you throw in the OP saying we're building a team and quite frankly, Kawhi can be a legendary go to guy or the greatest 3 and D guy of all time, put that guy on the warriors instead of kd and you would have seen true dominance and curry would've looked even better. Damn shame they didn't trade kd for kawhi that final year.

Raptors did have some guys continue to improve but the playoffs are where they will be measured most. In the loffs they needed Kawhi greatly, I'd argue they beat a superior team in philly and Milwaukee but its debatable

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast