Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The Funchess opt out is crazy to me because here you are on a one year deal to play with Aaron Rodgers and a chance to turn your career around. Could end up being the last chance to really be a starter and work towards a big contract.
    He’s under contract with them next year now.

The Funchess opt out is crazy to me because here you are on a one year deal to play with Aaron Rodgers and a chance to turn your career around. Could end up being the last chance to really be a starter and work towards a big contract.
    Funchess, I believe, has had to deal with covid-19 hitting pretty close to home. Not exactly sure who had it but from what I have read online it seams like someone in his family contacted it. Not sure if they past away but I am sure this had to do with his decision.

Additionally, below is a tweet I came across about why some people are making the decision to opt out. Take from it what you will.

Funchess is garbage and probably at best a low end #2 WR. But I think I remember hearing that one of his grandparents nearly died from it, so it's not that surprising. He was also incredibly young coming into the league, so even though he was drafted in 2015 he just turned 26.

No I agree I think he kinda blows which is why I'm surprised he'd forego a paycheck and chance to get his game together. Like a I said before, the daily testing makes visiting people even safer and now if his grandparent already had it then its even less of an issue.

I think a whole lot of these players are going to regret this in a year or two. Careers are short.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    4 Patriots starters opting out... Ouch lol
    Tanking for Trevor Lawrence?

Despite having asthma and being at risk, as of right now Steelers IDL Cam Heyward has indicated he's going to play this year. I'll be honest, from a health and cap situation, I wish he would opt out for the year. From a cap perspective it would push off his new contract by a year, and open up $13mil in cap space this year to roll over into a cap shrinking year.

With these moves, NE goes from being right up against the cap to 24.7M in cap space. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to splash with that money or if they're going to pocket it to carry over next year. Clowney or Griffin would be interesting, then there's potentially cheap role players like Glenn, Denard, or maybe even Wake/Daniels if they want to kick the tires on older vets.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don’t see that at all. Thuney is one of the better left guards. Shaq Mason is a top 10 RG. David Andrews is a very good center and returning from injury. Isaiah Wynn was a good left tackle last year, though he only played half the year. Cannon was ok at RT so it’s a loss but it’s hardly a trash OL.
    its his excuse when cam fails with a legit team/goat coach/good oline etc.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    With these moves, NE goes from being right up against the cap to 24.7M in cap space. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to splash with that money or if they're going to pocket it to carry over next year. Clowney or Griffin would be interesting, then there's potentially cheap role players like Glenn, Denard, or maybe even Wake/Daniels if they want to kick the tires on older vets.
    I doubt they do something big other than kick tires on vets. Besides with McDougald on the Jets, Clowney reportedly told them to “come and get him”.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I doubt they do something big other than kick tires on vets. Besides with McDougald on the Jets, Clowney reportedly told them to “come and get him”.
    I highly doubt Clowney wants to play for the Jets. If there's anything to that, he probably wants them to pay premium price. I bet he plays for less than 12M for a playoff caliber team before he takes less than 18M to play for a bad team. I'm expecting him to sign with the Saints if they do some restructuring.

Belichick:

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Feel like the splashes will still be few and far between around the league. Cap will drop next year, although it seems like they've put a floor on the drop, so rolling as much cap as possible to next year is wise for most teams.

The #Chiefs have announced that RB Damien Williams informed the team of his decision to opt out for the 2020 season.

Most lineman in the NFL meet the comorbidity preexisting condition for Covid-19 complications because of a BMI greater than 30. Epidemiological meta studies done around the world conclusively indicate that high body mass, even if a lot of it is muscle, is still linked to higher all cause mortality. Having lots of muscle puts a burden on the overall circulatory system. What does Covid-19 effect the most? Circulatory system.

actually, it's the respiratory system...but still doesn't really change the rest of what you said
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast