Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Teacher strikes?

Will we see strikes? What happens when/ if we do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-29-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I fully support any upcoming teacher strikes. I have a family member who teaches in AZ and their dipshit governor is dead-set on getting kids back in school despite the fact that AZ has the nation's highest positive test rate.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Depends on how they plan on opening up. If they're just going to open up and maneuver and operate the same as before, then I would expect to see a strike.

If the state is working WITH teachers to create safe environments, then I could see some sort of conclusion being reached.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I fully support any upcoming teacher strikes. I have a family member who teaches in AZ and their dipshit governor is dead-set on getting kids back in school despite the fact that AZ has the nation's highest positive test rate.
    Have you heard anything about teachers not going in? Seems inevitable in hotspots

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Opening the schools is mostly an economic move... It's dumb to open them now... especially when the time frame looks like we will be able to get the vaccine out to them early next year. I think teachers probably would make sense as one of the first groups of people to receive the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Opening the schools is mostly an economic move... It's dumb to open them now... especially when the time frame looks like we will be able to get the vaccine out to them early next year. I think teachers probably would make sense as one of the first groups of people to receive the vaccine.
    Some school districts will open.

Some kid will get the virus and die.

Some teacher will get the virus and die.

Everyone will scream that Trump has blood on his hands.

I a few years the US education system will fall below places like Peru. (If we aren't already below places like Peru. Maybe Cameroon.)

Progressivism.

tough calls all around......after all, parents WANT their kids in school, or it costs them in day care or lost wages if they aren't dropping kids off for the day

no easy answers
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    tough calls all around......after all, parents WANT their kids in school, or it costs them in day care or lost wages if they aren't dropping kids off for the day

no easy answers

Ba da boom!

Ba da bing!

no easy answers
    I want my kid in school. DEAR LORD do I want my kid in school. He needs it. But it's just not the right move. Tighten our belts for 6 more months. That's what we have to do. I feel like there was a time when we sacrificed economics for values in this country. I hear about buying war bonds, I hear about rationing. But we are at a point when even most of the old people of this country don't remember that. You'd have to be born in what 35' to remember WW2 rationing. That would make you 85 today. Now we hear that our sacrifices should be that of people? What the **** is up with that?

The more and more I think about it the America we idolize, the America that people think is soooo great, is an America that no one even really can accurately recall, and an America that no one actually wants to live in.
    Last edited by flips333; 07-29-2020 at 10:28 AM.

I want my kid in school. DEAR LORD do I want my kid in school. He needs it. But it's just not the right move. Tighten our belts for 6 more months. That's what we have to do. I feel like there was a time when we sacrificed economics for values in this country. I hear about buying war bonds, I hear about rationing. But we are at a point when even most of the old people of this country don't remember that. You'd have to be born in what 35' to remember WW2 rationing. That would make you 85 today. Now we hear that our sacrifices should be that of people? What the **** is up with that?

The more and more I think about it the America we idolize, the America that people think is soooo great, is an America that no one even really can accurately recall, and an America that no one actually wants to live in.
    Bold 1…True (at least very few)

Bold 2…Not True

With today's technology, there should be hybrid answers that can be utilized.

I don't have kids, so I don't know how most schools were handling virtual classes. Were kids largely on their own at home to get various things done, or were they viewing their teacher teaching a lot of the time or what? I'd think they could reduce in-person class sizes by alternating days for those wanting their kids to not be 100% virtual.

I've talked with friends for years about doing some of the very things they'd need to look at now just for normal situations in more rural areas. What I mean is, we have schools here that may only have 5-10 kids IN a class...which means sometimes they're getting shafted on classes made available to them. Virtual learning would greatly reduce that as they can take a class from another school theirs doesn't offer. That could be done large scale and ongoing, pandemic or not.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

no easy answers
    Oh, it's an easy answer if you live in a pandemic hotspot. Considering how the administration is pushing saving the economy over people well being, it is an easy answer.

This administration isn't trusted to do the right thing by its people considering it's response to this pandemic. By the way, Trump's kid is going to do remote learning since his school has closed down. I wonder how many congressional members are doing the same. During the Vietnam war, politicians supported the draft but got their kids off the draft rolls. I think they are doing the same thing here.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bold 1…True (at least very few)

Bold 2…Not True
    If it's not true then why are we completely unwilling to sacrifice for our morality? Our values are second to economics.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Oh, it's an easy answer if you live in a pandemic hotspot. Considering how the administration is pushing saving the economy over people well being, it is an easy answer.

This administration isn't trusted to do the right thing by its people considering it's response to this pandemic. By the way, Trump's kid is going to do remote learning since his school has closed down. I wonder how many congressional members are doing the same. During the Vietnam war, politicians supported the draft but got their kids off the draft rolls. I think they are doing the same thing here.
    Bold 1…true (and very painful)

Bold 2…probably true.

Will cash strapped school be able to test their teachers as regularly as the MLB and the White House staff? I am hearing stories that it takes seven days to two weeks for test results to come back. The White House says that kids aren't getting sick at the same rate as adult, but we are still hearing about babies and kids testing positive. Teachers are scared and some are retiring early or they have health problems that increase the odds of them dying if they get the virus.

Are we really going to trust five, or eight year olds to practice social distancing when we have trouble getting grown adults to follow these health guidelines?

It is easy to push something when your arse isn't on the line. Meaning those politicans who are pushing this agenda.

And where is Joe Biden on this issue? Why is he still in his basement during all this without a word on this subject.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-29-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast