Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialEdition View Post
    He has been hot lately, and who knows how long this Lefty pitches. Phegley for his career has been brutal.
    Happ has a career 85 wRC+ against LHP. Happ has been hot against RHP. Phegley had a 121 wRC+ against LHP last year and a 95 in his career. Phegley is simply a better option against LHP. Either way.

You just pinch hit for Phegley when a RHP is on the mound. Donsies. You don't start Happ because later a RHP might be on the mound. Then you get best of both worlds. Phegs against LHP, and Happ against RHP.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 08-02-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Happ has a career 85 wRC+ against LHP. Happ has been hot against RHP. Phegley had a 121 wRC+ against LHP last year and a 95 in his career. Phegley is simply a better option against LHP. Either way.

You just pinch hit for Phegley when a RHP is on the mound. Donsies. You don't start Happ because later a RHP might be on the mound.
    They have almost the exact same career OPS vs LHP. You could also get Happ's glove in the field as bonus.

Javy always in the right place at the right time

They have almost the exact same career OPS vs LHP. You could also get Happ's glove in the field as bonus.
    Right. Thats why OPS isn't as good as wRC+. They don't have almost the same wRc+ because the reason it exists is because OPS has a lot of flaws and this fixes that. Phegley is better.

Phegley is DH. His glove won't matter. You have Almora in CF who's got a better glove and Souza who should be much better against LHP.

Again. The lineup is fine with Phegley at DH. You can pinch hit Happ for Almora or Souza or Phegley when you get a RHP.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Right. Thats why OPS isn't as good as wRC+. They don't have almost the same wRc+ because the reason it exists is because OPS has a lot of flaws and this fixes that. Phegley is better.

Phegley is DH. His glove won't matter. You have Almora in CF who's got a better glove and Souza who should be much better against LHP.

Again. The lineup is fine with Phegley at DH. You can pinch hit Happ for Almora or Souza or Phegley when you get a RHP.

All stats have flaws. We could argue OPS+ might be better than wRc.

The point is Happ is not forced to be a DH in the field, while Phegley is forced to DH.

Ok who is this guy and what did he do to Steven Brault ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Why the **** are we struggling against this scrub

I know Brault was just to be an opener, but the way he is mowing Cubs down, he may go 6 innings or more. Looking way better than Lester thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Ok who is this guy and what did he do to Steven Brault ?

I swear Brault always had poor numbers and he is usually a little wild, but he looks awesome today. I figured he would be lucky to get through 2 innings.

The point is Happ is not forced to be a DH in the field, while Phegley is forced to DH.
    The problem with OPS/OPS+ is that it overly weighs slugging percentage over on base%. It's literally why wOBA and wRC+ were conceived is to correct for that.

I mean you CAN argue things. But its like arguing a boat with a motor is inferior to a boat with only a sail. The reason we have the motor is to fix the inherent flaws of a sail. Youd be wrong.

OPS doesn't weigh SLG and OBP equally. OPS+ doesn't do that, either. wRC+ does.

Its not really a debate.

I'm developing a man crush on Ketel Marte. Just had to throw that out there.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

NC with 2 homer’s today
    Is it possible that he has just reach another level as a hitter compare to what he was with the Tigers ?

El Mago

NC with 2 homer’s today
    Is it possible that he has just reach another level as a hitter compare to what he was with the Tigers ?

It's certainly possible. I thought the dimensions of Wrigley would be good for him and they were. But he always drones on about actually playing for something bringing out the best from him and there might be some truth to that.

NC with 2 homer’s today

I keep imagining what it would be like had the Cubs resigned him and he was their DH for the year

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast