Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 148
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,870
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    All with the same level of medical care? I get your point but sanitary conditions were horrendous during the Black Death pandemic and medical doctors were still using leeches as a medical remedy
    Yup. Almost none of the viruses on that chart have any fair comparison to COVID-19. **** from hundreds of years ago, **** that's been around for years, **** that isn't transmitted nearly as easily, etc.

    Looks more like another attempt at brushing our current situation off as no big deal.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,255
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You're ability to saturate information is as astute as your ability to be bipartisan. In other words, you don't have that ability.

    Never went after him for being a liberal. In one post I called him a zebra.

    Get your facts straight before you post. Nevermind. That'll never happen.
    it was Brewers that said I was a liberal
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yup. Almost none of the viruses on that chart have any fair comparison to COVID-19. **** from hundreds of years ago, **** that's been around for years, **** that isn't transmitted nearly as easily, etc.

    Looks more like another attempt at brushing our current situation off as no big deal.
    This isn't directed at the post I answer, but you just can't fight stupidity.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,426
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    This isn't directed at the post I answer, but you just can't fight stupidity.
    I still say it is not stupidity per se.

    It is willful ignorance.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,255
    One of my favorite couple of movies...Red and Red 2....have lots of great lines

    One kinda fits here...
    Marvin Boggs: "If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert ops."
    Frank Moses: "That's two things."
    Han Cho Bai: "No, Grasshopper, it is not."

    ......pretty much how I view stupidity and willful ignorance
    .............not to be confused with plausible deniability
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    93,549
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, you totally don't have a long history of flipping out on liberals. How on Earth could dbroncos78087 come up with such a crazy idea?
    Yes I must issue an apology.

    Dbroncs, you were the one who called him a zebra.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    SiteWolf is no conservative. Heís a liberal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    He's a zebra.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is pretty obvious from your posting. I know we've tussled on issues that tell me you're a conservative/Republican/whatever the desired descriptor. But in this moment, you aren't worshipping at the altar or drinking the proverbial Kool-Aid and thus that makes you a liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    There you go wolf. You're a liberal. So says the the most partisan person in this forum. Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Your ability to intentionally miss the point rivals he who shall not be named.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Am I wrong? Did you or did you not say that his comment made him a liberal?

    You're ability to intentionally be a partisan hack rivals no one but yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Let me break it down.

    Statement 1: responding to his post.
    Statement 2: serious comment towards his political affiliations based on past interactions.
    Statement 3: sarcasm so obvious even anyone without an agenda could tell.

    Since I know youíre being disingenuous, Iím curious if you took my third statement 100% seriously what you assumed I meant with the second. Please tel me how you reconciled those statements if you took them at face value. I beg you!
    In then proceeded to go into me pointing out what a joke was because you for some reason interpreted my sarcasm as 100% serious.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,935
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You tell me... you are the expert. I said I don't know anything about sweeden... except that it's not densely populated and they have in normal times a large degree of personal space and they are genetically less diverse. All possible reasons.

    Of course Sweeden did also ban all travel there as well. So it's not like they did nothing. They are still #8 on deaths from covid per capita... So it's not like they are a shining example. And it's not like behavior didn't change in sweeden. People still scared of death. Public health still telling people to be careful. Perhaps the big difference is in Sweeden people aren't so ****ing stupid.
    https://www.newsweek.com/sweden-whic...-spike-1521626
    Countries that did not lock down did not face a much worse situation than those that did. 3/4 of Sweden's deaths happened in nursing homes, which it was admittedly a bad idea to let the virus spread there as the type of people it kills (old, sick) were all packed tightly in them. That is why New York was so much worse than other places in the country.

    Meanwhile they're probably close to herd immunity, and won't have to do anything like administer multiple courses of vaccines for which we have no long-term studies for adverse reactions to. Evidence has proven now that lockdowns were a bad idea. We could be forgiven for wanting to flatten the curve but talking about quarantining healthy people again is nuts. Why else do you think no other country is even considering doing it?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,049
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Evidence has proven now that lockdowns were a bad idea.
    Evidence has proven that lockdowns saved the healthcare system and saved, up to this point, tens of thousands of lives.

    What's a good idea or bad idea is subjective, depends on what the goal is. If the goal is to have this slowly spread without overwhelming the healthcare system, then the lockdowns were a great idea as they are accomplishing exactly that.

    If the idea is to gain herd immunity as quickly as possible by letting this spread as fast as possible, then lockdowns were a bad idea.

    I would say looking strictly at dollars, the lockdown was necessary, if the entire nation experienced what New York experienced we'd be economically hurting a lot worse right now.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,935
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Evidence has proven that lockdowns saved the healthcare system and saved, up to this point, tens of thousands of lives.

    What's a good idea or bad idea is subjective, depends on what the goal is. If the goal is to have this slowly spread without overwhelming the healthcare system, then the lockdowns were a great idea as they are accomplishing exactly that.

    If the idea is to gain herd immunity as quickly as possible by letting this spread as fast as possible, then lockdowns were a bad idea.

    I would say looking strictly at dollars, the lockdown was necessary, if the entire nation experienced what New York experienced we'd be economically hurting a lot worse right now.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The nation wouldn't have experienced what NY did though. Outside of the nexus of the outbreak in Wuhan there has been no overwhelming of health care systems. I don't blame the governors for doing what they did for the first 2 weeks, maybe even the first month, but once it was clear nobody was going to experience what Wuhan did then we needed to open up.

    Perhaps rolling closures in urban areas could have continued if people were nervous of localized outbreaks but the notion of locking down 330 million people for months was a total mistake.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,049
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    The nation wouldn't have experienced what NY did though. Outside of the nexus of the outbreak in Wuhan there has been no overwhelming of health care systems. I don't blame the governors for doing what they did for the first 2 weeks, maybe even the first month, but once it was clear nobody was going to experience what Wuhan did then we needed to open up.

    Perhaps rolling closures in urban areas could have continued if people were nervous of localized outbreaks but the notion of locking down 330 million people for months was a total mistake.
    If we didnt lockdown then every major city would have experienced what New York did, each one on it's own specific timeline.

    We know this because you can see the daily numbers on the graphs for cities across the board change their growth patterns roughly 15 to 20 days after shut downs. So we know the shut downs had a major effect on the spread.

    Yes I agree the total lockdown was a major mistake. The first mistake was the fact that we did nothing for 2 months. The second mistake is we over reacted by doing a nationwide lockdown for almost 2 months.

    We went from one extreme, to another, and now some places swinging back to the initial extreme with sloppy re openings. Which again leads to shut downs.

    Idiots..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 07-31-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    14,598
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If we didnt lockdown then every major city would have experienced what New York did, each one on it's own specific timeline.

    We know this because you can see the daily numbers on the graphs for cities across the board change their growth patterns roughly 15 to 20 days after shut downs. So we know the shut downs had a major effect on the spread.

    Yes I agree the total lockdown was a major mistake. The first mistake was the fact that we did nothing for 2 months. The second mistake is we over reacted by doing a nationwide lockdown for almost 2 months.

    We went from one extreme, to another, and now some places swinging back to the initial extreme with sloppy re openings. Which again leads to shut downs.

    Idiots..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Lol. That's all.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,049
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Lol. That's all.
    Well said. Our govt is sitting here getting paid 6 figures to hit the snooze button every morning.

    L oh ****in L. That really is all, lol

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    14,598
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well said. Our govt is sitting here getting paid 6 figures to hit the snooze button every morning.

    L oh ****in L. That really is all, lol

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Is it really necessary to post on a daily basis what could not have been done? Seriously?

    You've literally said that you are more intelligent than every world leader except those leading China.

    I'll ask again. Would you be okay with your doors being welded shut and being fed rations for months?

    Oh my, I could only imagine the **** you'd be posting once you were actually allowed to touch your phone.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    33,049
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Is it really necessary to post on a daily basis what could not have been done? Seriously?

    You've literally said that you are more intelligent than every world leader except those leading China.

    I'll ask again. Would you be okay with your doors being welded shut and being fed rations for months?

    Oh my, I could only imagine the **** you'd be posting once you were actually allowed to touch your phone.
    What could not have been done?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Are you kidding me? Back then they were telling us masks were stupid and ineffective. That's a fact, lol.
    Exactly all we heard was n95 and how that's all that works now it's any face covering. Well how come nurses didn't just use face coverings back in March.



    Legit question because I really don't understand it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •