Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    No Jimmy today, we honestly may fall to the 6th seed with this brutal schedule. Kind of BS how we went from easiest times hardest but it is what it is. Win a series and at least make the 2nd round competitive and thatís a huge step forward. Then you make a trade this summer and sign a FA in 2021 or do both in 2021 and thatís when it get to championship or bust level.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

TJ Warren and the Pacers are on a tear!!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    TJ Warren and the Pacers are on a tear!!
    With all the talent around that dude, its bonkers he's the one showing out.

Lol next time the heat/pacers play butler will be the 2nd best player on the court behind warren xD

Just when we were coming back

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

No Jimmy today, we honestly may fall to the 6th seed with this brutal schedule. Kind of BS how we went from easiest times hardest but it is what it is. Win a series and at least make the 2nd round competitive and thatís a huge step forward. Then you make a trade this summer and sign a FA in 2021 or do both in 2021 and thatís when it get to championship or bust level.
    Donít you worry. Cs didnít bother to show to tonight. Gotta love Brad Stevens!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heat tried everything to give that one away at the end but I must say, that trapping zone they play is pretty intriguing to spectate.

Man thatís a great win, weíve had 3 really impressive games so far. This type of environment fits us.

Side note, the Heat Raptors and Celtics are just about the same team in ways just a bunch of dogs who get after it in basically equal opportunity offenses

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Man Luka was cooking! 30-20-10, wish I coulda watched that one. That team is tough!
    I love the Mavs but even as a die hard fan they have a long way to go. Even as great as Luka was he has parts of his game that he needs to work on. I think the team needs to add a couple more pieces before they make any real noise in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I love the Mavs but even as a die hard fan they have a long way to go. Even as great as Luka was he has parts of his game that he needs to work on. I think the team needs to add a couple more pieces before they make any real noise in the playoffs.

All about matchups but mostly I agree. They could give some team a headache.

Things have more or less cleared out in the East, Bucks and Raptors will be blowing the Nets and the Magic in the 1st round of the playoffs, The Sixers will be playing the Celtics and the Pacers will be playing the Heat...

There is still a chance that the Sixers can overtake the Pacers for fifth, but it requires that the Pacers will lose all the three remaining and the Sixers will win theirs, if the Pacers win one, then the Sixers can only tie their record, but since the Pacers won the game against them, they take the 5th seed.

The Wizards will be packing for the return home.

In the West however, other than the Lakers having locked the 1st seed, the Clips the 2nd and most probably the Nuggets the 3rd, everything else is pretty much "on the air"... Who ever qualifies on the 8th spot out of all Grizzlies, Spurs, Blazers and Pelicans (with Kings and Suns still not dead) will be playing LAL in the 1st round, the Mavs will be playing LAC, but thereafter it's a mystery who out of the Rockets, the Jazz and the Thunder will be playing against Denver with the other two playing between them.

I somehow have a feeling that the Thunder want to play the Nuggets in the 1st round, but they also keep the pick and the Sixers lose it if they drop all the remaining games, all it is required is for the Pacers to win one so that the Thunder end up with the 11th record in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Donít you worry. Cs didnít bother to show to tonight. Gotta love Brad Stevens!!!

In all honesty, the Cs need a good 5 to be able and compete against the Heat, the Bucks or the Raptors, without one I believe they can't survive a playoff series against any of the 3 mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    The NBA already has it's "new face of the game" on Giannis who has the highest world wide appeal than any NBA player before him. The "freak" series of products has been the most successful market-wise that Nike has ever made.

NBA has found exactly the man they wanted on Giannis in order to expand the appeal of the league world wide:

-Giannis isn't American,
    -Giannis is the most exiting player to watch playing.
    -Giannis is modest, friendly and likeable.
    -Giannis has a history background coming from extreme poverty.
    -Giannis is a family man who avoids having a "high society" life.

The NBA thinks (correctly) that the American market is close to its roof and therefore expanding the appeal of the league to the rest of the world is by far more profitable.

If one notices, Luka Doncic has much higher promotion than Zion has and the reason behind it is again that he is not American and additionally is Caucasian, which then along with Giannis forms a perfect Black/White duo to expand the marketability of the NBA worldwide.
    I think you are right and wrong at the same time. You are correct in saying that the NBA wants to increase their appeal world wide. It makes sense for them to do that for multiple reasons. Not only does it increase revenue but is also helps deepen the talent pool. More kids around the world will get to see the NBAís new foreign stars and they will want to be one of those stars. It only benefits the NBA to market these guys globally.

Where I think youíre wrong is I donít believe they think the US market has hit its ceiling. I think had Zion played the entire season he would have been marketed as heavy as Luka was/is. Then you have AD whoís also marked heavily. Iíve heard Mark Cuban talk about this but what the NBA needs to do is expand the G-League. Make it a true farm system for the NBA. Allow players that donít want to go to college to play in the G-League right out of high school.

I was looking at it though, and you have all the same opponents you would've minus bottom feeders, which kinda hard to play teams that aren't in the bubble.

Schedule was:

March 13: vs. New York, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 14: vs. Chicago, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 16: at Milwaukee, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 18: at Chicago, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 20: at Indiana, 7 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 23: vs. Oklahoma City, 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 25: vs. Denver, 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 28: vs. Phoenix, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

March 30: at Charlotte, 7 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 1: at Boston, 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 3: at Detroit, 7 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 5: at New York, 5 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 7: vs. Indiana, 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 9: vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 11: vs. Boston, 8 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 13: at Charlotte, 7 p.m. (Fox Sports Sun)

April 14: vs. Toronto, 7:30 p.m. (TNT)

The only thing the NBA did was take away one Boston game and rearrange the order you play the teams. Ik the 3 games in 4 nights sucks but it's what your schedule was gonna be prior to the shutdown.

Last nights Rockets game is a good reflection of their super small ball experiment. They do a lot of rotation and doubling the post to make up for the lack of height and strength in the post. That style of defense works in short term, but over time itís a high amount of energy to defend in that style. I have concerns over the longevity of being able to play like that.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast