Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you solve a problem like Gary

I know itís only 4 games in, but 0-12 with 8 Kís. While I know Brett isnt much better with his 0-11 and 7 Kís, Iím not as concerned simply because we have many more options for LF. My preference is to put Miggy out there. We have no other options at catcher, and itís painfully clear Gary is lost out there. Itís beyond frustrating to watch. Is signing Russell Martin to a 60 day deal something anyone else would look at?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Kick him in the nuts and send him to Mongolia?

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Now for my real answer.

He needs to be traded. We cannot survive with Judge, Stanton and Sanchez. I don't give a rat's arse if he's "A great offensive catcher". Because his catching is offensive and so is his swing.

I don't remember his swing being such an uppercut. If memory serves, he used to be able to get on top of a high FB. He also used to use the whole field more.

I doubt we trade Judge. We can't move Stanton.

Get rid of Gary. Send him to the Indians with Garcia, Frazier and fillers for Lindor. Let him catch and DH there.

Gardner doesn't bother me for the reasons you stated. We have 2 guys on the active roster who can take over and then Frazier. I would love Andujar to get a shot but I see them using Talkman because of the left bat and speed.

Ignorance is bliss

Clown, I highly doubt Cleveland would want Frazier back. There's a reason he was traded for a reliever a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Now for my real answer.

He needs to be traded. We cannot survive with Judge, Stanton and Sanchez. I don't give a rat's arse if he's "A great offensive catcher". Because his catching is offensive and so is his swing.

I don't remember his swing being such an uppercut. If memory serves, he used to be able to get on top of a high FB. He also used to use the whole field more.

Get rid of Gary. Send him to the Indians with Garcia, Frazier and fillers for Lindor. Let him catch and DH there.

Gardner doesn't bother me for the reasons you stated. We have 2 guys on the active roster who can take over and then Frazier. I would love Andujar to get a shot but I see them using Talkman because of the left bat and speed.
    I was ok with your first answer. Does he have any trade value? If I was a rival GM, Iím not sure Iíd part with even a top 10 spec for him at this point. Certainly not top 5. But god, Iíd love Lindor

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Clown, I highly doubt Cleveland would want Frazier back. There's a reason he was traded for a reliever a few years ago.
    Tough to make that argument when Torres was traded for a reliever a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Now for my real answer.

I couldnít agree with you more , I say trade Gary ASAP and find another catcher than can catch 3 out of every 5 games . Cashman really blew it with Sanchez , he had the chance to trade him for realmuto and inexplicably passed . I will never understand why that trade didnít happen .

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    I was ok with your first answer. Does he have any trade value? If I was a rival GM, Iím not sure Iíd part with even a top 10 spec for him at this point. Certainly not top 5. But god, Iíd love Lindor
    Who cares what they can get for Sanchez , They need to move on from him. ASAP because there is no way they should be stuck with 3 part time dhs .

I would think any catcher has value. With his bat there should be no problem finding suitors. He is still young.

Imo his bat suffers when his focus is on his D, his D suffers when he is consumed with his offensive numbers.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I couldnít agree with you more , I say trade Gary ASAP and find another catcher than can catch 3 out of every 5 games . Cashman really blew it with Sanchez , he had the chance to trade him for realmuto and inexplicably passed . I will never understand why that trade didnít happen .
    Cashman has the opportunity to rectify that mistake and sign Realmuto this offseason

Cashman has the opportunity to rectify that mistake and sign Realmuto this offseason
    I will be surprised if that happens . But he would be the first free agent signing I would do this off season

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I would think any catcher has value. With his bat there should be no problem finding suitors. He is still young.

Imo his bat suffers when his focus is on his D, his D suffers when he is consumed with his offensive numbers.
    absolutely couldn't agree more. Gary still has huge value because when he's going right he's still the best offensive catcher in baseball. Some team would jump at the chance to fix him.

I'm with Klown send him in a package to Cleveland with extras. I think a package of Sanchez, Anduar, Garcia and a lottery ticket would be hard for Cleveland to turn down.

A good player can focus on his defense and offense without either suffering . Sanchez is just not as good as everyone thinks he is .

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    absolutely couldn't agree more. Gary still has huge value because when he's going right he's still the best offensive catcher in baseball. Some team would jump at the chance to fix him.

I'm with Klown send him in a package to Cleveland with extras. I think a package of Sanchez, Anduar, Garcia and a lottery ticket would be hard for Cleveland to turn down.
    Day, No love lost for Sanchez. I would ship him in a heartbeat.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Perfect timing for this article about Sanchez and his rankings among catchers since he''s been in the leaguehttps://viewsfrom314ft.com/here-are-...-be-just-fine/
    just a few of his stats
    His 105 home runs are the most among all MLB catchers. Yasmani Grandalís 101 are second, despite the fact Grandal has played in 178 more games than SŠnchez. Salvador Pťrez is in third place with 78, despite playing in 29 more games than the Kraken.
    Garyís 121 wRC+ since the start of 2016 is the highest among all Major League catchers.
    His .514 slugging percentage is .39 points higher than the catcher in second place (Evan Gattis).
    Garyís .269 isolated power is also .39 points higher than the catcher in second place (Evan Gattis, again).
    SŠnchezís .840 OPS is tops in baseball by .17 points higher than second place, 29 points higher than third place, 24 points higher than fourth place, and 42 points higher than fifth place.
    His .352 wOBA is also tops in baseball. His .387 expected wOBA is Ė stop me if youíve heard this before Ė the highest in baseball.
    Among all catchers since 2016, Garyís 91.3 mph average exit velocity is the highest in the league. It is also 31st highest out of all 360 qualified players, regardless of position.
    His 493-foot home run in August 2017 traveled 17 feet further than next closest non-Gary catcher. He has also hit a ball 481 feet. That looks like this.
    His 11.6 fWAR ranks 5th out of the group despite playing in 131 fewer games than all but one catcher (Tyler Flowers) ahead of him.
    Despite all this, his .264 BABIP ranks 30th out of 34 qualified catchers. This suggests, in fact, that heís been unlucky.

I'm all for exploring deals for Sanchez if that means we'll get another elite player back but, lets not act like he's the worst catcher in baseball or he has no trade value

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast