Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And what are you going to do about the businesses that are being forced to close? There should have been zero reason why they should have been forced to close if they had little to no cases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a chicken and egg aspect to some of this. Business closes, few cases around them....or was there fewer cases around them BECAUSE they closed? This thing doesn't glow in the dark, so we don't know where exactly it is or isn't. My area had no more than 10 active cases during the time businesses were closed, in fact most closed before my area even had 10 cases period. But we were near an area that was one of the hot spots in the nation for awhile, a meat packing plant.

It is absolutely tragic that businesses have had to close permanently because of this. Some was unavoidable, some it appears was completely avoidable. As we have talked about ad nauseum, mistakes were made. Who exactly are you blaming for your friend's business having had to close?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

And what are you going to do about the businesses that are being forced to close? There should have been zero reason why they should have been forced to close if they had little to no cases

No.

There should be leadership in the country willing to protect businesses AND people.

The latter gets ****ed, so when the former fails, the latter gets ****ed again.

I know someone who lost their entire business that theyíve worked their entire lives for. They now have to file for bankruptcy and are on the verge of being homeless. The area they lived in had less than 75 cases.

Do you have any compassion for them?

Is he a Democratic or a Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Lol that one got me good, ewing.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

How is it that you sit here and point out what a terrible response our country had to this virus, yet keep defending the leader of this country with this terrible response.

I agree with your post, is it not another reason to be frustrated with Trumps lack of leadership during this pandemic? Why hasn't he laid out ground work that allows businesses to stay open if case numbers are minimal?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How is it that you sit here and point out what a terrible response our country had to this virus, yet keep defending the leader of this country with this terrible response.

I agree with your post, is it not another reason to be frustrated with Trumps lack of leadership during this pandemic? Why hasn't he laid out ground work that allows businesses to stay open if case numbers are minimal?

Because these were all decisions made by states. Itís a state issue and not a Fed govt issue. Federal govt should be there to help the states with anything they need etc not telling people to open or close

Because these were all decisions made by states. Itís a state issue and not a Fed govt issue. Federal govt should be there to help the states with anything they need etc not telling people to open or close

I dont know on what basis you are saying it's a state issue and not a federal issue, but everything starts at the federal govt and ends with the city. This is the political system of America. States most definitely played a role in the mishandling if the epidemic, but you are somehow trying to absolve the leader of the company for the failure of the company saying it's not his responsibility. Of course the well being of the nation is the president's responsibility, what a ridiculous approach you are taking.

The bigger question is WHY. I know that you know Trump mishandled this about as bad as any president could have. But even though you know Trump has been a complete **** up, and has cost our country tens of thousands of lives (if not a hundred plus), you still feel like this man and his epidemic response deserves defending. Why?

You should expect more from your leaders. This is a national emergency and the president was and is missing. And you find this acceptable. You think the states should just take care of it on their own. That is such a ridiculous take, I find it hard to believe that you yourself can even take that seriously.

Last edited by nastynice; 08-02-2020 at 01:48 AM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's all make believe until at least half of dbroncsinmo's immediate family and friends get wiped out by COVID-19.
    And that will never happen. So.....

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And that will never happen. So.....
    So....it's all make believe in your mind! Which was my point this entire time (duh). Unless the life of you or your immediate friends and family is seriously impacted, you'll continue pretending like COVID-19 is somewhere between an annoying inconvenience and a political hoax.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

It's a community by community issue, truth be told....BUT the direction, the guidelines, the supply chain...all starts at the FEDERAL level. THEY have the connections for supplies, THEY have the experts....that's where we got far less than we should have. Yes, states and communities made their own decisions on closing businesses and schools, when and how to reopen, whether to actually require masks and in what situations...based on their own situations, BUT.....states and communities don't have the same access to PPE supply chains or expert opinions on HOW to do those things as our FEDERAL government does.......since they weren't getting that from Washington and, when they were, it was incomplete or inconsistent, states and communities were left to MAKE those very important decisions based ON incomplete and inconsistent information and therefore weren't able to always make the BEST decisions for their people.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    With today's technology, there should be hybrid answers that can be utilized.

I don't have kids, so I don't know how most schools were handling virtual classes. Were kids largely on their own at home to get various things done, or were they viewing their teacher teaching a lot of the time or what? I'd think they could reduce in-person class sizes by alternating days for those wanting their kids to not be 100% virtual.

I've talked with friends for years about doing some of the very things they'd need to look at now just for normal situations in more rural areas. What I mean is, we have schools here that may only have 5-10 kids IN a class...which means sometimes they're getting shafted on classes made available to them. Virtual learning would greatly reduce that as they can take a class from another school theirs doesn't offer. That could be done large scale and ongoing, pandemic or not.
    The issue isnít that they canít do virtual learning. The issue is that virtual learning requires the kids to stay at home. That means either the parent has to be with them or they need to hire a babysitter if the parent goes to work. But lots of the parents going to work canít afford

Instead of just everyone in the country getting a 1200 check, we need to pool that money so people who actually need it can apply for it for specific use. That was too much of logistical nightmare to do first time around but thereís been enough time that it should have been figured out.

But that opens up another issue. The people who donít NEED the 1200 check but get it anyway are the ones spending it on frivolous things and in turn opening up all the jobs that come with that. If itís just the people who need childcare getting the money then eventually those jobs will dry up with reduced spending.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Teacher strikes?

Their were recommendations that included testing and tracing set ups were not possible to achieve bc the Trump Administration didnít fund/support the recommendations that came from their own people. They said you do it, vocally supported disregarding the recommendations, and didnít give them the resources they needed. States had no chance. They couldnít prepare for a proper opening and they couldnít afford to stay closed.

Last edited by ewing; 08-02-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

So it's not necessarily a school but I'm the building caretaker at an early years daycare centre. We have babies as young 8 weeks and kids as old as 4 if they have special needs. We've been open to the public for 3 weeks now and in that time we've already hit our new socially distanced capacity which was 50% of our usual number (23 down from 46). We're entering phase 3 now which means the number will once again go up but I'm not really sure what that'll be. We've already had a few toddlers with fevers that were vomiting. They were isolated and the parents came to pick them up. Each kid came back 2 days later and the parents said they were fine. 1 was immediately sick again.

So far it's been pretty relaxed as there have been more staff hired to take care of half the kids. This is because we're unionized and most of our school aged childcare centres are located in schools which are still closed. Everyone is getting paid so the union sent extra workers over to help out. When those centres open they won't be around and things will be very different. It will be up to the company to hire casual staff (supply staff) just like it will be up to school boards to spend money on supply staff as well.

We already have a few union members who have refused to return to work citing medical conditions. One of them is a co-worker who's 50 and has chronic bronchitis. It's completely understandable.

It's going to be a tough situation moving forward. For high school ages and maybe even junior high grades I think online learning is unfortunately going to have to be the option. Empty class rooms should be used for younger aged kids and classes should be divided into smaller numbers as younger kids require more hands on learning.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Case mortality rate makes way more sense if you are going to compare to driving a car. If the case-mortality rate for driving on the road was anywhere near .1% we wouldn't drive very much.

According to the bureau of transportation statistics in the USA we take 1.1 billion trips a day. 87% are in a vehicle. let's assume 80% are on the road. .8*1.1billion*.001case mortality rate = 880,000 deaths a day.
    Case mortality rate would be compared to fatality rate for vehicle accident victims.

Case rate for coronovirus doesn't make sense as a data point at all for trying to figure out mortality rates anyway though because the reported case rate still isn't the actual case rate and we know something like 40-60% of all people either have natural immunity or antibodies present and thus don't present symptoms and become a 'case.' The only data we have for that is nations who did lots of testing, like Sweden, and that's what they found. This also means that herd immunity might present when much fewer people are infected than previously thought. Don't have that study at my fingertips but it shouldn't be hard to find if you're actually curious and not a science denier like spliff.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Cool. I'll take this as your hoisting of the proverbial white flag. See you the next time you come crawling out of your hole to share some more conspiracy theories, lies, and general hatred.
    You've presented no data, no argument, nothing. I don't think anyone is going to just trust the hand-waving of some dude on the internet who had to have it explained to him how to read a simple graph.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast