Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Michael Pierce opted out. Vikes DT

Marquise Goodwin - Eagles
    Michael Pierce - Vikings

Both opting out

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He could've waited out an injury. Or at the rate things are going, he could have waited for a QB to sit out.

I wasn't too impressed with the OL last year. And given the Pats have had so much success it looks like a lot of their players aren't going to care if they sit out. Mayo is older and injury prone, but that's a big loss for the defense already given the loss of LBs this off-season. I expect LG and RG to be solid, but I think the Pats do a good job of helping out their OTs.
    I wasnít impressed with the OL either last year. But thatís because Wynn missed half the year at LT, Andrews missed the whole year with blood clots and Mason played through an ankle injury. Last years OL play isnít representative of what Cam will be behind this year. Obviously the great variable there is health so I should add that. I think the Pats OL if healthy is the only good unit on the team besides the elite secondary. But if they have another year of injuries like last year, then they will struggle like last year.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    LOL. Pats players see a sinking ship without Brady. That makes their decision easier.
    It's BB though that ship will James Bond it and turn into a submarine

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Don't forget that their line coach retired again too
    Definitely a big blow. Stepping in for Cannon will most likely be 3rd rounder from last year who missed the year with injury. So the coaching will be a big variable in how he grows into RT.

At LT/LG/C/RG itís all guys with NFL track records though. In the case of interior guys, long track record. Wynn at LT was a 1st round pick and played well in his time last year so Iím pretty confident that he will be fine. Iím not too worried about any of those spots besides the inherent risk of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    It's BB though that ship will James Bond it and turn into a submarine

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    so you're saying, they'll go under?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Marquise Goodwin - Eagles
    Michael Pierce - Vikings

Both opting out
    interesting....both with new teams they haven't even met yet
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

4 Patriots starters opting out... Ouch lol

4 Patriots starters opting out... Ouch lol
    Donít think Vitale was guaranteed to beat out Jakob Johnson and one of our 3rd round TEs is a combo H back type too.

I was actually hoping that Cannon would get beat out in camp. Heís up there in age and could save good money cutting him. Hopefully Cajuste is fully healed and can play well now that he has that extra inside track.

Pats drafted Dugger at safety in the second round and signed Adrian Phillips so I think weíre well equipped to deal with Chung out.

No idea who that OL is that opted out. Bolden is only a STer so whatever.

Hightower though... man that one is gonna hurt. Thatís pretty crippling to the defense IMO, considering the other offseason losses.

On the bright side, with the contracts getting rolled, we will now have extra cap space to roll over to next year. And we already projected to have good cap space even with the projected drop. I think this is setting us up well to get playing time for lots of young guys and then capitalizing on the FA market next year where weíll have money to spend while very few others do. Should lead to depressed prices overall.

The Funchess opt out is crazy to me because here you are on a one year deal to play with Aaron Rodgers and a chance to turn your career around. Could end up being the last chance to really be a starter and work towards a big contract.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The Funchess opt out is crazy to me because here you are on a one year deal to play with Aaron Rodgers and a chance to turn your career around. Could end up being the last chance to really be a starter and work towards a big contract.
    He could also get Covid and then go visit his parents and they die.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Almost like you're not supposed to go visit people. Weird.
    Dak: 15,778 @ 65.8%, 7.6 per att, 97+21 TD, 36 INT+31 FMB, 97.0 Rate
    Wentz: 14,191 @ 63.8%, 6.9 per att, 97+3 TD, 35 INT+48 FMB, 92.7 Rate

2020:
    Dak: 266 @ 64.1%, 6.8 oer att, 1 TD, 0 INT, 92.5 Rate
    Wentz: 270 @ 57.1%, 6.4 per att, 2 TD, 2 INT, 72.5 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Well, he can still visit his parents and give them covid if he doesn't play. People seem to think the risk completely goes away if you're not playing sports. Have no idea where that came from.

If he was playing he'd be getting tested on a daily basis thus making his visit to his parents significantly safer.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Well, he can still visit his parents and give them covid if he doesn't play. People seem to think the risk completely goes away if you're not playing sports. Have no idea where that came from.

If he was playing he'd be getting tested on a daily basis thus making his visit to his parents significantly safer.
    Right. Like him not playing means he's going to sit at home in isolation for 6 months.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast