Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who was the GOAT at the peak?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kawhi Leonard

7 77.78%
  • Kevin Durant

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OFFICIAL G.O.A.T Peak Rankings - #12 (*TIEBREAKER*) Kawhi Leonard Vs. Kevin Durant

Generally when discussing the GOAT player it is important that you look at their career. MVPs / Rings / All-NBA Teams / etc. But this ranking throws all that out the window. 1 game. At their absolute best. Who you taking?

#1.) Michael Jordan
    #2.) LeBron James
    #3.) Shaquille O'Neal
    #4.) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    #5.) Wilt Chamberlain
    #6.) Larry Bird
    #7.) Hakeem Olajuwon
    #8.) Magic Johnson
    #9.) Tim Duncan
    #10.) Moses Malone
    #11.) Bill Russell
    #12.)
    #13.)
    #14.)
    #15.)
    #16.)
    #17.)
    #18.)
    #19.)
    #20.)
    #21.)
    #22.)
    #23.)
    #24.)
    #25.)

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quick question:

Do you guys think whoever LOSES the poll automatically gets the next spot or do they have to WIN their #13 ranking?

Kristaps Porzingis

KL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You have got to be ****ing kidding me, I donít come on here for a little over a week and this is the **** I see when Iím back 😂
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

KD ran and made the most stacked team ever, neither of his rings mean a thing imo. Kawhi would have 1 ring if not for 3 of the top 5 Warriors going down with injury and he didnít deserve his 1st finals mvp. I will never pick someone who folds on the big stage (curry), makes the biggest ***** move in sports history (Durant), or folds on the biggest stage and loses finals MVP to a role player (Curry) over someone the level of Wade who excels on any stage on either side of the ball.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    KL

Agreed. I just feel like he has no holes and can fit perfectly on any team.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    KD ran and made the most stacked team ever, neither of his rings mean a thing imo.
    If you want to diminish his career legacy that's fine but if we are arguing who the best players are at their peak then this argument holds no water. If I put Michael Jordan on the Warriors would he no longer be the GOAT? You get my point?

Kawhi would have 1 ring if not for 3 of the top 5 Warriors going down with injury and he didnít deserve his 1st finals mvp.
    Name 1 flaw in Kawhi's game.

I will never pick someone who folds on the big stage (curry),
    That's fair. I agree Curry has underperformed in the finals compared to his regular season.

makes the biggest ***** move in sports history (Durant)

Irrelevant for the reason I mentioned before.

or folds on the biggest stage and loses finals MVP to a role player (Curry)
    Repetitive.

over someone the level of Wade who excels on any stage on either side of the ball.
    I'd rather build around Kawhi. He's better defensively. He's way a better shooter. He is better off the ball. He can work in any offense. Guards 4 positions.

Kristaps Porzingis

Kawhi for me between the two. I would have put the teammate defenses were more worried about and that the team won a championship behind without kd even there as the other option but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Kawhi for me between the two. I would have put the teammate defenses were more worried about and that the team won a championship behind without kd even there as the other option but oh well.

Does the loser of this vote automatically get #13? Or throw him in to the group again and run it back.

Kristaps Porzingis

It's Durant. He's the superior offensive player with superior peak numbers. If you're picking Kawhi, which season are you picking? If you pick 2016-17 Kawhi, you have to remember he got hurt in the playoffs. If you pick 2018-19 Kawhi, you have to remember he missed 22 games in the regular season.

Yes, the man is a dominant defensive player and a hyper-efficient scorer who thrives in the playoffs. He's also someone who's missed a huge chunk of a time in his career to injury (among other things). And for all the flack Durant gets for bailing on OKC to play for Golden State, Kawhi was pretty childish for how he forced his way out of San Antonio.

If I want a superstar who can carry me offensively for 70+ games plus the playoffs, it's gotta be Durant. If you're banking on Kawhi, you better pray the team around him is strong enough to handle the inevitable injury and all the time he's randomly going to take off during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Does the loser of this vote automatically get #13? Or throw him in to the group again and run it back.
    I missed some voting I think so hard to say.

I think I probably go curry over both of them, kawhi then kd personally with Giannis there but needing a killer playoff run. That's just of current guys but I think curry/kawhi/kd are all close to each other here

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Run it back. I'd be fine with these guys going 12 and 13, but just because you vote Kawhi or Durant here doesn't mean you'd necessarily pick the other guys next. And the voting has been super close, so even 1-2 votes could change the outcome on 13.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It's Durant. He's the superior offensive player with superior peak numbers. If you're picking Kawhi, which season are you picking? If you pick 2016-17 Kawhi, you have to remember he got hurt in the playoffs. If you pick 2018-19 Kawhi, you have to remember he missed 22 games in the regular season.

Yes, the man is a dominant defensive player and a hyper-efficient scorer who thrives in the playoffs. He's also someone who's missed a huge chunk of a time in his career to injury (among other things). And for all the flack Durant gets for bailing on OKC to play for Golden State, Kawhi was pretty childish for how he forced his way out of San Antonio.

If I want a superstar who can carry me offensively for 70+ games plus the playoffs, it's gotta be Durant. If you're banking on Kawhi, you better pray the team around him is strong enough to handle the inevitable injury and all the time he's randomly going to take off during the season.
    We are throwing injuries out. 1 game at 100% health. Does that change anything for you?

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You have got to be ****ing kidding me, I donít come on here for a little over a week and this is the **** I see when Iím back 😂
    Agreed. Its kawhi , kd ain't even close to this level

Wade or Kobe soon
    Last edited by Chronz; 07-29-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Just look at their resumes. Only one guy definitively led a team to a championship.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast