Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseslept View Post
    IMO, it's gonna be one game suspension, because it's clear on the video that Giannis isn't trying to hit Wagner but only to go "head to head" with him... It's also clear that Wagner is acting in order to achieve Giannis being dismissed.
    Stop it lol Wagner might’ve flopped a little bit Giannis meant to head butt him. We’ll see how long the suspend a player or his “caliper”
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Metta World Peace was suspended for 7 games during the 2011-12 season with the elbow to James Harden.

That forced him to miss the end of the regular season and games 1-6 against the Denver Nuggets in the first round, and he returned for game 7 against Denver.

Giannis should get a 2 game suspension (I guess since he's the golden child and reigning leave MP and most likely going to win it again this year and has a clean track record unlike Metta).

He should be forced to miss the last regular season game and game 1 of the playoffs against Orlando.

I think that would be fair. He headbutted a dude. Blatantly. That deserves a minimum 2-game suspension.
    Indeed the incident differs with what happened between Metta and Harden. Metta deliberately twisted Harden's neck on that game and caused Harden to leave the game injured.

But I believe with the CBA's renewal back in 2017, the league's rules have also being altered to co-line with the world rules, which is that you can't serve a penalty into two tournaments which differ to their aim.

I'm not sure if the NBA has adjusted this particular rule to co-line with the rest of the world, but in any case, it is to the Bucks advantage that they cancelled challenging the call in the first place, because the refs call is a clear blocking foul on Giannis anyway and it's the call which causes whatever follows. Therefore it's best to have the play reviewed when the case is examined by the league.

It'll probably be 1 game and a fine for Giannis. If it's anything more than that, it's because these guys have history.

I have
    Donta Hall is the most recent one and in no way do I consider it dirty. Maybe overboard but holy **** that was too soft for dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Donta Hall is the most recent one and in no way do I consider it dirty. Maybe overboard but holy **** that was too soft for dirty.
    The thing is that some coaches are directing their players to deliberately foul on Giannis in an attempt to disorganise his game and that is dirty and against sports ethics anyway...

That's why I said earlier that if I was Giannis, I wouldn't go on Wagner, but I would have punched the coach in the face in the 1st place. Then it only took a bad call against Giannis from the refs for Giannis to lose his temper.

If the bad call wouldn't have been called in the 1st place, the incident would have never have occur, would it? If it then happens to the same 25y.o. player repeatedly and in multiple occasions, it then is a good excuse and just human for him to loose on his temper.

“Caliper”
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

The thing is that some coaches are directing their players to deliberately foul on Giannis in an attempt to disorganise his game and that is dirty and against sports ethics anyway...
    The bad boy Pistons laugh at you

In any case, I believe this incident will work in favour of Giannis and the Bucks for the upcoming playoffs as it should cause for the refs to be more careful and call all the fouls committed on Giannis, which they miss in many occasions.

Deliberately fouling is playing dirty now? As long as the fouls themselves aren’t dirty then what the heck are you talking about? Again?

But hey, deliberate or not it seems to have worked. Got the MVP to get himself an unexpected rest.

1 game suspension

And for those thinking the Grizzlies got hosed in the restart, they get a minor help by this suspension
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And for those thinking the Grizzlies got hosed in the restart, they get a minor help by this suspension
    you mean a MAJOR HELP... because there is no way the Bucks were going to tank a game, they would of course continue testing on different tactics schemes with different players and without worrying on losing the game, but all schemes tested are with respect to Giannis.

But in all honesty, I do like the Grizzlies and was wishing that somehow Giannis wouldn't play so that they could survive this and play qualification games against the Blazers! I think they've earned it after the fabulous season these young talents had and i believe their roster has tons of upside in reserve which will turn them into a fearful force in the West for many seasons which will follow.

Giannis was probably going to sit anyways now they just have an excuse for it other than rest lol. This suspension does nothing, not that I care either I’m just saying

8/24/2

As I was saying, they've accepted that there was a bad call on Giannis which combined with how he is physically contacted on every single play he is attempting, caused him losing his temper momentarily.

It's the bad call which has saved Giannis and this will turn in favour for him and the Bucks, because the refs will be more careful next time.

Good call from the coaching team to cancel the coach's challenge which they asked for after the whistle was blown and let the play being reviewed later with the NBA officials.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast