Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Definitely a tough call, but also a good problem to have. We have finally lots of depth.

Quote Originally Posted by WiGi1 View Post
    I understand why Wade was sent down but I canít say Iím a big fan of this. He was benginning to settle in the lead off spot and not a bad outfielder. Heís certainly got my respect and I think he will be back soon.
    I don't at all, he's been a major sparkplug for this team. Didn't see what the swap was yet but I'll come right out and say that it's a poor decision. Wade earned a spot on this team with his play.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I don't at all, he's been a major sparkplug for this team. Didn't see what the swap was yet but I'll come right out and say that it's a poor decision. Wade earned a spot on this team with his play.
    I thought it was because Dickerson and Ruf came off the IL. But as I said, I donít like this move. If someone has to be moved, itís Tauchman even though he has only one option left. Bring back Wade.

I thought it was because Dickerson and Ruf came off the IL. But as I said, I donít like this move. If someone has to be moved, itís Tauchman even though he has only one option left. Bring back Wade.
    It was. Tauchman and Dickerson better put on their A game or Wade gonna take their job.

For me, itís already settled. Tauchman is the one who should have been sent down and not Wade. They want Tauchman to be good and they think he is but it just isnít so. Wade has proved himself.

Tauchman has no minor league options left is the sticking point. Wade, on the other hand, does. Drop Tauchman and he might get grabbed by another team, drop Wade and there is no risk of losing him to another team.

I see no issue with Tauchman. Wade has been more productive. If someone wants Tauchman, well and good. Addition by subtraction. I just donít see a reason to keep him.

If he keeps playing this way I'm sure they will cut ties with him. But they want to give him a longer leash due to having no options and likely because they believe he really isn't this bad offensively. The last two years he was average to above average against RHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    If he keeps playing this way I'm sure they will cut ties with him. But they want to give him a longer leash due to having no options and likely because they believe he really isn't this bad offensively. The last two years he was average to above average against RHP.
    I agree and Iíve said all of this upthread. He isnít better than this. 10 days ago I said they should bench him and they did. Heís gotten some ABís and no change. Time to move on and bring back Wade. I see no reason to prolong this.

I agree and Iíve said all of this upthread. He isnít better than this. 10 days ago I said they should bench him and they did. Heís gotten some ABís and no change. Time to move on and bring back Wade. I see no reason to prolong this.
    He very well may not improve too much this season, but the last two years say otherwise to the bolded.

2020: .326 wOBA/106 wRC+
    2019: .344 wOBA/115 wRC+

If they end up cutting him, I won't argue against that. But I can just see why they're willing to hang onto him for a little bit longer.

He very well not improve too much this season, but the last two years say otherwise to the bolded.

2020: .326 wOBA/106 wRC+
    2019: .344 wOBA/115 wRC+

If they end up cutting him, I won't argue against that. But I can just see why they're willing to hang onto him for a little bit longer.
    Understood but the Yanks gave up on him and heís been in the Giants lineup a long time. Longer than Wade. Because of Tauchman Wade was sent down. How will this affect the top of the lineup? They now have to find a new lead off bat when it was already here. Wade wasnít the greatest but he was competitive for the spot. I know they think Tauchman will show up but hasenít he had his opportunity? How much longer will they give him and how will this affect Wade? Egos are fragile.

Understood but the Yanks gave up on him and heís been in the Giants lineup a long time. Longer than Wade. Because of Tauchman Wade was sent down. How will this affect the top of the lineup? They now have to find a new lead off bat when it was already here. Wade wasnít the greatest but he was competitive for the spot. I know they think Tauchman will show up but hasenít he had his opportunity? How much longer will they give him and how will this affect Wade? Egos are fragile.
    I imagine Duggar will be at the top tomorrow when facing RHP.

I see no issue with Tauchman. Wade has been more productive. If someone wants Tauchman, well and good. Addition by subtraction. I just donít see a reason to keep him.
    I see some reason to give him more of a leash. His grand slam and his two basically game winning catches have helped overshadow is overall abysmal hitting.

Zaidi has been ogling Tauchman from afar for years too, so I'm sure he doesn't want to be too hasty on pulling the plug.

I imagine Duggar will be at the top tomorrow when facing RHP.
    Duggar plays, Giants win. Dude is a boss.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456