Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will the Series Go?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

0 0%
  • Sox Win Two

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chicago White Sox (2-4) vs. Kansas City Royals (3-4) | 7/31 - 8/02

Chicago White Sox (2-4) vs. Kansas City Royals (3-4)
    Kauffman Stadium - Kansas City, MO. | 7/31 - 8/02

Friday July 31, 2020 @ 7:05pm CT on NBCSN
    Dallas Keuchel, LHP (1-0 3.38 ERA) vs. Kris Bubic, LHP (0-0)

White Sox: The veteran Southpaw's White Sox debut was a strong one, as he allowed two runs over 5-1/3 innings in beating the Twins on Saturday. Keuchel is 2-1 with a 3.79 ERA lifetime at Kaufmann Stadium.
    Royals: The 22-year-old left-hander has never pitched above Class A. "We'll let him have an opportunity," manager Mike Matheny said. "I'm excited to watch him. He's shown us he's ready. He was phenomenal last year. Everything we saw has shown us he's ready."

Saturday August 1, 2020 @ 6:05pm CT on NBCSN
    Gio Gonzalez, LHP (0-0 14.73 ERA) vs. TBD

White Sox: Gonzalez yielded six runs over 3-2/3 innings Sunday against the Twins, pitching in relief for the injured Lopez. The veteran Southpaw returns to the rotation in Lopez's absence.

Sunday August 2, 2020 @ 1:05pm CT on NBCSN
    Dylan Cease, RHP (0-1 15.43 ERA) vs. TBD

White Sox: It was not the first start Cease wanted against Cleveland, as he had trouble locating his fastball while allowing four runs over 2-1/3 innings, including two home runs. Cease had just one strike out.
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 07-31-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Madrigal called up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to get another year of service time, but man was it rough watching delmonico play. Not expecting a lot from Madrigal, hopefully just shores up the defense.

Also, can we eliminate the series threads? rather just see a season long one. Not enough chatter in here anyways.

Leury was kind of trash on defense at 2B so far. Didnít seem to have much range. Kept letting balls get through the infield on what I thought were very playable balls. He had awkward dives. Didnít seem comfortable. With that said, heís a solid back of the order bat, and a solid defensive OFíer, so Madrigals contact rate, speed, and defense should make us better right off the bat. If he actually hits for his career average or at least close to it, thatís a huge plus.

shorvath has a point DaSox. Just one like the last two years is good enough.

Us fans here are more pre/post reaction posts from in game post.

Don't want to harp but 1st even though thank God Lopez is on the DL, we are not winning this (and no need, a 60 games playing only 9 teams with a NCCA Bball type of playoffs) with Roden and Gonzalez being the pick the # 4 for the playoff run. Gopher ball pitcher period. Cease is young but we need Trevor Bauer type patience on him. With Kopech back next year and a smart #5 signing will get us there, just we enjoy the games left and no biggie if no playoffs.......IMO.......otherwise you are really desperate to see something after 05.

Or want NOW to one up NOW the fans of Boys Town team that seen a lucky win because Tito thought he could survive the playoffs with a 3 man starting rotation without his #2 and #3 Carassco and Salazar.

Meaning in this ****ed up season Dallas and Lucas can't carry the load in a expanded playoffs setting shorten season.

I disagree but more so out of optimism that out of actual results.Cease ,Lopez and Rodon have a high enough ceiling to hope we can get a number 3 and 4 out of them come playoff time.

Lopez a little less than the other two, but that is where my optimism stems from.

In addition , the Sox could potentially acquire another starter if necessary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 07-31-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This team hasn't proven anything but man, Hahn built a hell of a roster from nothing just a couple of years ago.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    shorvath has a point DaSox. Just one like the last two years is good enough.

Us fans here are more pre/post reaction posts from in game post.

Don't want to harp but 1st even though thank God Lopez is on the DL, we are not winning this (and no need, a 60 games playing only 9 teams with a NCCA Bball type of playoffs) with Roden and Gonzalez being the pick the # 4 for the playoff run. Gopher ball pitcher period. Cease is young but we need Trevor Bauer type patience on him. With Kopech back next year and a smart #5 signing will get us there, just we enjoy the games left and no biggie if no playoffs.......IMO.......otherwise you are really desperate to see something after 05.

Or want NOW to one up NOW the fans of Boys Town team that seen a lucky win because Tito thought he could survive the playoffs with a 3 man starting rotation without his #2 and #3 Carassco and Salazar.

Meaning in this ****ed up season Dallas and Lucas can't carry the load in a expanded playoffs setting shorten season.
    I agree with patience on young pitchers. Max Scherzer on his early days cane up hyped like crazy and struggled quite a bit. Bauer was hyped in a similar way. Iím not looking at stats at the moment but Iíd say he took a little longer to figure it out. Kluber took til like 26/27 b4 he broke out. Thatís why I am super optimistic on Giolito. He struggled early but figured things out faster than a lot of really good pitchers

Nice win Friday and Keuchel from reading the looked like he did a good job allowing only 2 runs on 7 hits in 5,1 innings.

Blame no offense on the optimism, just saying if we lose games the big picture is just playing games for experience for the young mainly Robert and Jimenez.

Seems like the Sox are going to cruise to a 4-4 record just like that.

Click here to register!

Robert needs to lead off every game. His bat is absolutely elite.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Robert needs to lead off every game. His bat is absolutely elite.

I would love him to be the leadoff hitter.

Up 2-1 in the 5th, maybe we can get a road sweep in kc!

Number one batting average in baseball.

Click here to register!

And...9-2 win

Sweep and all concerns after the 1-4 stumble are gone!

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    And...9-2 win

Sweep and all concerns after the 1-4 stumble are gone!

I get your enthusiasm....They swept KC, as they should now if they sweep the brewers we got something going. As far as the lineup goes ,they're all starting to click, even Reneria can't screw that up!
    Now pitching is a bit of a concern to me without Koepch, Gio and DK will be fine, the rest especially Gonzalez I worry.

I wouldn't mind seeing the number 1 pick brought soon!!!! He can handle the big boys!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast