Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cardinals Players Test Positive for Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Call up the taxi squad guys and keep moving

Every club is going to have folks positive eventually, and that ir course increases the risk of someone becoming seriously ill. More cases naturally means more chances of severe illness. Hell, Freddie Freeman was about ro the point of needing hospitalization when he had it prior to reporting to Braves summer camp/spring training 2.0

And because of that danger, I see no way the season completes if MLB actually has peoples' wellbeing in mind.

That's a big yikes from me. At some point it's gonna be hard to spin a multi team outbreak as okay.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    That's a big yikes from me. At some point it's gonna be hard to spin a multi team outbreak as okay.
    Yep!. Does Vegas have odds on MLB actually finishing the season? Seems like it will be difficult to get through this in a no bubble, travel from city to city format.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yep!. Does Vegas have odds on MLB actually finishing the season? Seems like it will be difficult to get through this in a no bubble, travel from city to city format.
    Not exactly worded like that but there is a +360 saying no the MLB season won't be suspended and a -575 that the MLB season will be suspended. 😬

i simply don't understand how this is happening. A covid test can be administered each game with results back in a few hours. Major league teams can find out who has covid and who doesn't after each game. With a strict mask mandate in place there should be no reason why anyone should have covid

They're definitely not getting results within hours with the system in place.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    i simply don't understand how this is happening. A covid test can be administered each game with results back in a few hours. Major league teams can find out who has covid and who doesn't after each game. With a strict mask mandate in place there should be no reason why anyone should have covid
    I dont think you've watched much this year. A lot of players aren't wearing masks and they are high-fiving and hugging and all that celebratory action. Then we can't see what they do off the field. Its easy to see why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    They aren't or at least prior to these 2 outbreaks weren't even testing everyday.

Official word from MLB: 13 new positive tests for COVID-19, seven players, six staff members. Tentative plan is for team to resume season Friday in St. Louis against the Cubs.

so the Phillies are playing their first game in over a week...yet had no covid positives?
    even when your team seemingly does everything right, you can still be penalized
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Stylist cut Cardinal pitcher's hair the day he started having COVID-19 symptoms; wasn't contacted after positive test

Cardinals reliever Ryan Helsley was one of the players who tested positive for COVID-19. A local hair stylist told News 4 she cut the pitcher's hair the day he started exhibiting symptoms and was never contacted by Helsley or the team.

Bailey Dowell works at a salon in downtown St. Louis.

“I was trying to give them a chance to do the right thing,” Dowell said, explaining she was frustrated to find out about Helsley’s positive COVID tests through social media.

“You had tweeted about it and that he had reported a low-grade fever and my friend had sent a screenshot of your tweet,” Dowell told News 4’s Brooke Grimsley.

Dowell said Helsley came in Thursday at 11 a.m., which is the same day the Cardinals said he began exhibiting coronavirus symptoms. The hair stylist said she didn’t know who he was when he showed up. He was a first time client.

"I did ask what he did and he simply said baseball didn't say specifically of course. i do remember specifically asking about had he been in contact with anybody or if he knew anybody close to him who have had COVID and he did say no to me, and thinking back on it that's one of my frustrations," she said.

Dowell said that she provided him with her contact information to make further appointments so she's struggling to understand why there's been no contact from him or the team about the exposure.
    https://www.kmov.com/sports/st_louis...f828c5d71.html

Welp. Ryan Helsley is a certified piece of ****.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Don't the teams have their own stylists anyway? They shouldn't be going out getting haircuts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast