Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Perfect timing for this article about Sanchez and his rankings among catchers since he''s been in the leaguehttps://viewsfrom314ft.com/here-are-...-be-just-fine/
    just a few of his stats
    His 105 home runs are the most among all MLB catchers. Yasmani Grandal’s 101 are second, despite the fact Grandal has played in 178 more games than Sánchez. Salvador Pérez is in third place with 78, despite playing in 29 more games than the Kraken.
    Gary’s 121 wRC+ since the start of 2016 is the highest among all Major League catchers.
    His .514 slugging percentage is .39 points higher than the catcher in second place (Evan Gattis).
    Gary’s .269 isolated power is also .39 points higher than the catcher in second place (Evan Gattis, again).
    Sánchez’s .840 OPS is tops in baseball by .17 points higher than second place, 29 points higher than third place, 24 points higher than fourth place, and 42 points higher than fifth place.
    His .352 wOBA is also tops in baseball. His .387 expected wOBA is – stop me if you’ve heard this before – the highest in baseball.
    Among all catchers since 2016, Gary’s 91.3 mph average exit velocity is the highest in the league. It is also 31st highest out of all 360 qualified players, regardless of position.
    His 493-foot home run in August 2017 traveled 17 feet further than next closest non-Gary catcher. He has also hit a ball 481 feet. That looks like this.
    His 11.6 fWAR ranks 5th out of the group despite playing in 131 fewer games than all but one catcher (Tyler Flowers) ahead of him.
    Despite all this, his .264 BABIP ranks 30th out of 34 qualified catchers. This suggests, in fact, that he’s been unlucky.

I'm all for exploring deals for Sanchez if that means we'll get another elite player back but, lets not act like he's the worst catcher in baseball or he has no trade value

He is a good home run hitter , hence the high war , slugging. % and homerun totals . None of those stats show how good of a CATCHER he is . I do agree he is worth something in a trade but to expect equal value for him in a trade is stretching it because everyone knows he will be at the very least a part time dh within the next 3 years , that is why the Yankees signed all those prospect catchers that they have and why they say they should be ready in 3 years .

Simple--ask MLB for a "do-over" for the off -season and keep Romine and release Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Who cares what they can get for Sanchez , They need to move on from him. ASAP because there is no way they should be stuck with 3 part time dhs .

Obviously they don't agree with you. What a shock that must be, huh?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Simple--ask MLB for a "do-over" for the off -season and keep Romine and release Gary.

And the ideas just go from dumb to dumber.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    And the ideas just go from dumb to dumber.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I agree 100%

Send that stiff and his .000 packing!

Perfect timing for this article about Sanchez and his rankings among catchers since he''s been in the leaguehttps://viewsfrom314ft.com/here-are-...-be-just-fine/
    just a few of his stats
    His 105 home runs are the most among all MLB catchers. Yasmani Grandal’s 101 are second, despite the fact Grandal has played in 178 more games than Sánchez. Salvador Pérez is in third place with 78, despite playing in 29 more games than the Kraken.
    Gary’s 121 wRC+ since the start of 2016 is the highest among all Major League catchers.
    His .514 slugging percentage is .39 points higher than the catcher in second place (Evan Gattis).
    Gary’s .269 isolated power is also .39 points higher than the catcher in second place (Evan Gattis, again).
    Sánchez’s .840 OPS is tops in baseball by .17 points higher than second place, 29 points higher than third place, 24 points higher than fourth place, and 42 points higher than fifth place.
    His .352 wOBA is also tops in baseball. His .387 expected wOBA is – stop me if you’ve heard this before – the highest in baseball.
    Among all catchers since 2016, Gary’s 91.3 mph average exit velocity is the highest in the league. It is also 31st highest out of all 360 qualified players, regardless of position.
    His 493-foot home run in August 2017 traveled 17 feet further than next closest non-Gary catcher. He has also hit a ball 481 feet. That looks like this.
    His 11.6 fWAR ranks 5th out of the group despite playing in 131 fewer games than all but one catcher (Tyler Flowers) ahead of him.
    Despite all this, his .264 BABIP ranks 30th out of 34 qualified catchers. This suggests, in fact, that he’s been unlucky.

I'm all for exploring deals for Sanchez if that means we'll get another elite player back but, lets not act like he's the worst catcher in baseball or he has no trade value
    I knew we'd be hearing from you, eventually, on sanchez, lol. My question to you is, what are you willing to pay Gary after next season, in order, to keep him? Gary is going to want, at least 7 years, minimum. This for a guy i could easily see hitting .180-200 after he turns 30. Even if you don't agree, Gary is very likely going to be a terrible hitter moving forward. The last thing you want is to lock in a player like that. That's why it makes sense to trade him right now. I've been saying this for 2 off seasons now. Get rid of Gary and let Higgy play. You lose a bit of power, but Higgy is no slouch, the difference in offensive output is probably not as big as ppl may think.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    I knew we'd be hearing from you, eventually, on sanchez, lol. My question to you is, what are you willing to pay Gary after next season, in order, to keep him? Gary is going to want, at least 7 years, minimum. This for a guy i could easily see hitting .180-200 after he turns 30. Even if you don't agree, Gary is very likely going to be a terrible hitter moving forward. The last thing you want is to lock in a player like that. That's why it makes sense to trade him right now. I've been saying this for 2 off seasons now. Get rid of Gary and let Higgy play. You lose a bit of power, but Higgy is no slouch, the difference in offensive output is probably not as big as ppl may think.
    I have no idea what i'd offer Gary 5yrs 60m might be an over pay right now. If he gets locked in, stays healthy the next 2yrs and produces at the same rate as last yr, he hit 34hrs in just over a 100 games, then he becomes alot more valuable.

I think the writing is on the wall that the Yanks aren't sold on Sanchez being their catcher for the next 5+ yrs. In the last few yrs the Yanks have used 2 1st round picks, 1 2nd round pick and a 7 figure bonus to sign the top IFA catcher. If the Yanks felt secure at the C position, i just don't see them using that much draft capital and financial resources to bring in so many top catching specs to the system

I no longer see Sanchez as a huge needed member of this teams core. I'm all for exploring deals that include him if we can get the right return. If they could somehow package him with whatever else for Lindor or another TORP then i'd be all good with it but thinking he has little to no value is ludicrous

Another reason i think they need to explore moving Sanchez is i don't think were ever going to see that lineup at maxium potential when u have 3 guys in Judge, Sanchez and Stanton a ll with really high k%. Judge is the homegrown face of the franchise and is showing right now why you keep him around. Stanton and his 22.5 AAV and N/T clause make him almost impossible to move. That leave Sanchez who still is a top 5 catcher in baseball and could instantly add a huge power source to a lineup from typically weak offensive position. His value also went way, way up to NL teams now they have the DH

If they were able to make an in season trade for Sanchez they would absolutely have to acquire another at least league average catcher because i would hate for a rookie in Higgy as our only legit catching option. I don't think Higgy is anywhere close to being ready to be our primary catcher and i especially wouldn't trust him to call elite games in the playoffs because he has zero experience

I'm starting to believe Sanchez can't fours so heavily on the defense because his offense take a huge hit. At times since he has been called up Sanchez has looked like the best hitter on the team, then he get bogged down with injuries and focusing so hard on his defense we start seeing from him exactly what he going through now.

I would just love to see 1 healthy yr from Sanchez where he wasn't the primary catcher and could just concentrate on his offense. I think u would easily see a better yr than the monster 2017 season he had

Why not teach Andujar and or Frazier to catch for next season ? Talk about extra versatilty and with their bats they would surely be valuable

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Why not teach Andujar and or Frazier to catch for next season ? Talk about extra versatilty and with their bats they would surely be valuable
    There is no way they would be MLB ready defensively by next year

Or ever!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

You mean they wouldn't be Sanchez level by next year ?

Again if realmuto becomes a free agent , the yanks would be fools to not go after him .

With Sanchez already on board, them using 2 1st round picks on catchers, a 2nd round pick and a 7 figureIFA signing bonus all in the last couple yrs i doubt they sign a 30-31 yr old Realmuto to a long term, expensive contract like he is going to require. Catchers over 30,especially bat first catchers tend to become 1st baseman sooner rather than later. I'm not apposed to moving on from Sanchez but i just don't see the Yanks giving Realmuto a 4-5 plus yr deal at 20m+.

With all the questions about the rotation next yr i think the Yanks would be better off getting a league average C and spend the money on the rotation. We absolutely need a strong #2, better than Paxton, to pitch behind Cole.

With Sanchez already on board, them using 2 1st round picks on catchers, a 2nd round pick and a 7 figureIFA signing bonus all in the last couple yrs i doubt they sign a 30-31 yr old Realmuto to a long term, expensive contract like he is going to require. Catchers over 30,especially bat first catchers tend to become 1st baseman sooner rather than later. I'm not apposed to moving on from Sanchez but i just don't see the Yanks giving Realmuto a 4-5 plus yr deal at 20m+.

With all the questions about the rotation next yr i think the Yanks would be better off getting a league average C and spend the money on the rotation. We absolutely need a strong #2, better than Paxton, to pitch behind Cole.
    I agree w all of this. I want someone better and more reliable than Severino as our #2 behind Cole. Even if Sevy has a lights out regular season, I trust him precisely 0% in October.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast