Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,622

    Chargers and Joey Bosa agree on a 5 year $135mil contract


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Chances Nick signs with the Chargers when his contract is up? That would be absolutely terrifying having both of them on the same line and when it comes down to it, if playing with your brother on the same team in the NFL is a goal, that could easily happen.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,622
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Chances Nick signs with the Chargers when his contract is up? That would be absolutely terrifying having both of them on the same line and when it comes down to it, if playing with your brother on the same team in the NFL is a goal, that could easily happen.
    Likely not high. Chargers aren't one to spend a lot on outside FA's. Plus teams rarely would commit $70+mil (assuming both Bosa brothers would have the same contract) to basically one position group (edge).

    Brothers usually team up when one of them plays a less premium position or aren't as good (Derek Watt and TJ Watt).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Likely not high. Chargers aren't one to spend a lot on outside FA's. Plus teams rarely would commit $70+mil (assuming both Bosa brothers would have the same contract) to basically one position group (edge).

    Brothers usually team up when one of them plays a less premium position or aren't as good (Derek Watt and TJ Watt).
    For sure, I understand why teams wouldn't shell out the same type of money for essentially the same position.

    However, if I have such a strong desire to play professionally on the same team as my brother, I would try and work something out. Like, okay say only one of them gets the huge lucrative deal I would go to that brother and be like, hey, give me x amount every year under the table and I will take a 'lesser' deal so we can have a dominate *** defense and win some super bowls. I know it's crazy talk, and probably wouldn't happen, but would be interesting to see if something like that ever happens.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,622
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    For sure, I understand why teams wouldn't shell out the same type of money for essentially the same position.

    However, if I have such a strong desire to play professionally on the same team as my brother, I would try and work something out. Like, okay say only one of them gets the huge lucrative deal I would go to that brother and be like, hey, give me x amount every year under the table and I will take a 'lesser' deal so we can have a dominate *** defense and win some super bowls. I know it's crazy talk, and probably wouldn't happen, but would be interesting to see if something like that ever happens.
    There would be a huge tampering investigation.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There would be a huge tampering investigation.
    haha you are probably right.

    Anyways, essentially what I am saying is if I am a Bosa brother and I see how ****ing good we are, I couldn't help but want to play on the same team and see what we could do to opposing offenses.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,411
    Von would have to go nuts this year to get another big contract

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Coventry RI
    Posts
    4,732
    Damn!

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,622
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Von would have to go nuts this year to get another big contract
    What makes you say that? Heís still up there in quite a few categories.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,411
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    What makes you say that? Heís still up there in quite a few categories.
    Because he's 31 and coming off the worst season statistically of his career. For someone who relies on speed so much, I don't think teams would come close to resetting the market on him.

    However, if he had a big year this year, that's a different story lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,554
    Now i know what Washington will eventually have to pay Chase Young. Yikes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,622
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Because he's 31 and coming off the worst season statistically of his career. For someone who relies on speed so much, I don't think teams would come close to resetting the market on him.

    However, if he had a big year this year, that's a different story lol
    He might not get resetting market money but I think some team will still want to pay him as one of the top pass rushers.

    Sure he didnít quit on the team?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,967
    DamnÖ This signing makes Danielle Hunter's look like a steal.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,411
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He might not get resetting market money but I think some team will still want to pay him as one of the top pass rushers.

    Sure he didnít quit on the team?
    IDK we'll see I suppose lol

    Nah our head coach isn't an imbecile and he actually has the respect of the players.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •