Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Chargers and Joey Bosa agree on a 5 year $135mil contract

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Chances Nick signs with the Chargers when his contract is up? That would be absolutely terrifying having both of them on the same line and when it comes down to it, if playing with your brother on the same team in the NFL is a goal, that could easily happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Chances Nick signs with the Chargers when his contract is up? That would be absolutely terrifying having both of them on the same line and when it comes down to it, if playing with your brother on the same team in the NFL is a goal, that could easily happen.
    Likely not high. Chargers aren't one to spend a lot on outside FA's. Plus teams rarely would commit $70+mil (assuming both Bosa brothers would have the same contract) to basically one position group (edge).

Brothers usually team up when one of them plays a less premium position or aren't as good (Derek Watt and TJ Watt).

Likely not high. Chargers aren't one to spend a lot on outside FA's. Plus teams rarely would commit $70+mil (assuming both Bosa brothers would have the same contract) to basically one position group (edge).

Brothers usually team up when one of them plays a less premium position or aren't as good (Derek Watt and TJ Watt).
    For sure, I understand why teams wouldn't shell out the same type of money for essentially the same position.

However, if I have such a strong desire to play professionally on the same team as my brother, I would try and work something out. Like, okay say only one of them gets the huge lucrative deal I would go to that brother and be like, hey, give me x amount every year under the table and I will take a 'lesser' deal so we can have a dominate *** defense and win some super bowls. I know it's crazy talk, and probably wouldn't happen, but would be interesting to see if something like that ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    For sure, I understand why teams wouldn't shell out the same type of money for essentially the same position.

However, if I have such a strong desire to play professionally on the same team as my brother, I would try and work something out. Like, okay say only one of them gets the huge lucrative deal I would go to that brother and be like, hey, give me x amount every year under the table and I will take a 'lesser' deal so we can have a dominate *** defense and win some super bowls. I know it's crazy talk, and probably wouldn't happen, but would be interesting to see if something like that ever happens.
    There would be a huge tampering investigation.

There would be a huge tampering investigation.
    haha you are probably right.

Anyways, essentially what I am saying is if I am a Bosa brother and I see how ****ing good we are, I couldn't help but want to play on the same team and see what we could do to opposing offenses.

Von would have to go nuts this year to get another big contract

Damn!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Von would have to go nuts this year to get another big contract
    What makes you say that? Heís still up there in quite a few categories.

What makes you say that? Heís still up there in quite a few categories.
    Because he's 31 and coming off the worst season statistically of his career. For someone who relies on speed so much, I don't think teams would come close to resetting the market on him.

However, if he had a big year this year, that's a different story lol

Now i know what Washington will eventually have to pay Chase Young. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Because he's 31 and coming off the worst season statistically of his career. For someone who relies on speed so much, I don't think teams would come close to resetting the market on him.

However, if he had a big year this year, that's a different story lol
    He might not get resetting market money but I think some team will still want to pay him as one of the top pass rushers.

Sure he didnít quit on the team?

DamnÖ This signing makes Danielle Hunter's look like a steal.

He might not get resetting market money but I think some team will still want to pay him as one of the top pass rushers.

Sure he didnít quit on the team?
    IDK we'll see I suppose lol

Nah our head coach isn't an imbecile and he actually has the respect of the players.