Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Please refer to my last reply to you in this thread.

I swear: some of you guys can't help but make the most idiotic comparisons imaginable in your desperate attempts to show us that COVID-19 isn't that big of a deal.
    Lol youíre a joke. This is why GOP never wanted to shut down businesses but guess what! The democratic governors wanted to because the economy was so good and they wanted to make Trump look bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Of course the shut down would tank the economy, that's the entire criticism of Trump not taking any measures to combat the virus leading many places no option but to shut down in late march. Even after the breakout in NYC the dunb *** still couldn't understand what was happening and used his same ignorant approach, leading to many places having to shut down again.

If we had a good leader he would have been able to maneuver us through this with very minimal shut downs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No options??? Hahahahaha literally states with little to no cases would shut down for no reason. And they were all mostly democratic governors!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You're being willfully dense. It wasn't just one side of the aisle pushing that misinformation in an attempt to make sure that hospital workers had plenty of masks at the very beginning of this. It was (and still is) just one side acting like masks are an infringement on people's freedom.

Try again with less partisanship, smart guy.
    Maybe if democratic officials were less hypocritical people would be more willing to wear masks.

You canít go to a funeral or have a party at your house but itís ok to have 10,000 people screaming and protesting.

You canít go to a baseball game outside, gym to workout or church but itís ok to loot and tear down businesses.

People obeyed the shut down. Most people understood why it was happening and why it was needed but then you got idiotic people like governor of MI or IL who banned going out in a boat or telling you that you canít travel places and then their families were traveling out of state etc

They were over abusing their power and people got sick of it. The hypocrisy was awful and people got sick of it and donít care anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Maybe if democratic officials were less hypocritical people would be more willing to wear masks.

You canít go to a funeral or have a party at your house but itís ok to have 10,000 people screaming and protesting.

You canít go to a baseball game outside, gym to workout or church but itís ok to loot and tear down businesses.

People obeyed the shut down. Most people understood why it was happening and why it was needed but then you got idiotic people like governor of MI or IL who banned going out in a boat or telling you that you canít travel places and then their families were traveling out of state etc

They were over abusing their power and people got sick of it. The hypocrisy was awful and people got sick of it and donít care anymore

Illinois has actually handled this pandemic incredibly well lmao. JB didn't abuse his power.

Especially considering the entire country still has taken it too lightly. If the country just did a solid 6-8 week shutdown, it would be in a much better place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

People most definitely did not obey the shutdown. Thatís why people keep dying.

I live in Chicago, which was one of the first to be hit hard by this pandemic, and we are doing why far better then the southern states, now. In fact, those southern states are passing Illinois for postive testing. And that is with mass protest here. You are a very silly person and I can see why you support Trump.

Once again you are talking smack.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-01-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I live in Chicago, which was one of the first to be hit hard by this pandemic, and we are doing why far better then the southern states, now. In fact, those southern states are passing Illinois for postive testing. And that is with mass protest here. You are a very silly person and I can see why you support Trump.

Once again you are talking smack.
    The gov said no one was allowed to travel places at the same time his family was traveling out of state. Thatís what Iím talking about. Not that he did a bad job or anything but the hypocrisy that his own family wonít follow the rules he puts in place

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Illinois has actually handled this pandemic incredibly well lmao. JB didn't abuse his power.

Especially considering the entire country still has taken it too lightly. If the country just did a solid 6-8 week shutdown, it would be in a much better place.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    True that. Yet, those who didn't want to wear a mask or stay out of crowded bars continue to hurl false assumptions on those who did follow strict guidelines. I am all for Illinois to ban all non-commercial travel from these southern states to protect us from their ignorant and reckless behavior in making this a political issue instead of a medical one

What an exceptionally fine basis upon which to make your life decisions.

The gov said no one was allowed to travel places at the same time his family was traveling out of state. Thatís what Iím talking about. Not that he did a bad job or anything but the hypocrisy that his own family wonít follow the rules he puts in place

I don't care, Illinois is safer because of his policies. Trump is threatening to cut funding to schools if they don't open during a pandemic but yet he has said nothing about his own son's school closing down this fall.

Everything you complain about our governor, I do it ten times for Trump.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-01-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Speaking of the spread....and I don't know if there's really correlation to it or not, but...
    Early on it was late winter/early spring with temps that were keeping most of us northerners indoors more even without the virus. Was it, in that respect, easier for us to social distance at that point while less so in warmer climates? And maybe it was less of a problem for them then because (with limited testing to an extent then) more, especially active younger people, had it and never knew it? Meaning it was more rampant down there then resulting in more cases now but also more actually testing for it...whereas more of what existed for the virus was slowed further north? Now we're out and about with summer weather, but there's less around to spread.

Or have I been sniffing too many hot peppers while I make salsa from my garden this morning
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Those darn dems, I will not wear my mask! That will totally show them! They are so partisan!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Speaking of the spread....and I don't know if there's really correlation to it or not, but...
    Early on it was late winter/early spring with temps that were keeping most of us northerners indoors more even without the virus. Was it, in that respect, easier for us to social distance at that point while less so in warmer climates? And maybe it was less of a problem for them then because (with limited testing to an extent then) more, especially active younger people, had it and never knew it? Meaning it was more rampant down there then resulting in more cases now but also more actually testing for it...whereas more of what existed for the virus was slowed further north? Now we're out and about with summer weather, but there's less around to spread.

Or have I been sniffing too many hot peppers while I make salsa from my garden this morning
    I certainly think the weather made things easier up north this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Exactly all we heard was n95 and how that's all that works now it's any face covering. Well how come nurses didn't just use face coverings back in March.

Legit question because I really don't understand it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Where was that? Took my daughter to an appointment at northwestern in march and they only allowed one of us in and we had to be masked to be in the hospital. Nurses were all masked with face shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Exactly all we heard was n95 and how that's all that works now it's any face covering. Well how come nurses didn't just use face coverings back in March.

Legit question because I really don't understand it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    It's almost like nurses are at a higher level of risk due to their job.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast