Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Mets @ Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    You just answered your own question, you brought up Cespedes
    Haha.
    Except Puig looking for another deal, he'll be on good behavior for 2 months, like 2015 Ces.
    Team sucks anyway, don't think it hurts short term

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Except Puig looking for another deal, he'll be on good behavior for 2 months, like 2015 Ces.
    Team sucks anyway, don't think it hurts short term
    I would sign Puig too. We can use the depth with Cespedes gone and these guys going down tonight. If he's coronavirus negative, why not?

deGrom is a HOFer imo as well. The only way he doesn't win a Cy Young this year is injury or one or two terrible starts hurting him in a small sample size. He's clearly the best pitcher in the NL and its not close imo. His stuff this year is nastier than it was the last 2 seasons.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-04-2020 at 02:34 PM.

I like the Puig idea as well. In addition to his bat, he brings improved outfield D and speed. Cost would be minimal, and he might play his *** off for a contract for next year. Also, maybe for once the Mets get a player a rival let go of and he destroys them.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Itís really unbelievable what deGrom is doing this season. His fastball velocity is up 2 MPH and he hit 101 mph at 32 years old.

Honestly I think deGrom could probably pitch until heís 40 because the mileage on his arm is still relatively low even though he had TJ surgery once already. He can still pitch well with lower velocity.

Yeah, deGrom seems to be one of those guys like Verlander that can pitch late in their career even after they hit a bump in their mid 30ís.

Unlike a lot f Pitchers DeGrom didnít throw a lot of innings early in his career or in his 20ís. Iíve always felt he pitches like he is 5 years younger than his actual age if that makes sense lol. I think he is one of those rare pitchers who will still be elite later into his 30ís

Yep, agreed. The Mets drafted him at 22 years old and he barely pitched up to that point. Then he had TJ and missed his first season. Heís such a great athlete with excellent mechanics that heís able to repeat as well as any pitcher in the game.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425