Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Red Sox @ Yankees July 31, Aug 1-2.

One of the best rivalries in baseball is set to get underway on Friday as the Boston Red Sox will travel to Yankees Stadium to take on the Yankees. Whenever these two AL East foes take the field, records can be thrown out the window as these two make it personal.

For the Red Sox, they have gotten off to a bit of a slow start. They have lost four of their first six games, and their starting rotation is making even the most die-hard Red Sox fan a bit worried. Boston will hope that the pitching can do enough and that their offense can give them a spark.

For the Yankees, they have won four of their first five games and seem to be rolling. Prized offseason acquisition Gerrit Cole is already 2-0, and their offense has been clicking.

Fri, Jul 31 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: NESN, YES, MLBN

Ryan Weber
    RHP
    0-1, 14.73 ERA, 0 SO
    Weber makes his second start of the season after allowing six earned runs over 3 2/3 innings in a July 26 loss to the Orioles. Weber has made three career appearances against the Yankees -- all in relief -- posting a 2.84 ERA over 6 1/3 innings.

Jordan Montgomery
    LHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Montgomery will be recalled to make his season debut. He was a camp standout this spring and summer, appearing all the way back from Tommy John surgery. Montgomery appeared in two big league games (one start) last year.

Sat, Aug 1 • 7:07 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: FOX

RHP
    0-0, 0.00 ERA, 7 SO
    Godley will serve as Boston's opener in his second appearance of 2020. The right-hander, who joined the club on a Minor League deal in mid-July, struck out seven over four innings of scoreless relief against the Mets on July 27.

Masahiro Tanaka
    RHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Tanaka has recovered from a concussion sustained on July 4. The veteran struggled mightily against the Red Sox last year, permitting 22 earned runs in eight innings (24.75 ERA), including a disastrous start during the London Series.

Sun, Aug 2 • 7:08 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium
    TV: ESPN

TBD

James Paxton
    LHP
    0-1, 27.00 ERA, 1 SO
    Paxton is aiming to rebound after recording only three outs in a 41-pitch start against the Nationals on July 25. Making his return from back surgery performed in February, Paxton permitted three runs and five hits in the Yanks' 9-2 loss.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Apparently some guy named Matt Hall is starting Sunday night for Boston. Their rotation is a joke.

Boston is going for a top 5 pick. I'm really looking forward to seeing Monty and Tanaka start. I really hope Paxton can have a huge bounce back start

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Very cool Gumby gets the start.
    I will be watching on NESN as I know live north of ****way park.
    I would like to beat the sox every gam this year

Ignorance is bliss

Hopefully we can sweep and bury those cheating bastards NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Boston is going for a top 5 pick. I'm really looking forward to seeing Monty and Tanaka start. I really hope Paxton can have a huge bounce back start
    Teams like the Yanks and RedSox can reset quickly. There are no 5 year seasons of 90+ losses.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Holy crap, could Crane be a bigger *****?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/jim-cr...ating-problem/

“I think [MLB] had a bigger problem than everybody realized,’’ Crane told USA Today. “Two other teams [the Yankees and Red Sox] were doing things and got caught, but we’re the ones who took the bullet. That’s the way it works. I’m not trying to blame anyone else. It was our problem. We dealt with it.”

Talk about a *****.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Holy crap, could Crane be a bigger *****?

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/jim-cr...ating-problem/

“I think [MLB] had a bigger problem than everybody realized,’’ Crane told USA Today. “Two other teams [the Yankees and Red Sox] were doing things and got caught, but we’re the ones who took the bullet. That’s the way it works. I’m not trying to blame anyone else. It was our problem. We dealt with it.”

Talk about a *****.
    Sounds like he is blaming someone else.

Excited to see Monty, hopefully he has success in this short season that he can build on next year. He could become a very reliable piece for this team for years to come. He could become a very solid 3rd/4th starter.

Sources: Yankees' Aroldis Chapman cleared to return
    2:20 PM ET
    Marly Rivera
    ESPN Writer

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...cleared-return
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin
    “The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.” --- Seneca

Thats good about Chappy but the news on Tommy K isn't good. I see a trade for an elite reliever in our future

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thats good about Chappy but the news on Tommy K isn't good. I see a trade for an elite reliever in our future
    10-day IL with a right ulnar collateral ligament injury. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Excited to see Monty, hopefully he has success in this short season that he can build on next year. He could become a very reliable piece for this team for years to come. He could become a very solid 3rd/4th starter.
    Same. He has all the tools Pettitte had if he can hit his spots and stay low in the zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monty really looks good so far

That was a hell of a play by Judge, the kid has a cannon

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast