Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    The "deadlier flu." Oh dear lord do you think the flu is more dangerous than COVID?

Brewers!!!!! Brewers!!!! come get your kid. He's on PSD.
    It is to school age humans in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Hey! Here's another one of those dishonest arguments.
    feel free to show it. I'll continue using air in the meantime.

Ehh....I don't think there is much to gain from attempting to talk sense to someone that is either willfully ignorant and/or simply really bad at critical thinking.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Teacher strikes in red states are usually broadly supported. People like teachers. The recent WV strike in my neck of the woods was well-supported in the state, and spawned well-supported strikes in other red states afterwards. If they strike, they'll find support. Especially considering how little we spend on them and education in general. Hard to imagine many school distracts have the means to do what's needed to insure things are safe.

It also is in their favor that the majority of this country does not think the administration is handling the pandemic well.

It sucks that we shouldn't reasonably feel safe with opening up schools. It's a vital step towards fully opening up the economy. Maybe we should've taken a serious approach at combating this a long time ago so maybe we'd be doing better now than we were 3 months ago.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    the majority of this country does not think the administration is handling the pandemic well.

It sucks that we shouldn't reasonably feel safe with opening up schools.
    Good point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I have no faith in our leaders to do right by us over pushing their agenda.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And everyone knows if a school age child gets Covid its impossible to transmit that disease to teachers, faculty, parents, grandparents, etc.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No it's not. And it certainly isn't for the teachers...

But \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Not okay to vote in person but def okay for in person school!

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    No it's not. And it certainly isn't for the teachers...

But \_(ツ)_/
    For non-elderly and non-elderly with no underlying conditions the mortality rate is basically the same as the mortality rate for driving your car. All the data says it's basically a severe flu season. Even the early indications of its transmissibility being extraordinary (the reason for the lockdowns) turned out not to be the case since virtually all field hospitals outside of China have remained empty.

It's no where near as serious as we thought, and the unprecedented quarantine of healthy individuals has turned out to be a wrong decision. No reason not to open schools. Except politics of course.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    For non-elderly and non-elderly with no underlying conditions the mortality rate is basically the same as the mortality rate for driving your car. All the data says it's basically a severe flu season. Even the early indications of its transmissibility being extraordinary (the reason for the lockdowns) turned out not to be the case since virtually all field hospitals outside of China have remained empty.

It's no where near as serious as we thought, and the unprecedented quarantine of healthy individuals has turned out to be a wrong decision. No reason not to open schools. Except politics of course.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Facts don't lie. A .1-.3% death rate is a severe flu season no matter how scary the TV people say it is. It's certainly a bad virus for people at risk, but the cumulative doomsday scenario does not comport with reality.

Just look at the death rates for this country vs. 2 years ago - if we had hundreds of thousands dying (ALL OUR DEATHS FROM ALL OUR WARS COMBINE PANIC!) then why does it not show up in the raw data?

And there was never a medical reason to close schools. From the study:
    Systematic reviews of influenza outbreaks suggest that school closures are likely to have the greatest effect if the virus has low transmissibility (R<2), particularly if attack rates and transmission are higher in children than in adults.8
    Although our information on SARS-CoV-2 remains incomplete, this appears not to be the case with COVID-19 outbreaks.
    But go ahead and be a science-denier and panic PANIC PANIC!

The better question is, are schools/teachers even relevant to learning anymore? Teachers have basically become babysitters to some extent. Schools use to be institutes of learning but now for most kids, schools are just institutes of social order. Kids are taught to follow orders and instructions to prepare them to be better worker bees.

There are plenty of online learning applications. Kids can get social activity outside of school if parents put in an effort. Personally, I think its time we look beyond these old methods.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Facts don't lie. A .1-.3% death rate is a severe flu season no matter how scary the TV people say it is. It's certainly a bad virus for people at risk, but the cumulative doomsday scenario does not comport with reality.

Just look at the death rates for this country vs. 2 years ago - if we had hundreds of thousands dying (ALL OUR DEATHS FROM ALL OUR WARS COMBINE PANIC!) then why does it not show up in the raw data?

And there was never a medical reason to close schools. From the study:

But go ahead and be a science-denier and panic PANIC PANIC!
    My bad. I should be more like you and pretend it's all a big nothing burger. I should have known that there's absolutely no middle ground between "doomsday" and "severe flu season".

Super cool and useful chart too. It's totally not like this virus has only been around for roughly six months as opposed to the two year chunks shown.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast