Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Fauci: outbreak could endanger MLB season

Fauci says Marlins’ virus outbreak could endanger MLB season
    The Associated Press
    STEVEN WINE
    Jul 28th 2020 9:27AM

“This could put it in danger,” said Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert. "I don’t believe they need to stop, but we just need to follow this and see what happens with other teams on a day-by-day basis.”

“Major League Baseball — the players, the owners, the managers — have put a lot of effort into getting together and putting protocols that we feel would work,” Fauci said. “It’s very unfortunate what happened with the Miami (Marlins).”

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...ger-mlb-season
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Everyone gets it and they keep playing. Estevan Florial ends up being World Series MVP while David Hale becomes the defacto staff ace.

I say carry on with the season .

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I say carry on with the season .

I could swear you said cancel the season. Which is it?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I could swear you said cancel the season. Which is it?
    I said the season will be cancelled because of the marlins . I never said that I agreed with canceling it . Again learn to read man .

i was for cancelling the season months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Fauci says Marlins’ virus outbreak could endanger MLB season
    The Associated Press
    STEVEN WINE
    Jul 28th 2020 9:27AM

“This could put it in danger,” said Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert. "I don’t believe they need to stop, but we just need to follow this and see what happens with other teams on a day-by-day basis.”

“Major League Baseball — the players, the owners, the managers — have put a lot of effort into getting together and putting protocols that we feel would work,” Fauci said. “It’s very unfortunate what happened with the Miami (Marlins).”

https://www.usnews.com/news/sports/a...ger-mlb-season
    That whole thing amounts to nothing. It could put it in danger. It could not.
    It's the equivalent of a professional athlete being day to day. Aren't we all?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That whole thing amounts to nothing. It could put it in danger. It could not.
    It's the equivalent of a professional athlete being day to day. Aren't we all?
    Tell that to the people who hang on to that hack’s every word

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Tell that to the people who hang on to that hack’s every word
    Hack?! Party line Jorge? This may be one of the most ignorant and despicable statements you have ever uttered. He is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984.

He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies.

Dr. Fauci has advised six Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Hack?! Party line Jorge? This may be one of the most ignorant and despicable statements you have ever uttered. He is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984.

He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika. NIAID also supports research on transplantation and immune-related illnesses, including autoimmune disorders, asthma and allergies.

Dr. Fauci has advised six Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a program that has saved millions of lives throughout the developing world.

And all that doesn't mean he hasn't screwed this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And all that doesn't mean he hasn't screwed this one up.
    In YOUR opinion. Forgive me if I have more confidence in, and respect for his opinion.

In YOUR opinion. Forgive me if I have more confidence in, and respect for his opinion.
    His opinion as stated in this thread is 100% meaningless and I showed why

His opinion is far from meaningless. Will the MLB heed his warning? That is the critical question.

His opinion is far from meaningless. Will the MLB heed his warning? That is the critical question.
    One person’s opinion doesn’t mean it’s fact . He has been wrong about this virus before .

It totally is meaningless.

"This could put it in danger."

Sure it could. It could also not.

The man stands on nothing solid with that statement.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast