Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This was my big issue of the form of this restart. 8 games, and 2 games into it and the Lakers don't have much incentive to do much. I really think the NBA missed a chance at doing some really cool things with the restart to make it fun and interesting. Could have done pool play with Elam endings and had a "reduced" playoffs of 8 teams.

Instead they picked everything possible because they want to force Zion as the next face of the game rather than doing what they can to promote the current face of the game (LeBron) and 2 of the top 3 players in the world (Kawhi and Giannis).

If I were the Lakers, token play AD and LBJ here and there, but start Caruso, KCP, Green, Kuz, McGee from here on out.
    The NBA already has it's "new face of the game" on Giannis who has the highest world wide appeal than any NBA player before him. The "freak" series of products has been the most successful market-wise that Nike has ever made.

NBA has found exactly the man they wanted on Giannis in order to expand the appeal of the league world wide:

-Giannis isn't American,
    -Giannis is the most exiting player to watch playing.
    -Giannis is modest, friendly and likeable.
    -Giannis has a history background coming from extreme poverty.
    -Giannis is a family man who avoids having a "high society" life.

The NBA thinks (correctly) that the American market is close to its roof and therefore expanding the appeal of the league to the rest of the world is by far more profitable.

If one notices, Luka Doncic has much higher promotion than Zion has and the reason behind it is again that he is not American and additionally is Caucasian, which then along with Giannis forms a perfect Black/White duo to expand the marketability of the NBA worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I honestly wouldn't know. Suns probably kicking themselves.
    Warren was always my favorite player on the Suns. Warren was the only player I wanted the Nuggets to get on that Suns team, he just played with a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    The NBA already has it's "new face of the game" on Giannis who has the highest world wide appeal than any NBA player before him. The "freak" series of products has been the most successful market-wise that Nike has ever made.

NBA has found exactly the man they wanted on Giannis in order to expand the appeal of the league world wide:

-Giannis isn't American,
    -Giannis is the most exiting player to watch playing.
    -Giannis is modest, friendly and likeable.
    -Giannis has a history background coming from extreme poverty.
    -Giannis is a family man who avoids having a "high society" life.

The NBA thinks (correctly) that the American market is close to its roof and therefore expanding the appeal of the league to the rest of the world is by far more profitable.

If one notices, Luka Doncic has much higher promotion than Zion has and the reason behind it is again that he is not American and additionally is Caucasian, which then along with Giannis forms a perfect Black/White duo to expand the marketability of the NBA worldwide.
    And soon he will be in a large market on one of the greatest organizations ever in Miami.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Nice of David Guthrie to come out after the game and admit they ****ed us. Return the favor tonight then against the Celtics in a game that should be a scheduled loss.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    And soon he will be in a large market on one of the greatest organizations ever in Miami.
    Giannis couldn't care less on how "large a market" is a team considered to be (in the USA only) or not. He has already turned Mil to a "large market" team and knows that which ever team he plays for, the team will multiply it's market and income resources by several times than their current values.

All he cares (in that order) is:

1. To be the undeniable No1 player in the team and have no other player challenging him on the matter.
    2. To have a working environment and the support he needs in order to continue improving his game for each and every season that follows.
    3. To have a locker room he leads and can work with.
    4. To have his brothers alongside him.
    5. To avoid any publicity which will distract him from being focused on his targets.
    6. To have a roster surrounding him which will ensure that he will have the support he needs in order to contend for the title for all the seasons he plays the game and as long as his career lasts.

He doesn't care much about the salary either or if it is a four or five years contract to sign because his income out of endorsements is already higher than his salary and keeps rising fastest than any other player in the league.

Truth is that Milwaukee provides him with all six of the above and the front office has very good relations with him and his family as well as with his manager who other than being a co-nation is also his best friend and had Giannis along with Thanasis becoming the godfathers of his newborn this past summer...

Therefore it's very difficult to convince Giannis on leaving Milwaukee, but if I was a fan of the Heat, I would more worry for Bam asking to be traded to Mil after his contract expires. Watch this, because he shares the same manager as Giannis and Octagon has already four players playing for the Bucks.
    Last edited by mouseslept; 08-04-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Giannis couldn't care less on how "large a market" is a team considered to be (in the USA only) or not. He has already turned Mil to a "large market" team and knows that which ever team he plays for, the team will multiply it's market and income resources by several times than their current values.

All he cares (in that order) is:

1. To be the undeniable No1 player in the team and have no other player challenging him on the matter.
    2. To have a working environment and the support he needs in order to continue improving his game for each and every season that follows.
    3. To have a locker room he leads and can work with.
    4. To have his brothers alongside him.
    5. To avoid any publicity which will distract him from being focused on his targets.
    6. To have a roster surrounding him which will ensure that he will have the support he needs in order to contend for the title for all the seasons he plays the game and as long as his career lasts.

He doesn't care much about the salary either or if it is a four or five years contract to sign because his income out of endorsements is already higher than his salary and keeps rising fastest than any other player in the league.

Truth is that Milwaukee provides him with all six of the above and the front office has very good relations with him and his family as well as with his manager who other than being a co-nation is also his best friend and had Giannis along with Thanasis becoming the godfathers of his newborn this past summer...

Therefore it's very difficult to convince Giannis on leaving Milwaukee, but if I was a fan of the Heat, I would more worry for Bam asking to be traded to Mil after his contract expires. Watch this, because he shares the same manager as Giannis and Octagon has already four players playing for the Bucks.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

8/24/2

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Common, don't cry now, I'm only trying to expand your vision so that you can see things in all its reality.

Still, it's not impossible for Giannis to sign elsewhere than Milwaukee, but it really would take Mil to do something really stupid (like not improving further the roster for the next season or not chase Kostas Antetokounmpo) for Giannis to part with them.

In any case, even if Giannis decides to part with Mil, I think that Butler's presence in Miami would be an obstacle for Giannis to chose Miami for his next destination, he is known not to be the best of locker room guys and certainly he doesn't seem to accept having another player leading the locker room which he would then have to be the "tail" of.

Common, don't cry now, I'm only trying to expand your vision so that you can see things in all its reality.

Still, it's not impossible for Giannis to sign elsewhere than Milwaukee, but it really would take Mil to do something really stupid (like not improving further the roster for the next season or not chase Kostas Antetokounmpo) for Giannis to part with them.

In any case, even if Giannis decides to part with Mil, I think that Butler's presence in Miami would be an obstacle for Giannis to chose Miami for his next destination, he is known not to be the best of locker room guys and certainly he doesn't seem to accept having another player leading the locker room which he would then have to be the "tail" of.
    What other player has he had leading a locker room that he didnít get along with? Donít say KAT because heís not that ďcaliperĒ of leader

8/24/2

What other player has he had leading a locker room that he didnít get along with? Donít say KAT because heís not that ďcaliperĒ of leader
    I didn't say "won't get along", I rather said "he won't accept to be Giannis' tail in the locker room"...

In any case, now that I think better on the subject, the "Butler issue" is overcome able, because Giannis would probably want Middleton to follow him in his next destination and Mil would have no reason to protest on parting with Middleton's contract if Giannis goes, they would therefore accept a Butler for Middleton trade because Butler's contract is of more value in the NBA market.

In fact, Riley is among the most experienced in the league in order to achieve his targets and may have thought that by having Middleton to follow Giannis it will give him an advantage over the other teams which will be chasing Giannis and may have landed Butler so that he can trade for Middleton in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This was my big issue of the form of this restart. 8 games, and 2 games into it and the Lakers don't have much incentive to do much. I really think the NBA missed a chance at doing some really cool things with the restart to make it fun and interesting. Could have done pool play with Elam endings and had a "reduced" playoffs of 8 teams.

Instead they picked everything possible because they want to force Zion as the next face of the game rather than doing what they can to promote the current face of the game (LeBron) and 2 of the top 3 players in the world (Kawhi and Giannis).

If I were the Lakers, token play AD and LBJ here and there, but start Caruso, KCP, Green, Kuz, McGee from here on out.
    Yeah they only even did it this way because Dame said he wasn't going if he had nothing to play for and I assume others would've followed suit.

Truth is not only Lillard, but all players need a motive in order to participate in a tournament, otherwise why do the tournament in the first place?

In any case, one has to agree that the league has done an excellent job in designing this.

They have put together a schedule which makes all games matter, either if they mean qualification, or if they mean better seeding and they've also done an outstanding job in the presentation so that when viewing on screen, the excitement remains to the max.

Of course one may say that the games against the Bucks and the Lakers do have a meaning only for the opponent and are like scrimmage games for Mil or LAL, but this to much extend would also be the case even if the season would have proceed normally, it therefore makes no difference as far as the leaders of the conferences are concerned either.

What ever happened to gianis and buckails. Figure season was back they'd be in here telling us we are all stupid don't know basketball and how the bucks are sure fire dynasty because G ain't leaving

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    What ever happened to gianis and buckails. Figure season was back they'd be in here telling us we are all stupid don't know basketball and how the bucks are sure fire dynasty because G ain't leaving

Banned but mouseslept is buckalis. Heís the only person Iíve ever seen use caliper instead of caliber, he completely gave himself away by saying that. I hope they let him stay though, he brings activity which is definitely needed

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

IMO, how the MIL/Giannis relationship develops for the following season has four different scenarios all depending on how the Bucks do in the playoffs:

1. Mil wins it all, Giannis resigns, Budenholger is given a long term extension, the Bucks do minor movements in the off season, stay under the lux threshold for another season and have a re-run.

2. Mil loses the finals, Giannis resigns, Budenholger stays but not extended, the Bucks move DEEP into the tax and make a major addition to the starting roster.

3. Mil loses in the ECF, Giannis postpones resigning for a season later and demands results, Budenholger's contract becomes "unstable", the Bucks move DEEP into the tax and make a major addition to the starting roster.

4. Mil gets disqualified in the 2nd round, Giannis postpones resigning for a season later and demands results, Budenholger gets fired, the Bucks move DEEP into the tax and make major changes to the roster including adding another all star.

In Mil they will try not to lose Giannis with all their power, they know better than anyone (because they've felt the financial results in their own pockets) that ON ANY franchise Giannis might be, there is no more than one in a million chances to have the same financial impact with an alternative player.

Giannis presence on a team means millions of fans/customers added all over the world, it means having T.V. channels begging you to sign a contract with them, it means all tickets sold out for both standing and sitting for all the games of an entire season and it means the team's outfit accessories being top in demand on NBA stores.

Lets face it, in MIL they were a team which only a few knew outside the U.S. and now, they are among the most popular franchises world wide, they have brand new premisses of prime quality, they have the best contracts with T.V. channels, they have their arena sold out for ever before the season even starts, they have their products dominating the NBA stores sales and the demand from oversees is off the roof... Which ever team Giannis signs next with, 9 out of 10 of Mil fans to say the least (which are really Giannis fans who have joined because of Giannis) follow him to his new destination and the money fly off MIL and follow Giannis!
    Last edited by mouseslept; 08-04-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Man Luka was cooking! 30-20-10, wish I coulda watched that one. That team is tough!

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast