Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Cespedes opts out for the season

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/teams/new_york_mets/19

This will undoubtedly create an opportunity for D. Smith to be in the lineup every day. He should be playing 1st base and Alonso should be the DH. Smith is a much better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/teams/new_york_mets/19

This will undoubtedly create an opportunity for D. Smith to be in the lineup every day. He should be playing 1st base and Alonso should be the DH. Smith is a much better defender.
    Thanks for the alert. In other news, Apple announced the release of the iPhone.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

I think in the short run this helps the Mets but it might hurt them in September.

Cespedes would have probably struggled deeper into August and those at-bats will go mostly to Dom Smith and J.D. Davis which should help.

But Iíd guess that Cespedes would have found his stroke by September and would have been able to carry the team as in the past when he got in a groove. We shall never know.

Nimmo said that he has heard two different things regarding how Cespedes left, one that his agents actually called the Mets before the game to tell them he was opting out.

So it could easily be the Mets decided to make Cespedes the bad guy here as we all know they have a long history of ******** on players on their way out.

No player has said anything bad about him, so again we may not know the whole story being that the Mets have a shady history regarding our going players.

Thankfully the Wilpons will be gone soon. You know its bad when Brandon Nimmo doesn't believe his own organization in regards to what happened to Yoenis. I'm sad Cespedes is gone but I get it. One of the odder tenures in baseball history on one team for sure. Helps get them to a WS, and a WC game, misses 2 years, then comes back to play a handful of games before opting out in a pandemic shortened year.

Why was Dom Smith playing left field yesterday?

Wasn't watching. Who was the DH?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nimmo said that he has heard two different things regarding how Cespedes left, one that his agents actually called the Mets before the game to tell them he was opting out.

So it could easily be the Mets decided to make Cespedes the bad guy here as we all know they have a long history of ******** on players on their way out.

No player has said anything bad about him, so again we may not know the whole story being that the Mets have a shady history regarding our going players.
    Yup. Anyone who doesnít think the Mets went out of their way to dog a player on his way out for no reason hasnít paid any attention to this organization for several years.

This is the Jeff Wilpon MO. He makes **** up and talks **** about a person when they have their back turned to him. Heís such a cowardly little *****.

These ****ers canít get out soon enough. Whatever money they get in the sale I hope they lose in another pyramid scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

It was a last minute change. McNeill was to play LF until the late scratch when he had back problems.

Dom should be an everyday player now that Cespedes is out of the picture. He should be designated the starting 1st baseman without question. Let Alonso be the DH. Our defense must improve.

This will undoubtedly create an opportunity for D.
    That's what my girlfriend says every time I work late.